Opinion Round 5 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you remember all the talk in the media from Lyon about tending towards the younger player is there was a 50/50 call? He was mostly talking about McPharlin and where our chances were at determining if Alex Pearce got games ahead of him but perhaps Mzungu is in the same basket regarding deBoer and Suban.

de Boer has a mountain of running under his belt and half a decade.

Poor zung.....did he travel?

Gawd, as ross says. "You'd rather be in the team at the moment than outside it". Really making people 'earn' their spots....how will Blackly ever get into the team :p

From RTB “We have a lot of wings, halfbacks, mid-types but electric small forwards are hard to find,” he said.

Poor zung.....did he travel?

Gawd, as ross says. "You'd rather be in the team at the moment than outside it". Really making people 'earn' their spots....how will Blackly ever get into the team :p

From RTB “We have a lot of wings, halfbacks, mid-types but electric small forwards are hard to find,” he said.

I believe so.
Been reported by beetz that Hayden Crozier didn't board the plane.
24 players flew.

Do you remember all the talk in the media from Lyon about tending towards the younger player is there was a 50/50 call? He was mostly talking about McPharlin and where our chances were at determining if Alex Pearce got games ahead of him but perhaps Mzungu is in the same basket regarding deBoer and Suban.

de Boer has a mountain of running under his belt and half a decade.

No. Source?

Difficult to drop anyone at the moment - players will just have to be patient .... there are always opportunities during the season due to injuries, form loss and suspensions, or they might just have to force their way in through multiple 30+ possession games with multiple goals (plus plenty of defensive acts of course !)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be hard to find that interview I'd imagine but for what it's worth I remember Ross saying exactly that mentioning McPharlin and Pearce. It was more if we were doing terrible though, of which the opposite has happened.

That was mentioned if we were 3-8 at the half way mark; We could probably start to go younger. words to that effect.

Tough on Tendai! He was saying on Tuesday how good it was to be back out there and that he was really hopeful of keeping his place in the side!

That being said, he was last in, so maybe that's part of the thinking? Last in, first out? :-\

I really really feel for Gu but injuries (minor I hope) will impact and Gu, Sheridan and Crozier will get an opportunity to cement a place.

I also expect that Grey, Pearce, Hannath and Duffy will also see a couple of games.

In the meantime, I am going to stress less and just enjoy a rare full squad.

Those players will be sooo hungry when they crack a game.

From Gu's profile :Outlook: One of the best runners in the league, Mzungu has only missed one game in the past three seasons. Underrated outside of Freo, he is important to the team’s structure.
Missed one game past 3 seasons, now he can't get into the team

again, RTB rarely changes a winning team, unless a relative vital cog is returning from injury/suspension. the others have to wait for injury or form loss. no surprise. Walters is the better offensive player than Ballantyne but is vastly inferior defensively

I think this week will be a big test on players personally, to keep their spot in the team and show alot of hunger.

I think the 3 pressuring defensive type mids (Clancee, MDB, Subes) will be under the microscope, with Mzungu coming into the mix. I think its a matter of hunger than anything else.

Also did Mzungu have a poor or interrupted preseason? Might explain a bit if so the case.

Still feel Mzungu should have been inculded as its the MCG. Suppose he got another shot when we play richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back