Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 8 - Fighting Furies v Gumbies FFC @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're looking for belly scratches, try beez. He should be in a pretty good mood this week.
Knowing beez , probably not. He'll be probably stressing about everything that can go wrong.

lIf you're looking for belly scratches, try beez. He should be in a pretty good mood this week.
growling black and white GIF

Ok, couldn't see a *en thing in standing room, so like a gentleman I adjourned to the Bullring at 1QT to spend the game in the bar. Fantastic game!

Now, being in the best-run state in the country, it turns out the trains have been cancelled and replacement buses organised for "planned works" that were not advertised beforehand. Makes sense. There was only close to 100k people wanting to get home, a decent chunk of which who live in the largest population corridor in what is now the biggest city in the nation, and were planning on using public transport 👏

Ok, couldn't see a *en thing in standing room, so like a gentleman I adjourned to the Bullring at 1QT to spend the game in the bar. Fantastic game!

Now, being in the best-run state in the country, it turns out the trains have been cancelled and replacement buses organised for "planned works" that were not advertised beforehand. Makes sense. There was only close to 100k people wanting to get home, a decent chunk of which who live in the largest population corridor in what is now the biggest city in the nation, and were planning on using public transport 👏
TransPerth over here can be equally dopey during major Optus Stadium events. Australia can invent wifi, polymer banknotes and revolutionary spray on skin yet forget it if you want surge train timetabling.

TransPerth over here can be equally dopey during major Optus Stadium events. Australia can invent wifi, polymer banknotes and revolutionary spray on skin yet forget it if you want surge train timetabling.

A part of me wants to see that happen for the WWE event in February next year...a whole bunch of wrestling nerds melting down at once...

Disclosure: I did go to the WWE event at the MCG that time. It was fun, but some of the units getting around there...need a stronger word than "nerd".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game.
I thought we were a bit unlucky.
Enjoy the ride beez
Mrs Goose is happy I'm not spending a couple grand heading down a few days before we head to the US
Where in the US you going? Unless this is marathon related in which case I am no longer interested.

Last edited:
Great final, will be going for beez unlike in 2018 (whoever won that year).

Isaac Quaynor is a god also.

Don’t get me started about Transperth and Thursday night football

Knowing beez , probably not. He'll be probably stressing about everything that can go wrong.
Mate. Week ruined.

If Carlton win tonight: I can't even contemplate playing Carlton in a grand final let alone losing to them. And I'm not even old enough to remember the horrors of the late '70s and early '80s.
If Brisbane win tonight: I was fortunate enough to go to the grand final in both '02 and '03. I still have Voss' bump on Burns leading to a Black goal in '02 and Rhyce Shaw fumbling leading to Lynch goaling in '03 indelibly planted in my mind.

I think I'd rather get traded to the Bombers than suffer through this forthcoming week.

One of the greatest things in Melbourne is to be stuck on a platform at Jolimont or Richmond for 30mins after you've won a game.

A part of me wants to see that happen for the WWE event in February next year...a whole bunch of wrestling nerds melting down at once...

Disclosure: I did go to the WWE event at the MCG that time. It was fun, but some of the units getting around there...need a stronger word than "nerd".
Trust me it takes a lot less than a train delay for that happen.

DemonJim would have been seething at this if he were there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back