Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 38. Steven Morris

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • 48. Kane Lambert

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

no, i think that there isn't a team in the comp that doesn't think they can't beat us = we have no respect

respect must be earned

what we saw on the weekend fuels that fire more than attempts to reverse it
Teams have always not respected us regardless of where we are on the ladder.
That's a hatred thing.
It's THEM against us instead of US against them.
Gee remember 1995 a team with a barebones list but hearts the size of Phar Lap.

What is our problem with Knights? B.O.G in the last few weeks at VFL level and ha proven himself at AFL level before. Instead we picked Petterd when Titch went out and had Lambert in.
Grrrr...

Petterd can get ****ed. Honestly must be doing something under Hardwicks desk to get a game. Ive seen him play like s**t in the VFL. He is the furthest thing from an AFL footballer going round.

Petterd can get stuffed. Honestly must be doing something under Hardwicks desk to get a game. Ive seen him play like s**t in the VFL. He is the furthest thing from an AFL footballer going round.

He was serviceable when he was used on the wing/run with role before we had Kamdyn and Hunt. But he is effectively useless now he isn't being used in that role and we don't need him in that role. Up forward we might as well have Vickery instead.

No, it's not what you said at all.
Rubbish, I simply stated that the first port of call is get your players to have a go, then you separate those whose skill is better. If you don't have the first part, then the second wont matter. I just replied to a post about Morris and stated at least he has a go, which frankly not many in our team do. That was the point.

Last edited:
Why can't Lloyd be the Eddie type in our forward line? Watching Eddie in his last two matches he reads the play (I think Lloyd does this okay too) he puts himself in dangerous spots, he chases & harasses with repeat effort and is a good goal sense (ditto Lloyd).

For me Lloyd can be a very dangerous forward if he can build on his forward pressure, repeat efforts to keep the ball in his zone and play on instinct. He has the main tools required in his ability to read the play and goal sense. Just the effort and pressure needs work for mine. Gee imagine if we could get him to average 1.5 to 2 goals a game from him, that's 30 to 50+ goals a season.
Its a good point on Lloyd. I think a poster suggested that why cant we get Lloyd to put all the fwd pressure instead of Morris? The question is does he have it in him to do it?

Quite simply the dogs went in harder and tackled harder than our players did.
Yep but after watching the games over the round, the tackle count is lower this year, but it highlights our lack of man on man pressure (ie right up their jacksee all game) which we don't have. Need to get that in our game.

Yep but after watching the games over the round, the tackle count is lower this year, but it highlights our lack of man on man pressure (ie right up their jacksee all game) which we don't have. Need to get that in our game.
Dogs and Bombers were a great example, their pressure was awesome and in the end its what got them the 4 points.

Wonder how much this might have to do with the instruction to corral the opposition... extend the arms and make ourselves appear bigger to force a bad decision...
Personally I would rather the players adopted a manic run at the opponent full bore and actually exert some real pressure rather than perceived pressure...

Yesterday really hurt me. I know it's round 2 of a very long season, but we really should have 8 points in the bank. I said at the start of the game, our lineup looked a little slow up against the doggies, who's only real way to worry teams is through speed. Then we lost Sheds. I said, geez we've now lost Lids and Sheds, probably 2 of our 5 quickest players, in terms of foot speed and decision making. Then I hear Pettard is the late inclusion. I'm sorry, yes the coaches would know a lot more than I would, but it was so clear Ricky was not the smartest inclusion. I am a fan of him, but he is treacle slow. Slow in terms of running, decision making and even his ball drop takes longer than me in bed sometimes. Fair enough, Lennon or even Donuts aren't lightening quick, but surely they were a more like-for-like replacement for Sheds, as they are creative footballers. Not to sheds level yet, but more so than Ricky P. That change for me, was a horrible.

We now had Newman, Ricky P, Miles, Grigg, Lloyd, Floss and Lambert rotating through the midfield/Backline/Forward line, against a team who pride themselves on pure speed and pressure. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, yes, but it was obvious to a simpleton like me that we were about to be run absolutely ragged. Some of those players mentioned above definitely offer fantastic traits to them team, but should never be allowed to all play together in the same game. Newman is done, yes he was far from our worst, but his time is up. Lennon must come in for him. Grigg must be replaced by Conca, now. Yes he played well last week, but to me he's not a "try and win that ball at all cost" type player. I don't care what your role is, outside inside whatever, when it's 50/50, you ****in go! Ricky must be replaced, and Sir Knights, in you get. With these 3 changes we are already a more rounded team. Skill, speed, versatility and creativity is already improved. Why this hasn't occurred yet is mind blowing. "But, but they aren't beating down the door to take their spots" I hear you say? I don't give a s**t. Lennon needs to play at the top level, he belongs there, and he has so many tools to work with. He can mark, and has exquisite skills. Donuts is in the same boat for me. I'd play him ahead of Gordon any day of the week. I love Dimma, but he is a very cautious coach. It would be a risk to play Lennon ahead of Newman, but the potential upside is phenomenal.

