Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Melbourne
Friday 4 November
7:10pm AEDT/6:40pm ACDT
Ikon Park

Melbourne - we meet again!

Melbourne destroyed West Coast last week while we scraped over the line against St Kilda.

Melbourne will be the rightful favourites for this game, but will the game effectively being played on a neutral venue in Ikon Park, can we edge out an advantage there?

Useless fact: This will be the 4th meeting against Melbourne this year at 4 different venues (Coopers Stadium, Adelaide Oval, ACH Group Stadium and Ikon Park)

Last edited:

Comes down to the midfield battle.

I feel Melbourne shocked us earlier this year with their gameplan.

We'll sure have adapted and have an answer.

Question becomes, will our midfield have the composure to hit a target entering 50.

Question becomes, will our midfield have the composure to hit a target entering 50.

I'm not convinced it's a gameplan thing. We've been fumbly and two-touchy all season long. If we do that, Melbourne's pressure and class will be too much for us.

If we can get back to being clean with the ball at ground level, and taking marks cleanly in the hands, we're a chance.

Is Randall fit?

Interesting commentating from the start of the Melbourne Round 10 match, Abbey Holmes I think mentioned the changed role of Karen Paxman. At Centre Bounce stoppages she starts as the high half forward to drift into a wing and plays as an outside midfielder. This forces a wing to Half back creating Melbourne's spare in defence.

Will this impact us this weekend and possibly leaving us with a spare in defence, other teams bring their spare at the contest.

Unclear yet. They said "3-5 week injury" two weeks ago, so on the borderline of that initial assessment. It being a Friday match probably doesn't help. One of the players (Kelly, I think?) recently did an interview where she said Randall was doing very well though.
I suspect it’s too risky bringing her back early, and possibly aggravating further her ankle injury. My hunch is she’ll return for next week as the more likely scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed? I haven't seen a team list yet.

If so, glad to see Prowse kept her spot!
I think it’s actually confirmed. But might be one of those “she pulled out sore in the warm ups” card.

I still think it’s a 50/50 with Randall. She might be “fit” to play but the fact she hasn’t been doing much running means she’s unlikely to play for the entire match, if in. A risk worth taking I suppose, but only if she pulls up fine after the game.

Either way, Dees look a clear better side regarding recent form and gonna be a tough ask to win it tomorrow.

If she's fully fit, play her in defence on Harris

If not, play her in the forward line

Either way, I dont think it's worth the risk putting her in the middle.

If she's fully fit, play her in defence on Harris

If not, play her in the forward line

Either way, I dont think it's worth the risk putting her in the middle.

Agreed. Straight down back for mine. We can switch her around if needed but I'd start her there and ideally keep her there.

We won a flag last season based on an exceptional backline. Biddell is still in excellent form and Allan is not far off. Lock Randall in back there and attack from defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back