Review Round 9, 2023 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Lord did some good things, but needs to contest more high balls when they’re not kicked to his advantage. Conceding a few too many high marks to opponents at this stage but looking more durable and had a good last few minutes which augurs well for his fitness.

Got moved out of position too often. Get Tredders to teach him body on body as the ball is coming in. The raw materials are there.

A couple of times he had the ball yet experienced players (looking at you Wines) wanted the give off. FFS let him enjoy his hard earned.

Burger Man outstanding. Bit of a worry he won't commit yet but his price is skyrocketing. Meady you little beauty.

There's something about Dyls, a meat n potatoes footballer who's got a swagger. Really happy for the lad.

John Butcher forever in our hearts
Better hugs than Boundary Daddy could ever give.🫂

0jQf8ku.png

Well if I dish it out, I suppose I have to take it...

Well done on winning your grand final, even if you did need a bit of umpire assistance to get it. Don't listen to what everyone is saying either, JHF just had an off day and I'm sure he'll be back in some good form soon. Far too early for the naysayers to say whether you drastically overpaid for him yet.
How's your ass after mummas boy slammed it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got moved out of position too often. Get Tredders to teach him body on body as the ball is coming in. The raw materials are there.

A couple of times he had the ball yet experienced players (looking at you Wines) wanted the give off. FFS let him enjoy his hard earned.

Burger Man outstanding. Bit of a worry he won't commit yet but his price is skyrocketing. Meady you little beauty.

There's something about Dyls, a meat n potatoes footballer who's got a swagger. Really happy for the lad.
Just think Williams is a natural 'footballer' very good footy brain. A real find and has great kicking skills and reads the play. Think he is a beauty.

If Lycett has a reasonable game tomorrow and he stays fit he has to come in. Lycett is not the complete answer but he is better than what we have. A 35 year old finished with 55 hit outs today and brushed Teakle aside with ease. if Goldstein can get 55 hit outs against Teakle I shudder to think what Max Gawn will do.

Dylan Williams turning into what I thought Joel Garner was gonna be. Looks like he is going to be a ten year player.

Well if I dish it out, I suppose I have to take it...

Well done on winning your grand final, even if you did need a bit of umpire assistance to get it. Don't listen to what everyone is saying either, JHF just had an off day and I'm sure he'll be back in some good form soon. Far too early for the naysayers to say whether you drastically overpaid for him yet.
Crying yourself to sleep tonight? 🤣
Our teams have similar list profiles and only your team is absolute poo.
Some shocking trading ( Polly and Pittard for example) and abysmal drafting considering the high picks you have had while we have done it being a mid ladder team. As for your attraction and retention…. well …

Not a bad result considering our forward line is being held together by sticky tape.

At the start of the season Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades would have been ranked top 3 on our tall forward depth chart, with Rioli and Fantasia the top 2 small forwards.

None of them (effectively) played today and we still put up 135, albeit against an appallingly bad North Melbourne team. Thank Christ we recruited Finlayson.

Some very good performances today, but most eye catching were Bergman and Butters. For a player of his size - well any size really - Butters is simply awesome and should be leading the B&F.

Bergman was phenomenal off half back, and shows a lot of elite attributes. There was this one amazing passage where a North player got away from him on the boundary and he chased back at lightning speed to catch someone else and get him holding the ball. Then his intercept marking and accurate penetrating kicks really opened up the play for us a number of times. Must keep.

Good win considering some of our players missing.
Butters, Rozee, Bergman and Finlayson probably our best.
Wines was good after half time.

I hope lycett or Visentini step up tomorrow, surely we can’t keep going with Teakle.

Been critical of Jonas this year but that was a good game. That’s the intensity you want to see from him. I think somebody needs to come in to support Teakle. The bloke try’s but he’s just putrid. Midfield of Oliver, Petracca and Viney will absolutely destroy us next week.
Yeah Jonas had half a dozen touches and kicked a goal.
Proaly his best game for 3 years, but still in our bottom 4 players today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back