Now the back line. For me, it has to be Rance (pay him whatever he wants, he's worth it), Stingray, Grimes and Batch. In my opinion that's a fantastic young back line with so much versatility. I guarantee you though, when Stingray comes back, it won't be Chaplin making way, it will be Grimes. Dimma just won't risk taking out a seasoned head like Chaplin for a kid. Chappy has become a liability. I have backed him in for so long, but after watching him live again, he is just nowhere atm. Make him accountable, and he's finished.
EDIT: Watch Elton leave this year to a team like Freo or Hawks. He was very impressive in the pre season, but will not be played due to Dimma being worried about the unknown.

My last point is to do with the team's aggression. I love watching teams like Hawthorn, Freo and Poort. When one of their player is being given a hard time, ALL of his team mates make sure that opponent is battered pillar to post. Cotchin has been down lately no doubt, but he puts up with a lot of s**t. He got choke slammed yesterday, and not one of his ****in team mates remonstrated for him. It happens every ****in week. If anyone gets stuck into a player like Hodge or Fyfe, their team mates make it a mission to drive that opponent into the ground at every chance, and then let him know about it while he is getting up. We are a piss weak team. It is the thing that shits me most about this team. Nobody flies the flag, it really is pathetic. Grigg doesn't give a s**t. I'm sorry, but he is a player who is happy to collect his pay cheque and get by. Good luck to him, because our match committee keep selecting the prick. He doesn't hurt when we lose. How could anyone respect our team?

My rant is over, apologies. I have calmed down after the debacle yesterday. Let's bounce back boys!

This to me is our biggest problem. I think our list is decent, we are just such a mentally weak team with no killer instinct or fire in our eyes. When Cotch was DDT'd yesterday I thought for sure there was going to be a brawl... not one person came over to remonstrate the dog player that did it and it sickened me to my core. Very insipid we are, really need some leadership and aggression in our group quickly

Wonder how much this might have to do with the instruction to corral the opposition... extend the arms and make ourselves appear bigger to force a bad decision...
Personally I would rather the players adopted a manic run at the opponent full bore and actually exert some real pressure rather than perceived pressure...
So much this, our players have ample opportunity to drive bone crunching tackles but choose to opt out and play the look at me, I can jump in the air with my arms waving about while the opposition gathers the ball and sizes up his options.

That game on the weekend with the way we played reminded me of dreamtime last year, getting sent wide, going backwards and sideways across half back, we had many chances to go up the guts and instead we found ourselves contesting a throw in on the wing.
Last year the boundary was our friend. Doesn't seem that way to me thus far in 2015.

I'm just thinking the loss of Maddie may have sent ripples through the club.
Jack was pretty down after the Carlton game.:(
I will forgive them if that is the case.

Like Jack said, 4 points will never replace her.

We're with you lads even though you may think we are frustrated.
We are all in this together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football has become an intense game. He who can last at the intensity the longest wins.

We don't have intensity.

Three games that show just how far away we are.

Fremantle vs Port.
Port vs Sydney
Hawthorn vs Essendon

These games my friends are where the great teams live. Watch and analyse these games, don't get emotionally involved in them and you will see where We have to get to and how far we are from there.

We can't play at that intensity For a quarter let alone for a whole game. We don't have enough players who can hit in that hard for that long. We don't have the players who can hit targets under that pressure.

When Hardwick came to the club he made a comment that number one is when it's your turn to go as a player you will go. I'm seeing it from other sides but he allows players continually to get a game that don't have this ability.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we aren't winning anything under Hardwick.

This to me is our biggest problem. I think our list is decent, we are just such a mentally weak team with no killer instinct or fire in our eyes. When Cotch was DDT'd yesterday I thought for sure there was going to be a brawl... not one person came over to remonstrate the dog player that did it and it sickened me to my core. Very insipid we are, really need some leadership and aggression in our group quickly
Mate how bad is it!? It drives me insane, to watch a leader of our team being man handled week in week out and not one of our soft passengers getting in to at least show they won't stand for it. I'd almost feel better if we gave a free kick away for running through the prick who did it. Imagine if that had happened to a Hawthorn or Sydney player.

Richmond play every teams granny so the pressure never lets up.Expecting Brisbane to come out firing this week,North was definately not their granny,its the hatred of Richmond as a club that brings out the best in opposition teams so throw form guides out of the window in Richmond fixtures.Teams hunt us.
How many teams play poorly then face us after we've had a win then they play out of their skins?
Happens alot.
We need a mindset and a determination to combat this every bloody week.
Yeah, nah. Teams don't hunt us coz they hate us. Who hates Bangladesh in cricket?
They play hard against us coz we have a reputation as a flakey side that will crumble if put under pressure.
So teams come out hard against us, hoping to see us crack.
It often works.

Did you see how the Essendon players resembled a pack of hunting dogs? They were fierce and relentless in their tackling. Made even the best side in the competition crumble at stages yesterday. I have noticed that in a few wins they had last year as well. If you look at Hawthorn, they also do that.

This kind of toughness will get you the 4 points most days . Eventually, the opposition will wilt under the pressure (Of course, you have to combine that with hitting targets well when disposing of the ball and great marking).

This is what Richmond lacks greatly

Its a good point on Lloyd. I think a poster suggested that why cant we get Lloyd to put all the fwd pressure instead of Morris? The question is does he have it in him to do it?
If not he is a one trick pony and on his way out the door. Even an average footballer with poor skills can be good at putting pressure on. It's all about effort and not giving up, chase, harass, rinse & repeat.

Back