September - Win Money In Here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Petits Filous $2.30 with TAB, Terravista staying home.

3YO filly in her first prep going to G1 WFA - Does she win and what price is value? Fontiton looks massive unders to me, I had a small piece of Ball Of Muscle @ 13's EW.

Based on what he has been doing she is certainly good enough to be winning this race but she doesn't have that much of a edge at this point in time to justify the current price.

Think there is a fair bit of hype factored into the price.

Agree regarding Fontiton but more from a coming back from injury point of view, haven't looked at any of her jump outs so not sure how she is traveling.

Havent looked at the race in great depth as yet.

Agree regarding Fontiton but more from a coming back from injury point of view, haven't looked at any of her jump outs so not sure how she is traveling.
Your figures suggest she is good enough? I thought she might've just been the best of an even bunch as a 2YO. Scope wise I thought she might struggle to train on as well, but market says differently.

Your figures suggest she is good enough? I thought she might've just been the best of an even bunch as a 2YO. Scope wise I thought she might struggle to train on as well, but market says differently.

With me she currently rates as G2-G3 horse in open company with potential to be genuine G1, in fact I think she will end up genuine G1 but not sure she is there yet, if Chatauqua and or Lankan Rupee was here then I would give her none but given this is shaping as a fairly weak G1 I think she is certainly one of the main chances.

I just don't think she has reached a level as yet that justifies her price, she is capable of reaching a new peak here which would see her winning the race but she might also plateau which puts her level with a lot of horses here, as I said I think she is being priced on potential and for that reason I personally couldn't take the price.

You mentioned Ball of Muscle, he is nothing special and lacks a turn of foot but he is a genuine G2-G3 horse so I don't have much between them on current form and he is $10, having said that I'm not sure I want to back anything to beat her given she does have the upside.

Buffering the obvious class but back from injury and long in the tooth.

Only 3yo I would confidently back to beat the older horses at this stage is Exosphere.

Still disappointed he didn't go the Gunieas path, I suspect he trots in the Prelude last Saturday.

I was just looking at a list of trainers as a mate asked me for my favourite and least favourite trainers.

Kav is and always has been one of my least favourites. But he is becoming a bit harder to despise at the moment because I just don't see him.

Decided to have a look at his stable, and * me - has he hit financial trouble ?

Long gone are the days of Divine Madonna, Devil Moon, Whobegotyou, Maldivian and Atlantic Jewel. True champions of the sport.

His best horse now? Magicool. A decent 4 yo. Chivalry is OK as well, but Jesus where have all his good horses gone?

#30 on Wallers list would be #1 on Kavanaghs.

Is he just not investing with the current investigation ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petits Filous is an extremely good horse.
Let's not get carried away bombers.

I know you own half the Reserve Bank after last weekend, but calling her a good horse I think is going too far...

Leading headline on HS

"Shades of Caviar as Petits Filous ups ante"

hahah

I was just looking at a list of trainers as a mate asked me for my favourite and least favourite trainers.

Kav is and always has been one of my least favourites. But he is becoming a bit harder to despise at the moment because I just don't see him.

Decided to have a look at his stable, and **** me - has he hit financial trouble ?

Long gone are the days of Divine Madonna, Devil Moon, Whobegotyou, Maldivian and Atlantic Jewel. True champions of the sport.

His best horse now? Magicool. A decent 4 yo. Chivalry is OK as well, but Jesus where have all his good horses gone?

#30 on Wallers list would be #1 on Kavanaghs.

Is he just not investing with the current investigation ?

Kav may have a good one in Iron Boss - won very nicely at Geelong on the weekend and looks a good Derby hope.

Petits Filous is an extremely good horse.
Let's not get carried away bombers.

I know you own half the Reserve Bank after last weekend, but calling her a good horse I think is going too far...

Leading headline on HS

"Shades of Caviar as Petits Filous ups ante"

hahah

No doubt he has got a few with upside thrown in but it's a far cry from the types he used to have.

No doubt the cobalt controversy has affected his business.

He has a reputation for being prickly but I had a horse with him a couple of years ago and found him to be very generous with his time and informative (and I wasn't a big time owner by any stretch). Was very nice to my kids as well. Just has an unfortunate manner with the press it seems.

What boxes does she tick for you? hasn't won a race in 2 years

To me she represents the best value. She's a classy mare and watching her races this prep I think she's nearly back to her best. 4th up and ready to peak fitness wise. Blake Shinn on is a positive. Barrier doesn't bother as she will just get back and with good tempo which I anticipate, she'll be finishing off hard. Really happy that Shinn is on board

To me she represents the best value. She's a classy mare and watching her races this prep I think she's nearly back to her best. 4th up and ready to peak fitness wise. Blake Shinn on is a positive. Barrier doesn't bother as she will just get back and with good tempo which I anticipate, she'll be finishing off hard. Really happy that Shinn is on board

Agree that she is easily backable here despite the poor recent win rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back