Game Day Round 2 vs. St Kilda, MCG, 7:30pm Thurs 21/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: AJ, Dean, WHE, Markov

In: Macrae, Frampton, Reef, Noble

Sub: WHE/Markov
I like this.

Huge Markov fan but I’m disillusioned with him so far this year. Drop him or sub is appropriate.

Noble hungry and ALWAYS gives his all. It makes up for some lack of skill he can possess.

100% need to give Frampton a go. If nothing else, he’s a versatile tall. His grand final performance up forward was better than we’ve seen from Johnson.

I’d give Mitchell another week off to get that ankle right. So Fin for a full game.

And absolutely time to give Reef a go. He can’t be worse than Johnson.

I keep wondering why we delisted Ruscoe. Feel he could have been handy.

The more young hungry blokes we give a go the better at this stage. Reinvigorate the side. Show the premiership players, they’re no sure thing. You have to keep performing.

Are we also carrying too many small forwards?

Adams split his time in the midfield and the forward line. We have no one from the forward line doing that anymore.

Elliot, Schultz, Hill & Beau none are running through the midfield.

I’ve also noticed teams don’t give us the little 15 meter diagonal kick anymore. Last year, we would get a little 15 meter diagonal kick to keep position - not so much anymore.

The system has been figured out.

In the absence of McStay I think we need to use the positive start to the season of Cameron by treating him like a sole ruck option and have him split his time between the ruck and resting on the bench. It'll increase his burden but most rucks generally enjoy the responsibility.

Cox spends more time anchoring our forward line as a result and we cross our fingers we can start at the very least bringing more balls to ground level for our smalls.

McInnes comes in for Johnson and we hope he can display more hunger and talent for the ground level ball and use his extra leg speed to aid our F50 pressure. By some accounts he might have improved his contested marking over Summer. If not then God knows lowering our eyes and having an extra leading target may not be such a bad thing.

Frampton replaces Dean in defence. Macrae starts in the 22.

Out: Johnson - Markov
In: Frampton - Mitchell

FB: Dean - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Crisp - Moore - Quaynor
C: J. Daicos - De Goey - Sidebottom
HF: McCreery - Cox - Howe
FF: Elliott - Mihocek - Hill
FOLL: Cameron - N. Daicos - Macrae
INT: Schultz - Pendlebury - Lipinski - Mitchell
SUB: Hoskin-Elliott

Dean to play 3rd tall in the backline, Howe to provide leading up forward. Crisp to play exclusively in the backline.

I don’t know that McInnes played too well in the VFL, but if others know otherwise then I’d be tempted to bring him in.

I like this.

Huge Markov fan but I’m disillusioned with him so far this year. Drop him or sub is appropriate.

Noble hungry and ALWAYS gives his all. It makes up for some lack of skill he can possess.

100% need to give Frampton a go. If nothing else, he’s a versatile tall. His grand final performance up forward was better than we’ve seen from Johnson.

I’d give Mitchell another week off to get that ankle right. So Fin for a full game.

And absolutely time to give Reef a go. He can’t be worse than Johnson.

I keep wondering why we delisted Ruscoe. Feel he could have been handy.

The more young hungry blokes we give a go the better at this stage. Reinvigorate the side. Show the premiership players, they’re no sure thing. You have to keep performing.

Fly said we did need to freshen up the team with another 6 day break.
I think Mitchell comes back in, and maybe one of the older legs in Pendles, Sidebottom or Elliott get managed this week. Macrae also should start this Thursday night
Definitely think McInnes gets his opportunity. Johnson should play VFL for the next month, until he gets confidence in his marking and strings together good consistent performances.
With the Saints using King, Membrey and have Marshall dropping down forward at times, l'm playing Frampton too.
Unfortunately Dean may miss out, or we may go a complete surprise and keep Dean in, and play Frampton up forward. Our forward line looks really undersized to me......

Out: Johnson - Markov
In: Frampton - Mitchell

FB: Dean - Frampton - Maynard
HB: Crisp - Moore - Quaynor
C: J. Daicos - De Goey - Sidebottom
HF: McCreery - Cox - Howe
FF: Elliott - Mihocek - Hill
FOLL: Cameron - N. Daicos - Macrae
INT: Schultz - Pendlebury - Lipinski - Mitchell
SUB: Hoskin-Elliott

Dean to play 3rd tall in the backline, Howe to provide leading up forward. Crisp to play exclusively in the backline.

I don’t know that McInnes played too well in the VFL, but if others know otherwise then I’d be tempted to bring him in.

I like this but I would keep Howe back, and replace Dean with McInnes from your side. I really like bringing Billy back in, I feel we have looked a little too small behind the ball so far and I think the combination of Frampton/Moore/Howe gives us aerial dominance at that end of the ground.

I think if you have Murphy up and running, that would give us the flexibility to move Howe forward if McInnes also struggles like AJ.

