Opinion Round 18 Changes vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross just said on channel 7 that Fyfe won't play this week
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He did look really proppy on the weekend so this is probably best for him, but I'll miss seeing my buddy play. Hope his leg's feeling good soon. And I hope someone decks Mitchell. Fricken 4 week injury now

I think Blakely would be a like for like replacement.

After seeing a few of his games with Peel, I agree. Tough contested player with good decision making. Only question mark is his endurance - and that's probably because of only 1 AFL preseason. Hopefully that comes with a couple more years on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still sore.

I'm starting to wonder if this will hurt his Brownlow chance. I don't think he would have polled any votes over the last month.

I wonder how Priddis is polling.

He was getting votes in their losses last year! Imagine him winning again...

Still sore.

I'm starting to wonder if this will hurt his Brownlow chance. I don't think he would have polled any votes over the last month.
I think he'll have enough votes even if he took off the rest of the year. But if a week off gets him back to close to 100% there'll be plenty more polling games to come. And there's no way he could get suspended this week. So really... this week off is great for his Brownlow chances

What was RTBs explanation re:Fyfe?
Fyfe went for more scans of his thigh and it had not improved as much as they would have expected so the doctor recommended that he has a rest.

In the interview he also would not rule out Crowley for a return and the doctor had given Clancee the all clear to play but I would think he will need to be looked after and get him ready for a brutal finals series . Silvagni is right to go and maybe in the team as well.
The interesting part for me was that when Dawson comes back into the team Alex Pearce will be moved into the forward line.
Alex was a forward all through his junior years so with the lessons learnt playing as a KPB we could have a serious swing man in the making .

It's good of Lyon to give all you gamblers and SuperCoach players the advance notice of Fyfe's absence this week.

I do wonder if Fyfe has more than just the Mitchell corkie though. There is no guarantee that he will be back the following weekend against St. Kilda.

This gives Barlow the chance to occupy the centre square more, and Mzungu or a young bloke to have a chance.

I trust Ross and the selection panel to make the right call, but, would be disappointed to not see a new face on the weekend given Fyfe is out.

Is Weller considered a "youth"? I'm not so sure what's the criteria these days.
But I thought I read somewhere Ross don't play these ankle biters.

Its late in season, wouldn't be surprised if Mz is the only in.

Had a strong feeling Fyfe wouldn't pull up for this one. He looked seriously proppy in the last half of the Richmond game.

Bloody Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back