Shield Round 8: Victoria vs South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I am and I do but others have had chances and not taken them.

He averages 34. A couple of good seasons propping that up but I'm not sure there are others who could do more
They've just dropped a player .... a young player .... who was doing better than Lehmann in the past 2 matches, and who was involved in a game changing partnership with Daniel Drew in the last match. But, his name's not Lehmann.

Put Maxi on the plane to India.
Short already has more runs this match than the entire SA first innings

38 overs left in the day. If Short in particular is there at Stumps we'll be well on top. I still think we need at least another 110-160 to push the lead into that 300-350 range.

Happens to the best of us.
0/8 off 6 to 0/30 off 9 on Saturday.

One game last season I went from 1/15 off 5 to 1/60 off 8

Jason Holder's first spell, 1/9 off 5 overs.
Final figures, 1/104 off 10 overs.
95 off 5 overs including 64 off his last two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, he's only played a couple of games, and batted in a valuable partnership with Drew in the last match. Do you know anything or are you just a mate of Lehmann?

I definitely don't rate him but I think his selection can be justified. Really line ball but I think in the short term to try and keep this momentum up he's probably just ahead of Kelly

Cracking catch to take Short there.

Great first 5 fa for Johnson too. He's bowled well.

Good to see 2 in form players from the BBL transfer it to the long form.

I wonder if they could be in calculations for next Aus Summer, if they can keep this form up. Short has to at least be close to a t20i berth.

Well batted by the honorary South Aussie Matt Short. Happy he’s hit some runs but just a shame it’s against SA.

Johnson 5fa on debut is also a huge positive. Going to be a huge effort to chase it down, seems unlikely.
I'm always amused when you hear all sorts of excuses how tough the wicket is to bat on, and then someone walks out and peels off a cool 100. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back