Review Round 17 - vs Richmond @ Metricon Stadium 09.07.22 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We started well but that 2nd quarter was probably our worst footy of the year. It looked like off-season started. Bad skills, turnovers, not required work rate by basically all players except Ainsworth. Tigers had a field day with us.

To come back in 2nd half, to chip away and give yourself opportunity is credit to players, coaches.

Then magic happened in the last 10 minutes. For sure Tigers had many opportunities to seal the win but we deserved some luck after 2 close losses.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tigers fans, most of them were quite good around me except that constant booing of every call against them.

Best On Ground showed Day's kick to Anderson and interestingly also Jack Riewoldt in what it looks like Jack giving some expletives to his teammates after the siren :tearsofjoy:

Proud of never give up attitude.

Last edited:
I thought Atkins showed a bit at the end as well. He provided some run and overlap with pace and footskills which we clearly are trained to play with given how our team structures up. Surely should be starting next week in this role.
Helped quell Boston’s influence a little bit and actually helped provide a cool head when some were losing theirs.

L

Love that you know this.
Atkins definitely wore long sleeve for Adelaide before so he might be our next.

Doubt it, apparently Stewey has a no long sleeve rule that he would have inherited under Clarkson days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not much talk about Chol.
Just want to recognise his game.

6 shots on goal, 3 goals (really should have been at least 4 goals)
9 score involvements including two lovely tap ons that lead to both the Holman and Fiorini goal.
3 contested marks, 4 marks inside 50.

Was a thorn in Richmonds side most of the night. Really could have made them pay more than he ultimately did.

Yep. If we had Worpel we would never have been in a losing position. Get Ando out now
Alright you campaigners :straining: - go look at the votes thread and the Noah Anderson thread.

I am eating the biggest piece of humble pie going - well played Noah.

Can we still get LDU though please :cool:

In all seriousness - I was wrong - mea culpa - Noah Anderson is much better than I gave him credit for - man, my post is going to keep biting me in the arse isn't it 😂😂😂

Oh FFS.gif

Alright you campaigners :straining: - go look at the votes thread and the Noah Anderson thread.

In all seriousness - I was wrong - mea culpa - Noah Anderson is much better than I gave him credit for - man, my post is going to keep biting me in the arse isn't it 😂😂😂

View attachment 1443344
Was listening on the radio and it sounded like LDU had an outstanding game yesterday

View attachment 1443344
Id say I'd let you forget it but I just don't think I will yet🤗

View attachment 1443344
Your next mission, Should you choose to accept it.

Start talking s**t about Caleb Graham and watch him turn into the next AA KPD.

Your next mission, Should you choose to accept it.

Start talking s**t about Caleb Graham and watch him turn into the next AA KPD.
I nearly gave him a point in all honesty - thought his kicking had improved out of sight.

But in the spirit of the thread..... Caleb Graham and 1st rounder for Josh Walker.

Ol' Caleb will get 25 possies and kick 5 next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1443344
If we get LDU, all is forgiven. Absolute jet

Visited the Richmond board and they ( some) think the umpires robbed them, wtf, those campaigners got 5 shots on goal in the first 3 quarters from dodgy as * calls.

Try being a non Victorian big club and see how you get treated by the umps

Castagna wouldn't want to be out too much in Richmond this week...woof

A day on, i still can't believe what happened. I went from thinking the season was over, the old suns are back and we've wasted opportunities to cheering and jumping up and down when Chol kicked that one off the ground. When Anderson was lining up i still didn't think he'd kick it. His goal accuracy has been pretty poor in the past but both him and Rowell stepped up and kicked crucial goals.

Footy can be pretty good sometimes.

A day on, i still can't believe what happened. I went from thinking the season was over, the old suns are back and we've wasted opportunities to cheering and jumping up and down when Chol kicked that one off the ground. When Anderson was lining up i still didn't think he'd kick it. His goal accuracy has been pretty poor in the past but both him and Rowell stepped up and kicked crucial goals.

just the wotifs about dropping those games to Port and Pies
We'd be locked in the 8 right now

Agreed. I was pretty flat at half time and had flashes of previous years in my mind.

Then came that final quarter and I couldn’t believe it. Amazing scenes at the ground. Never had a moment like that at Metricon (maybe Bowes kicking the last goal against Carlton comes close to steal the game, but this was well beyond that). Absolutely unreal.

Hopefully this gives a few players the confidence to go for goal when the opportunity arises. These players believe in the team and coach, but need to back themselves to be the one to lift us and win the game off of their own boot.

We’re really seeing a team grow here. Might still be some bumps this season but it’s been a good ride so far.

just the wotifs about dropping those games to Port and Pies
We'd be locked in the 8 right now
That's true but i think it also shows we have learnt from our mistakes. Richmond are a mature team and we ran over them. The fact we did it without Rankine (who's probably our biggest game-winner atm) makes it even greater.

I thought Atkins showed a bit at the end as well. He provided some run and overlap with pace and footskills which we clearly are trained to play with given how our team structures up. Surely should be starting next week in this role.
I know there's some perception I'm not a fan of the rat.Quite the contrary.I think he should have played more games for us.I think if he and Day or Fiorini play vs Collingwood we win.He's a good ball user and seems fit now compared to when he arrived at the Club.I think when he arrived he genuinely saw it as a sinecure.Now he sees something exciting happening you get the feeling he wants to be part of it.It's not his fault the Club offered him a ridiculous deal that probably saw us lose Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back