Preview Round 3, 2015: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 19 April 2015 @ Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the JOR omission, remember the coaches want players to play their role not a position. While he may have accrued some acceptable stats if he didn't perform key parts of his role (that we aren't privy to) then that could be the reason he's been dropped.

Good to see Whitecross named. Don't think he'll make the team this week though.

My guess for tomorrow evening:
IN: Mitchell, Gibson
OUT: O'Rourke, Frawley

And then an hour or two before the game Sunday:
IN: Hartung
OUT: Hill

OHawk is struggling with fitness and being able to run out games. I think this is the first reason he might struggle to keep his spot.

OHawk is struggling with fitness and being able to run out games. I think this is the first reason he might struggle to keep his spot.
Possibly. He was a running machine in pre season however. And if fitness was a concern surely he'd have started sub last week (with Simpkin to come in and start instead of Sicily).

I reckon it'll be:

IN: Gibson, Whitecross
OUT: Frawley, O'Rourke

Mitch to be left out for another week is my gut feel. Hope this isn't a persistent calf.

Not sure about the mail on Hill, are we really that sure he'll miss?

I thought last week playing McEvoy as a defender and Roughead in the ruck was a brilliant move by the coaching team. It started our comeback and nearly pinched the game.

Maybe we'll see more of that this week as McEvoy is named in defence(I know the team sheet doesn't count for much). I'd expect Schoey to come into the side if it does to play forward.

Whitecross sub for mine.

If it's wet, cold and rainy I would appreciate Sizzle being a late out for Billy. Cyril's looked really fit this year but those hammies don't need to be overworked.
JOR stiff, played a decent game last week, he'll be better for having the taste of seniors though. Don't think Wx will play, but if he does i'll enjoy every minute he's back in the brown and gold, true clubman.
What is with this wet,cold, crap.

In all the years the Hawks have been playing in Launny there have only been a handfull of shocking days weather wise.

I will have you know that Hobart is the 2nd driest Capital City in Oz.

Stop with the Tassie weather bashing. :p

In all the years the Hawks have been playing in Launny there have only been a handfull of shocking days weather wise.

Maybe the game against Gold Coast last year is fresh in people's memory.

In: Mitchell, Gibson, Whitecross/Hartung
Out: O'Rouke, Frawley, Duryea
* Duryea was dropped last week and only returned because of the withdrawal of Gibson. Both Whitecross and Hartung can offer more versatility, and one of these players will be the sub. Gut feeling is that Whitecross will make the final team. Would have also liked to see us persist with O'Rouke a bit longer than one game, obviously a player for the future who is finding his feet in a new team, surely has huge upside.

Watch out for suckling as he was struggling to run freely in the last qtr with that rolled ankle. Btw, I honestly don't know why every single fcukin week the Hawks make us guess!!!!!! Just the truth would do, it's actually getting really frustrating and they are basically lying ... There's absolutely nothing to gain by hiding the injuries, it's not as if any sides lost a game because they didn't know who's playing or not! Essendon knew the night before Sammy wasn't in so I don't get it. It pisses me off big time! Sorry for the rant .....

In: Mitchell, Gibson, Whitecross/Hartung
Out: O'Rouke, Frawley, Duryea
* Duryea was dropped last week and only returned because of the withdrawal of Gibson. Both Whitecross and Hartung can offer more versatility, and one of these players will be the sub. Gut feeling is that Whitecross will make the final team. Would have also liked to see us persist with O'Rouke a bit longer than one game, obviously a player for the future who is finding his feet in a new team, surely has huge upside.
Duryea should be dropped if for nothing but that God awful OOB on the run in the last qtr! Terrible football and needs to go back to the magoos.

If it's wet, cold and rainy I would appreciate Sizzle being a late out for Billy. Cyril's looked really fit this year but those hammies don't need to be overworked.
JOR stiff, played a decent game last week, he'll be better for having the taste of seniors though. Don't think Wx will play, but if he does i'll enjoy every minute he's back in the brown and gold, true clubman.
Random observation.

On the Hawks website JOR is listed at 188cm. Surely he can't even be over 180.

Damn straight, Taz. Forecast suggests 16 for Melbourne on Sunday, with the chance of thunderstorms and hail. 15 for Launceston, sunny with light winds - delightful! Hopefully this is one of the 6 times per year that the BOM gets it right :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random observation.

