Ryan Crowley tests positive to banned substance (Opposition supporters tread carefully)

Remove this Banner Ad

The damage done to young lives by the West Coasts inaction in the pursuit of a flag surpasses Essendons failed, laughable attempt at cheating.

It's still early day's re essendopes saga, time will tell but both are disgusting.

I think you're down playing what happened at WC to make your point. It wasn't just damage to young lives, they also knowingly and blatantly cheated and reaped the benefits of a flag for it! We're now seeing what we've all known from the start that ice improves performance - greatly!

Agree that Essendon did take it to another level though and they admitted as much. They were motivated by what WC were getting away with and sort to find a way that they could compete.

How are we seeing that? I'm seeing it destroy a few lives around me.

I think you're down playing what happened at WC to make your point. It wasn't just damage to young lives, they also knowingly and blatantly cheated and reaped the benefits of a flag for it! We're now seeing what we've all known from the start that ice improves performance - greatly!

Agree that Essendon did take it to another level though and they admitted as much. They were motivated by what WC were getting away with and sort to find a way that they could compete.

Wait, I am confused. Isn't Salim playing down Essendon's drug scandal not WC's?

The damage done to young lives by the West Coasts inaction in the pursuit of a flag surpasses Essendons failed, laughable attempt at cheating.
Let's hope it stays that way, salim. Nobody really knows what sort of a time bomb has been activated by the cocktail they were injecting Essendon players with.

The way I see it Crowley was and is stupid in regards to his decision making. He's far from a rookie.

As far as west coast goes Cousins/Kerr/Fletcher etc are the gift that keeps on giving.

Essendon saga is just tiresome... much like those two twits in Indonesia waiting to be shot. It just keeps dragging on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how random it is, but I've seen ASADA at a few games before. Last time was GWS vs Sydney in round 1 last year. Maybe they suspect something is up with GWS?

Heard yesterday that Ryan has some scaly mates and was visiting one of them whilst his back was sore and got a tablet or two off his mate. Was tested 5 weeks later and was positive. Yikes!

Interesting you bring up his scaly mates given Caro mentioned in an article today that Crowley has been cautioned about the company he was hanging around with. I know she's a gossip columnist, but there's usually some element of truth to it, and WA journos are generally either too gutless or too incompetent to publish that stuff themselves.

Makes you wonder if the scaliest of his mates were of the Cousins/Gardiner underworld ilk or something a little tamer.

Interesting you bring up his scaly mates given Caro mentioned in an article today that Crowley has been cautioned about the company he was hanging around with. I know she's a gossip columnist, but there's usually some element of truth to it, and WA journos are generally either too gutless or too incompetent to publish that stuff themselves.

Makes you wonder if the scaliest of his mates were of the Cousins/Gardiner underworld ilk or something a little tamer.

I believe the term 'colourful' has been used in connection with them. Usually a pseudonym for people of nefarious character.

The biggest scandal to come out of the Essendon saga will be in 20 years time when their father/sons will be drafted with 4 arms and 3 eyes.
Nope the biggest scandal will come when everyone realizes that the AFL's bid not to harm a victorian club (IMHO Essendon needed to miss a season as a club for pursing a drug policy) has just lead to others thinking that you only ever get a slapped wrist. So the risk was considered worth a premiership and another club is going through the process Essendon is now or there is a retired player's confession covering the headlines.

Also heard on the 6PR that the AFL's three strikes policy is a farce. After two strikes players are referred to a psyc and all future test results go to the psyc not to the AFL and so you, in effect, never can receive a third strike. It just disgusts me.

So maybe if we were tougher we would experience some short term pain, scrub a top class player drop a team for a season but I really don't want to see what is happening to baseball, wrestling or cycling. Sports where they have been "stamping out drugs" since the 80's and the only thing people remember about them is that they are druggie sports and lycra is a crime of universal significance. ;)

Sorry pushed my own button.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back