Shield Round 8: Victoria vs South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitch looks to have gotten better for batting, hard to see SA's brittle line-up getting close though... too many drops costing big.

Looking forward to another great day’s cricket. Wicket does seem easier for the bats.

The 9th wicket stand has been vital. O’Neill is fun to watch. Short rightly getting the plaudits but the Mad Dog has also had a great game.

O’Neill. He’s a classic feisty player that you want in the trenches with you.

O’Neill reminds me of John Grant, a long ago highly competitive stalwart of Victorian cricket. Grant was a shorty quick who bowled at a lively pace and moved the ball about. He was also great fun to watch as a tailender .

87 overs left in the day is pretty much the ideal amount of time left. Means we get two genuine cracks with the second new ball if we get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carder as expected, but Hunt is having a terrible season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a good idea it was for the Redbacks to weaken the batting and go for an extra bowler.
It was the right call, just dropped the wrong bat. McAndrew and Manenti are good enough bats for 6/7 if needed.

Lehmann must be exhausted after yet another marathon innings. I hope he paid to get into the ground like all the other spectators.

I just don't get why he keeps getting a game. It's purely on his name. So many years in the team without really showing much and averages mid 30's.

Doesn't bowl and only okay in the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back