Review Round 17 - vs Richmond @ Metricon Stadium 09.07.22 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Been said a 1000 times, but Ben Ainsworth, take a bow. The kid works harder than anyone on the team and he is getting all the rewards finally. Is an out and out star

We are witnessing some serious resilience my friends.
I cannot lie. We’re the team who never say die!

What a game.
After Noah kicked THAT goal, the crowd went that berserk that you couldn’t hear the siren. It was only when we saw the bench charge onto the field that we realised we’d won. Thought there were a couple of minutes left!!!

Been said a 1000 times, but Ben Ainsworth, take a bow. The kid works harder than anyone on the team and he is getting all the rewards finally. Is an out and out star
He's always worked hard.
This year with improved dividends mostly through improved attacking team play and improved goal kicking.

I still think he had a lot to improve on throughout this year. I don't think he's particularly creative or makes plays happen through skill or excellent decisions, mostly just excellent work rate and always giving 100% (super important)

I thought today he really took it to the next level. Moved it on quick when the situation demanded it, gave excellent, attacking forward handballs, hit targets. Really wished he had kicked that goal near the end to bring up a 3rd goal and really cap off a fantastic performance.

Congratulations to the Suns on a terrific win.

Gutted to lose it that way as a Tiger supporter but if we had to lose one like that I am pleased it was to the Suns. I have been bullish on you guys, your coach, your list, and your skipper for a couple of years now and I do think you have great things ahead in future years.

I think you are a strong chance to get to 12 wins and a decent percentage now and that could be right in the mix for finals. It was great to see the atmosphere and excitement on and after the siren today, augurs well for the medium term future of your club.

I listened to Dew’s press conference and I think the coaching staff did well to pull themselves back together at half time after being thrown into a bit of a panic by D Rioli and Bolton in particular. With Izak back, and Lukosius with a bit of footy under his belt, and the good depth you have now, I think you can cover the loss of a few running backmen. But whatever you do this year I think you should be a decent chance to contend properly from either next year or maybe more likely 2024.

Enjoy the win.

He's always worked hard.
This year with improved dividends mostly through improved attacking team play and improved goal kicking.

I still think he had a lot to improve on throughout this year. I don't think he's particularly creative or makes plays happen through skill or excellent decisions, mostly just excellent work rate and always giving 100% (super important)

I thought today he really took it to the next level. Moved it on quick when the situation demanded it, gave excellent, attacking forward handballs, hit targets. Really wished he had kicked that goal near the end to bring up a 3rd goal and really cap off a fantastic performance.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there that he has always worked hard, but this year he is reaping the rewards of a different game plan. Our fast, direct game plan is perfect for a hard-working quick half fwd. An absolute blinder of a game but hell i was cursing him when he missed that goal😂

Popping in to say how good that win was and I barely even care if you beat us next week - nice job doing Richmond in like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Popping in to say how good that win was and I barely even care if you beat us next week - nice job doing Richmond in like that!

Nobody respects what you say. You support the club started by the people who introduced the feral fox to this great land for their own amusement and entertainment. And stop stealing our VFL players campaigners. 🤣

Anyone else have any confrontations with Tigers supporters at the game?

I missed the end as I was verbally abused by 2 young entitled drunk Tigers supporters in a mob while heading to the toilets at 3q time. I assume they didn’t think an older guy would stand up to them (plus the bravery of being in a mob) but I chested the 2nd one to get in my face and offered to teach him some manners ( not quite what I said) and they both coward away like all weak men do that only find bravery in a bottle.

A third one came up and I thought here we go but he apologised for their behaviour, regardless my wife was so shocked and disgusted with them that she wanted to leave so I missed the end

BTW I don’t encourage anyone to stand up as It could get ugly but damn I wish I had given them some actual bruises to go with their mental ones.

I thought Atkins showed a bit at the end as well. He provided some run and overlap with pace and footskills which we clearly are trained to play with given how our team structures up. Surely should be starting next week in this role.

I missed the end as I was verbally abused by 2 young entitled drunk Tigers supporters in a mob while heading to the toilets at 3q time. I assume they didn’t think an older guy would stand up to them (plus the bravery of being in a mob) but I chested the 2nd one to get in my face and offered to teach him some manners ( not quite what I said) and they both coward away like all weak men do that only find bravery in a bottle.

A third one came up and I thought here we go but he apologised for their behaviour, regardless my wife was so shocked and disgusted with them that she wanted to leave so I missed the end

BTW I don’t encourage anyone to stand up as It could get ugly but damn I wish I had given them some actual bruises to go with their mental ones.
utensil heads.

Side note: the upside to having most of our games being fox footy broadcasts… is getting to hear Anthony Hudson call moments like that finish. You just wish Garry Lyon would shut up and let Huddo do the talking.
I thought it was painfully obvious they were calling it from a studio in Melbourne and not at the ground.

The ‘ohh whaaattt’ ‘no wayyy’ type calls in the last few minutes just sounded so put on and fake. Hard to greatly get into it when sitting in an empty studio.

They were pretty well behaved where we were, except after the game where they were eating their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back