Round 2: Essendon vs Hawthorn @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the players disagree that Fyfe isn't better than the pair of them.
Thats not the same question though, is it.

Hodge and Mitchell are Hawthorn greats. If Fyfe played at Hawthorn we'd be pumping his tyres up, but he'd still be considered to be behind those two, simply because he doesn't have the runs on the board to surpass them just yet.

How good has Hooker become, Fast becoming one of the best Defenders in the comp, He absolutely pocketed Roughie.
He has come a long way. We always used to laugh at him when Buddy made him look so stupid so often. Shame he did not try to spoil Cyril when he kicked the winning goal.

How good has Hooker become, Fast becoming one of the best Defenders in the comp, He absolutely pocketed Roughie.

Still the only thing I'll probably ever remember Hooker by is those 2 goals Buddy kicked on him. Good times.

That said he has been in super form and played a blinder. Benefiting from the high possession game plan,

You are kidding yourself. Fyfe last season top 10 in AFLCA voting, media awards, won our B&F, voted by the players as one of the best 10 players in the comp, yet Hawks have 4 players better than him? Deluded.

Quite a few Hawks supporters actually seem to enjoy downplaying Fyfe, I wonder why?? He's 22 and our most reliable player.
Mitchell kicks better on his opposite foot than Fyfe does on his natural! See, footy is s**t load about hitting the target. Fyfe is good but has to prove himself a little while longer..and People love forgetting the brilliance of Hodge (but meaning to because it suits them better that way), it makes people sleep better.

The players themselves think he is better if the AFL site can be trusted.
Yeah, judging by the silhouette's he's 7, Swan 6, Watson 5, Dangerfield 4, Selwood 3, Pendlebury 2, Ablett 1.

In what universe could Selwood be considered better than Franklin or Mitchell.

Pendlebury is also way too high too.
I think you can throw a blanket over Watson, Pendlebury an Selwood as 2, 3 and 4 personally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no. objectively, mitchell is just a better player than selwood and watson.
Okay. Your team's best player is better than the best players of Hawthorn's two most hated clubs.

Makes sense that the best player in the best team is better than the two best players from mediocre teams.

Glad we're on the same page now.
Your "best team" limped over the ine against one of these mediocre teams on the weekend. The other was only a kick away from a GF last year. Nice try. Watson, Selwood, Pendlebury>Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back