B: B.Maynard - B.Frampton - I.Quaynor
HB: J.Crisp - D.Moore - J.Howe
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott - R.McInnes - B.Hill
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: B.McReery - W.Hoskin-Elliott - F.Macrae - M.Cox
S: T.Mitchell

I think DeGoey will spend a little more time forward than normal to accomodate the extra midfielder in Mitchell/Macrae.

I like this but I would keep Howe back, and replace Dean with McInnes from your side. I really like bring Billy back in, I feel we have looked a little too small behind the ball so far and I think the combination of Frampton/Moore/Howe gives us aerial dominance at that end of the ground.

B: B.Maynard - B.Frampton - I.Quaynor
HB: J.Crisp - D.Moore - J.Howe
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - S.Sidebottom
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott - R.McInnes - B.Hill
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: B.McReery - W.Hoskin-Elliott - F.Macrae - M.Cox
S: T.Mitchell

I think DeGoey will spend a little more time forward than normal to accomodate the extra midfielder in Mitchell/Macrae.
I understand that, just think another week from Reef in the VFL wouldn’t hurt. De Goey up forward would be fine by me, he has been inconsistent thus far.

Ed Allan apparently lit up the reserves, so hopefully a debut from him soon

Noble, Reef and Macrae in the 22.

Whatever combination of players involving Dean and Ash being omitted is fine with me.

We need more leg speed, hence the Noble inclusion.

I'd give Schulz extended runs on the ball, get him touching the footy a little more.

Macrae in the guts first bounce.

Sidebottom needs to move to HF so he stops getting dragged into D50, absolute liability.

Reef for AJ
Mcrae for Markov
Markov or Noble sub.

I hope we give Dean, McRae and McInnes a decent block of games to show what they've got. The team needs an injection of new blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fly’s presser, it’s clear AJ going back to VFL to find confidence

In
Reef, Frampton, Titch, and I’d like to see another young player come in
Out
AJ Dean others

Lots of great suggestions so far, which just shows there are options :). Good to know! Coaches/match committee just need to be a little more imaginative and less constrained perhaps?
An essential in for me is JFN. He will bust his guts and give it everything he possibly can. Hopefully, this may remind many in the team of how to play with verve and hunger, without fear of making mistakes and with nothing to lose....

It’s not quite play the kids territory Dave 😂 (yet 😄)

Allan is a fair way off it from all reports anyway and I don’t think playing someone like him when the pressures on is a good idea
Well AFL Mids have same Issue

From Fly’s presser, it’s clear AJ going back to VFL to find confidence

In
Reef, Frampton, Titch, and I’d like to see another young player come in
Out
AJ Dean others
I think Frampton will come in for AJ. I’d be tempted to give Cox a spell too. Mitchell to also come in. Macrae needs to start.

Weirdly, we have been smashed towards the back end of the 2nd quarter & right after half time in both games.
Apart from that quick 3 goal burst early we were smashed all game. I've lost count of the number of basic goals they totally botched or missed sitters. It was just a bad game.
Need to re set up and add pace round the ball. Use some of the VFL players who tore it up last year.
Need more of a squad mentality with an older list

Apart from that quick 3 goal burst early we were smashed all game. I've lost count of the number of basic goals they totally botched or missed sitters. It was just a bad game.
Need to re set up and add pace round the ball. Use some of the VFL players who tore it up last year.
Need more of a squad mentality with an older list

I agree we were getting smashed for the whole game. It was a bit embarrassing to be honest.

I think Frampton will come in for AJ. I’d be tempted to give Cox a spell too. Mitchell to also come in. Macrae needs to start.

Given flys comments about being beaten in the air in defence, I reckon Frampton will play back. Maybe Dean stays in and Howe swings forward?

Cox will stay. He and Cameron both had good games. No need to rest either just yet.

Maybe WHE, Markov, McCreery are in the gun to make way for Mitchell. I’d like to say Schultz too but that won’t happen.

Given flys comments about being beaten in the air in defence, I reckon Frampton will play back. Maybe Dean stays in and Howe swings forward?

Cox will stay. He and Cameron both had good games. No need to rest either just yet.

Maybe WHE, Markov, McCreery are in the gun to make way for Mitchell. I’d like to say Schultz too but that won’t happen.
I agree with Frampton, Dean, Cox & Cameron. Maybe Howe forward, but I'm nervous about taking him out of our defence too.

Pity Reef didn't do much in the practice match yesterday.

I can't actually believe people could be laying any blame with Schultz. If we were playing at the standard of last year, I'm confident he'd be fitting in fine & maybe one of our best. But we're not. And it's certainly not his fault.

No one is mentioning it but it's significant.

Three games in 12 days after starting interstate against a hard running GWS. We chased Swans last night.

6 day Thursday night game against Saints. This game is going to be a challenge too. Only saving grace is Saints off a 5 day break but after their first game for the year. We have played two before they have even started. It's a joke!!!!

The AFL fixturing for us has been ridiculous. I hope we can get to the bye round 2-3. It's likely 1-4.

Regardless lets see what happens after the bye round. I expect we will settle down after that.

It's going to be a rough few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back