Oppo Camp Season 2014 General AFL Discussion - Sydney Posters Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My favourite Swans Facebook post from this evening:

I Went to the game today, sad ! Yes but they'll get better. BUT the Citibank $1000 prize at half time was RIGGED, the girl they chose was half behind another person but she knew somehow it was her and they handed her her prize within 1 MINUTE OF BEGINNING IDENTIFIED ON THE TV SCREEN, how is that possible, how did they know where the RANDOM PERSON WAS TO BE.??? So they could have the prize ready, SHAME CITIBANK, and sad that the Swans are associated with them

Lots of one sided results this round.

Names on the back of jumpers, do we like them? Dislike them? Not sure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind it as I don't watch as many neutral games as I used to so it's good for identifying the newer players.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

White was pick 79.

Yes, can hardly get a lower pick than that.

Bruce and I obviously have the same take on what constitutes a 'high' draft pick and a 'low' draft pick, you have the opposite view.

Rohan and McVeigh went 'high' in the draft, so to my way of thinking, they are high draft picks. Jesse went very late, or 'low', in the draft, so by definition is a 'low' draft pick, as Bruce said.

Yes, can hardly get a lower pick than that.

Bruce and I obviously have the same take on what constitutes a 'high' draft pick and a 'low' draft pick, you have the opposite view.

Rohan and McVeigh went 'high' in the draft, so to my way of thinking, they are high draft picks. Jesse went very late, or 'low', in the draft, so by definition is a 'low' draft pick, as Bruce said.

Ah geez im a idiot i completely misread what what you and Bruce was saying apologies.

I was going by the method of low draft pick = top 10
High draft pick = 40 +

I'm a big fan of the names on jumpers. While I watch pretty much every game shown on FTA I have the memory of a goldfish and can barely remember the names of people I meet in my day-to-day life, let alone the 374 players from other teams (and that only counts their best 22).

Ah geez im a idiot i completely misread what what you and Bruce was saying apologies.

I was going by the method of low draft pick = top 10
High draft pick = 40 +

No need to apologise, there's no doubt it is open to interpretation. I guess if they went with an 'early' pick or 'late' pick, it would remove the confusion...

I don't mind the look of names on the back from what I've seen so far (love that LRT has gone with....LRT:D) but to judge I would like to see them in action in a game before judging. I have a feeling that it will be good on TV but bad at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back