Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sactown have been rebuilding for longer than Philly

lesigh

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure we all here were unaware of that. Cheers!

jimmer-dance-2-o.gif

Great game today from Willie. The team plays 2 good games then 5 bad ones. I'm still not sure where to from here. I am thinking clear the decks still.

Great game today from Willie. The team plays 2 good games then 5 bad ones. I'm still not sure where to from here. I am thinking clear the decks still.

They should persist with Seth Curry. He's shown some potential and might be worth keeping.

WCS will form an excellent combo down-low alongside Cousins. We saw glimpses when we won those 5 games straight.

McLemore, Gay, Belinelli, Koufos, Butler, Anderson will all be gone.

Not doubt the Kings will be targeting a shooting guard in this years draft.

I know some may not agree but I hope they can convince Rondo to stay.

As I sat at work today I was just running s**t trades through my head.
We have so much deadwood to move, how can it be done. Veteran pieces for good teams sure but they're on good money, you wouldn't get much back.

Would love Buddy Hield but he'll be before our pick most likely.

Move Rondo, Gay, Koufos, Bellinelli, Anderson for whatever you can.

I'd trade Cousins for Butler, Mirotic and knives but that's just me.

Do we even have a second round pick? Get a scrappy defensive wing with athleticism.

Trade cuz to boston for smart & or bradley + picks. Hopefully use our higher pick on Hield then just select the best available.

or my more favoured trade

Cuz to magic for Oladipo, Vuc and Hezonja but i cant see that happening

DO NOT RESIGN RONDO

only untouchables are Willie and possibly at a stretch Casspi (love him)

Only 7 weeks till I'm in sacramento for 2 months. Pity the basketball will be finished. Good to be there in summer but terrible timing if your liking sports. Especially since the nba finals are finishing when I arrive. Will go to a few SF Giants games and also minor league games watching Sacramento River Cats.

Thinking about going to Sleep Train Arena now draft night (23rd June) as they have a draft party and watch it on the scoreboard live. Should be fun and good to see the reaction of fans live. In-laws have season tickets and are die hard fans.

So since there is only a few of us on here continually talking (although as disappointment set in, things get quieter) has anyone got any requests on anything they may like if I happen to find some good stuff over there.

Throw some suggestions out there (with-in reason) and I will see what I can do!

What a shambles again!!!

I might apply for head coach while I'm there. Only there for 2 months, longer than some coaches have served!!

Would love Hield.
Proven agressive and consistent shooter and scorer.
Everything McLemore isn't.

More importantly though, keep the pick.

Gut the roster of soulless vets, Koufos, Bellinelli, Gay, even Rondo and maybe even Collison.
In isolation there is a lot of value there so if a couple of young pieces came our way I'd take it and run.

In my 7 years of following NBA, only two teams haven't made the playoffs, the Wolves and Kings. Would love to see the Kings back in the playoffs. Shame I missed that dominant early 2000s era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That dominant early 2000's era was awesome. Went to many games and used to enjoy watching the bench just as much as the starting 5.

Bobby Jackson, Scot Pollard, Jon Barry, Hedo Turkolu, Lawrence Funderburke, were just as fun to watch as Webber, Vlade, Peja, Christie and j-Will/Bibby!!!

Still don't know after so many years how we didn't hang onto game 7 against the lakers in the Western Conference Finals. Only just brought myself to watch the replay a few weeks back and still thought we were going to win it.

Would love Hield.
Proven agressive and consistent shooter and scorer.
Everything McLemore isn't.

More importantly though, keep the pick.

Gut the roster of soulless vets, Koufos, Bellinelli, Gay, even Rondo and maybe even Collison.
In isolation there is a lot of value there so if a couple of young pieces came our way I'd take it and run.

Jrue and Ryno for McLemore and your 1st?

Everyone's thoughts on the new logo? Or Logo's?

Sometimes I feel like Vivek takes his eye off the ball with the on-court stuff in order to change the off-court things.

If the team is winning, who cares about the logo?

Everyone's thoughts on the new logo? Or Logo's?

Sometimes I feel like Vivek takes his eye off the ball with the on-court stuff in order to change the off-court things.

If the team is winning, who cares about the logo?
A logo change couldn't have come at a better time with the new arena, coach and most likely playing group.
It looks fantastic, the uniform leak in particular looks brilliant.
You wouldn't mind the changes had we made the playoffs?

Just got tickets this morning for Team USA vs China at Oracle Arena on the 26th July. 4 tickets at $125 each, get you upper level seats 10 rows back. Wasn't too bad considering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back