Round 19: Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

They're usually dull matches - I can't really remember an exciting/close/important game that we've played in Tassie since maybe 06/07.

Not to mention I want to attend every game that I can.
Boo hoo, you can't attend one game. And the reason there are no exiting games is because the 'good teams' think they are to good to come to Tassie

Will be a lot closer than many are thinking, but with Hawthorn's class and the top 4 race tightening I can't see them dropping this one. Hawks by 20.

They're usually dull matches - I can't really remember an exciting/close/important game that we've played in Tassie since maybe 06/07.

2008, when we beat you and both teams were on top of the ladder. Tom Williams played a blinder on Buddy even though he kicked a bag.

Anybody know why a game between two Melbourne teams is in Hobart but Hawthorn play a home game against GWS at the MCG?

Hodge kicked that awesome goal last year against us, that was pretty exciting I guess :p

2008, when we beat you and both teams were on top of the ladder. Tom Williams played a blinder on Buddy even though he kicked a bag.

Anybody know why a game between two Melbourne teams is in Hobart but Hawthorn play a home game against GWS at the MCG?

The Hawks request games against Victorian opposition in Launceston so that they can lure the Victorian tourism $$$

That said many Hawthorn supporters suspect that the AFL has an agenda with their scheduling to push Hawthorn out of Tasmania (the fact that we play 3 of our 4 Tasmanian games smack bang in the middle of winter accentuates this view)

In 2012 we played Sydney + North Melbourne in Tasmania whilst playing GWS, Gold Coast, West Coast, Adelaide and Brisbane in Melbourne (5 of our 7 MCG home games)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet Jesus, Luke Darcy already rimming the Bulldogs. This will be painful to listen to.
They need a commentator who knows half the list of the Dogs. So I guess Darce fits the bill.

They need a commentator who knows half the list of the Dogs. So I guess Darce fits the bill.

s**t, if that's what it takes to get the job I'll spend half an hour looking over there list memorising. And I won't even bag young players and make the easy calls and pass them off as insightful.

Hawks by plenty. They'll kick a cricket score.
It doesn't normally happen in Tassie. The games down there are often turnover filled, slugfests where good teams do bad things.

Be prepared to watch a s**t match.

It doesn't normally happen in Tassie. The games down there are often turnover filled, slugfests where good teams do bad things.

Be prepared to watch a s**t match.

This. Its good to see that the myth that Launceston brings the best out of Hawthorn continues to hold strength. If anything our ideal venue is probably Ethiad given our offence, importance of disposal and emerging outside spread.

Good test for Woody today. He's one of our young inside mids who the club rate highly. Good overhead. Reminds me of young Daniel Kerr in the way attacks the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back