Game Day Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should really have put 5-7 goals on that quarter, massive lift in intensity. Need to see rewards on the scoreboard though, can't afford to leave so many on the table

Hipwood must be lathering his hands in butter between qtrs, we should be a few goals up at this stage!

That quarter is the blueprint. We might be down a bit of talent this year but work rate and effort should never be questioned. That’s what it will take for this group to go further. Can’t just float by relying on talent every week.

I think our mids are enjoying a more consistent effort in the ruck

Hopefully we get the chance to sub Kai on for one of the rucks to help us finish strong. You’d assume crispo will have an influence when he’s brought on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the scoreboard was not pretty in the first, but I didn’t feel like it reflected the fact that we had just as much opportunity as they did.

Second quarter was the first time I saw real genuine emotion from the boys this season. Our leaders stood up big time. Hipwood and Daniher can’t clunk a mark - but they started competing on the ground. Our backline looked confident in their decision making.

Still another half to go.. but if we keep this up we can potentially kick start our season tonight and build some momentum. We’ve shown we can play premiership footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back