Autopsy Round 22 - vs Geelong @ Metricon Stadium - August 13th at 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

With a sense of pre doom, I'll start the conversation!

First up, anything less than 60 points is a win, given the pitiful state of our defense that comes up against the Twin Towers that are Hawkins and Cameron - then toss in Stengle to keep Lemmens the fumbly mess he's become and of course, Gary Rohen and others.

So, we need to hunker down and build the most solid defense we can muster - and given the injuries, that won't be easy.

Farrah, Collins and amazingly, Mac Andrew are the foundation and should make up the HB line. I'd bring in Rory for a farewell game and plonk him on Hawkins with no other motive but to spoil! Caleb (gulp) Graham on Cameron sounds just awful - and either MacPherson or Lemmens on Stengle / Rohen.

I'm even more petrified after reading that.

Maybe, Farrah can 'tag' Cameron - he should at least be able to match him for speed. Markov should be considered but where. I can't see Collins getting close to Cameron so he might get Hawkins.

In the end it'll come down to how well - or badly - McPherson, Lemmens and Graham play. We have to assume or hope that Collins, Mac and Farrah will play reasonably well.

Mid field just has to stand up this week and try and stop the flood into their forward lines and of course the forwards need to kick straighter and more often.

I'll be there but just hope we can come home with an honorable loss - or as I sometimes live in Fantasy land - the most unlikely of wins.

...and then we have an improving Kangaroos to finish off the season - and Hawks / Crows almost ready to go past us and drop us down the ladder.
A very nervous two weeks - + the Rankine saga to keep us faithful on sedatives.

Collins and Lemmens both wearing masks at the members event this morning, maybe close contacts? Early watch for this weekends game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lemmens already had it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i just hope hawkins doesnt land on mac andrew
I said with genuine concern seeing Ace warm up vs Collingwood that Mason Cox was going to sit on the poor kid and snap him clean in half.

I think I'm washing what's left of my hair after yet another glorious Suns post bye flame out
Hang on I'll get some lemon lime to go with that.

I'll actually, genuinely be on a plane to Victoria during the game so going off of my usual luck I'll turn off aeroplane mode to find that Rosas kicked 6 goals, We won by 40 points and Yeeted Suns showed up on Fox Footy for trying to fight a Selwood.

Stonks 👌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK folks, I know our chances here aren't exactly stellar, and finals chances are gone, BUT, there still is something to play/cheer for!

Our best ever year was 2014...12th place, 10 wins, 93.7%

We're currently sitting in 11th place with 9 wins and 102.7% (with port 1 game and 0.9% behind)

2 games to go, we need one win for it to be our best season yet. (Assuming we don't lose the other game too badly, which admittedly could be why this game matters).

So the season goes on, and with it, there are still goals for us to reach!

Go the SUNS!

Wet game.

Mentally spent after finals are gone. Off-season mood.

Izak probably leaving having negative impact on morale.

Healthy best team in competition as opponent.

Defence the weakest link. No re-bound, turnovers, no dare. After re-watching Hawks game, I am actually more worried about Collins than Graham.

Witts, Anderson, Rowell look exhausted.

Pass for me if kept under 50.

Moyle, Faulkhead, Ace?

If we can keep them under 100 points and kick 10 goals ourselves I’ll be amazed.

Just want to see some kids do something good and is not get totally humiliated.

Wet game.

Mentally spent after finals are gone. Off-season mood.

Izak probably leaving having negative impact on morale.

Healthy best team in competition as opponent.

Defence the weakest link. No re-bound, turnovers, no dare. After re-watching Hawks game, I am actually more worried about Collins than Graham.

Witts, Anderson, Rowell look exhausted.

Pass for me if kept under 50.

Moyle, Faulkhead, Ace?

I would love to see Faulkhead, even for half a game, he is a Geelong area boy.

I wouldn’t be resting Witt’s right now he’s Defs in the AA squad he’ll just have to finish the year to get a starting spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back