Autopsy Round 16 vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 2nd July, 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke briefly with Sam Collins this morning.
He said that everyone was flat after the weekend with injuries to both Buddas and Benny as well as losing by less than a goal for the second time. Wasn't sure on Ben as he hasn't heard of the scan result.
I mentioned about the umpire decisions in the last two minutes and he said "We shouldn't have been in that position after being more than two goals up."
I said I was happy with the overall improvement of the team this year but was hoping for a finals berth.
He told me not to give up hope yet and asked with a laugh if I had a ball using running back in my pocket that they could borrow.

Spoke briefly with Sam Collins this morning.
He said that everyone was flat after the weekend with injuries to both Buddas and Benny as well as losing by less than a goal for the second time. Wasn't sure on Ben as he hasn't heard of the scan result.
I mentioned about the umpire decisions in the last two minutes and he said "We shouldn't have been in that position after being more than two goals up."
I said I was happy with the overall improvement of the team this year but was hoping for a finals berth.
He told me not to give up hope yet and asked with a laugh if I had a ball using running back in my pocket that they could borrow.
Sam is the best clubman going around. He's personally given me his time and day and merch.

One of the greatest recruits we've ever gotten and for free too thanks AFL

In fact they should use that bit of vision to explain what the rule is and what you shouldn't do, because it was a classic leg breaking slide.

The commentators went quiet around then as well and made no mention of it.

The fact the commentary team and Fox didn’t bring it up at the time or afterwards is more than enough proof everyone knew it was incorrect…

The fact the commentary team and Fox didn’t bring it up at the time or afterwards is more than enough proof everyone knew it was incorrect…
Crazy Dwayne said today it was 50:50 and was happy for umpires not to call it. Apparently, Ginnivan had a knee on the ground or something to that effect. Go figure.

Crazy Dwayne said today it was 50:50 and was happy for umpires not to call it. Apparently, Ginnivan had a knee on the ground or something to that effect. Go figure.

No comment to that opinion. I’m sure you can guess my stance on how ‘50:50’ it was.

It's like we have had a witches hat out there for 4 weeks let's put another spud out there. In the video Tsitas said to dewy he won't let him down....wel guess what. But it's not on Tsitas its on dewy for selecting a decent footballer

When I saw that video it sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he wasn't going to let him down... positive mindset will only go so far without the AFL level attributes.

I think coaches went with him because you know you can rely on him to tackle hard and give 100%.

Unfortunately, he’s just too small, not electric quick and definitely not a small forward.

I think coaches went with him because you know you can rely on him to tackle hard and give 100%.

Unfortunately, he’s just too small, not electric quick and definitely not a small forward.
Tsitas and Flanders are basically the same type - smallish mid, not quick and hard to find a spot elsewhere. Can't understand both being selected before others. Oia, Rosas and Ranks same - only room for two of them as quick forwards - and one is definitely Rankine!

Tsitas and Flanders are basically the same type - smallish mid, not quick and hard to find a spot elsewhere. Can't understand both being selected before others. Oia, Rosas and Ranks same - only room for two of them as quick forwards - and one is definitely Rankine!
I thought Flanders was alright, pretty clean with the ball, worked hard up and down the ground. Just not getting the reward stats wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Flanders is a good ordinary player
I don't see the upside to him that I brayed on about with Will Brodie

He will be a high quality role player. Probably not worth the pick 9 we spent on him but tbh he looked like a steal at that point, so can't be to angry about it. Think he has a part in the team going forward.

I thought Flanders was alright, pretty clean with the ball, worked hard up and down the ground. Just not getting the reward stats wise.
Yeah agree.
Just wonder how many of the Collingwood forays forward from the wings were his man delivering the final kick inside 50.

Yeah agree.
Just wonder how many of the Collingwood forays forward from the wings were his man delivering the final kick inside 50.
I don't understand why he was playing wing. He isn't a wingers A-hole. He should be deep forward or inside mid. Doesn't have the pure pace to play outside the contest. Still think there is an inside mid in there, just not being utilised correctly.
He is a hard little campaigner.

His positives are that he's strong, can break a tackle, can stick a tackle, seems a fairly reliable kick without being a game breaker.

Would like him to bring his burst pace into gameplay. Probably can best see that if he gets stints in the middle.

You feel like he has to add another string to his bow.
Find a way to semi-reliably get on the scoreboard or become a really high impact centre square player like De Goey. To do that, I guess he needs to spend a bit more time forward, or in the centre square, which he hasn't really had a chance to do this year.

I'm glad he's playing 1's and likely will for the rest of the year. Will finish the year on 32 games - by the end of next year, could be pushing 50 games and really coming into his own.

His positives are that he's strong, can break a tackle, can stick a tackle, seems a fairly reliable kick without being a game breaker.

Would like him to bring his burst pace into gameplay. Probably can best see that if he gets stints in the middle.

You feel like he has to add another string to his bow.
Find a way to semi-reliably get on the scoreboard or become a really high impact centre square player like De Goey. To do that, I guess he needs to spend a bit more time forward, or in the centre square, which he hasn't really had a chance to do this year.

I'm glad he's playing 1's and likely will for the rest of the year. Will finish the year on 32 games - by the end of next year, could be pushing 50 games and really coming into his own.
50 games should be the minimum for young players before you judge them. Can't all be Rowells.
Look at Ranks, closing in on 50 and really starting to turn it on. Just takes some time to settle.

I
I don't understand why he was playing wing. He isn't a wingers A-hole. He should be deep forward or inside mid. Doesn't have the pure pace to play outside the contest. Still think there is an inside mid in there, just not being utilised correctly.
He is a hard little campaigner.
Is it just me or do you think a wingers a-hole would whistle as they run, as they run at speed all day? Flanders doesn’t look like a whistler to me, more a squeaker 💨

Carry on

Got home at 1:30am this morning...

Airport was a mess, so many delayed/cancelled flights (mine wasn't too bad, just delayed an hour, but my friend was there for 7 hrs)

I enjoyed my time, except the weather felt like more melbourne than QLD haha. What's up with that :p The ground was nice. Atmosphere was cool, except leaving. The fact there is only one form of transportation is crazy.

In terms of the game. You guys should have won that. My friend called it being over in the 3rd, but you couldn't capitalize on your opportunities and there was a few of them. Sometimes inaccuracy gets you in the end. Smashed us in the middle, but going forward didn't take the chances.
Until a small patch in the last that opened it up with the brilliance of two daicos brothers.

You think its no wonder the suns tried to poach this kid. Just does some insane things on field, the way he uses the ball.

Rankine just gets more special every single week.
Miller just does what he does. Is what everyone expects of him week in and week out.

Flanders is still young, gonna give him some time. Ben took forever and now his aerobic capacity is elite and is just everywhere when we go forward.

Ben is still mentoring Flanders so there is hope. At least Flanders isn't publicly sooking.

Flanders will be a gun.
Has all the tools on his belt.

Just needs continuity and build confidence that he can play at this level
He can kick goals.
Take good marks and throw players into the turf.

I was calling Miller a 1 dimensioned vfl player for a good 5 or so years.

Then 1 pre season it clicked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back