On the Hawks website JOR is listed at 188cm. Surely he can't even be over 180.
JOR is a bit like Birch with the hunched shoulders. It did look like he was struggling to run out the game a little last week so it may be a fitness thing or managing his workload as they build up his hammies

I think Swiss will play and I hope it's not as Sub, give him a proper run

I really want to see Hartung get an opportunity and take it with both hands.

Hasn't really seemed to be able to figure out how to use his endurance to his advantage like Hill/Smith have.

I am just imagining if Hartung became in essence our third winger, and having Hill Smith and Hartung all torching opponents - we would be unstoppable.

I really want to see Hartung get an opportunity and take it with both hands.

Hasn't really seemed to be able to figure out how to use his endurance to his advantage like Hill/Smith have.

I am just imagining if Hartung became in essence our third winger, and having Hill Smith and Hartung all torching opponents - we would be unstoppable.
As long as their roles didn't have them running into each other.;)

I thought last week playing McEvoy as a defender and Roughead in the ruck was a brilliant move by the coaching team. It started our comeback and nearly pinched the game.

Maybe we'll see more of that this week as McEvoy is named in defence(I know the team sheet doesn't count for much). I'd expect Schoey to come into the side if it does to play forward.

Whitecross sub for mine.

I thought Roughead in the ruck helped us win centre clearances and kept the ball outa defence, I didn't see McEvoy having a big influence on the game. I see his naming in the back pocket more a way to leave flexibility in selections elsewhere - we know we'll take two rucks into the game so naming him on the park somewhere allows us to make a later call on the bench selections.

Once again regarding Roughy in the ruck... If we were to play a team like Essendon in a make or break final, do you think we'd see Roughy in the ruck for long stints? Sunday was a quick reminder of how awesome he can be in there, but I suspect the question of season and career longevity means we'll only see glimpses.

Once again regarding Roughy in the ruck... If we were to play a team like Essendon in a make or break final, do you think we'd see Roughy in the ruck for long stints? Sunday was a quick reminder of how awesome he can be in there, but I suspect the question of season and career longevity means we'll only see glimpses.

Roughy was average, and I'm being kind, before he was put into the ruck. There was really nothing to lose within the context of that game, our rucks were poor and Roughy was providing little up forward. I think it will be rare to see him spend much time as a ruck, though we might see him as a ruck-rover type a bit more frequently.

Watch out for suckling as he was struggling to run freely in the last qtr with that rolled ankle. Btw, I honestly don't know why every single fcukin week the Hawks make us guess!!!!!! Just the truth would do, it's actually getting really frustrating and they are basically lying ... There's absolutely nothing to gain by hiding the injuries, it's not as if any sides lost a game because they didn't know who's playing or not! Essendon knew the night before Sammy wasn't in so I don't get it. It pisses me off big time! Sorry for the rant .....

truth-is-out-there.jpg

It's a complicated mathematical equation that only someone the likes of Sheldon Cooper could decipher, but the ins and outs are formatted in such a way that the final team is obvious to all, if you knew how to unlock the equation...

truth-is-out-there.jpg

It's a complicated mathematical equation that only someone the likes of Sheldon Cooper could decipher, but the ins and outs are formatted in such a way that the final team is obvious to all, if you knew how to unlock the equation...

The key to understanding Hawthorn Team Seleciton is to solve the following logic puzzle:
Blue Eyes:The Hardest Logic Puzzle in the World

A group of people with assorted eye colors live on an island. They are all perfect logicians -- if a conclusion can be logically deduced, they will do it instantly. No one knows the color of their eyes. Every night at midnight, a ferry stops at the island. Any islanders who have figured out the color of their own eyes then leave the island, and the rest stay. Everyone can see everyone else at all times and keeps a count of the number of people they see with each eye color (excluding themselves), but they cannot otherwise communicate. Everyone on the island knows all the rules in this paragraph.

On this island there are 100 blue-eyed people, 100 brown-eyed people, and the Guru (she happens to have green eyes). So any given blue-eyed person can see 100 people with brown eyes and 99 people with blue eyes (and one with green), but that does not tell him his own eye color; as far as he knows the totals could be 101 brown and 99 blue. Or 100 brown, 99 blue, and he could have red eyes.

The Guru is allowed to speak once (let's say at noon), on one day in all their endless years on the island. Standing before the islanders, she says the following:

"I can see someone who has blue eyes."

Who leaves the island, and on what night?

https://xkcd.com/blue_eyes.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back