SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to SEN a few weeks ago, and I recall Finey mentioned there was an online link whereby players and coaches can advertise their services / asking rate to prospective footy clubs.

Does anyone know of this site, or more specifically, the link?

Cheers.

I was listening to SEN a few weeks ago, and I recall Finey mentioned there was an online link whereby players and coaches can advertise their services / asking rate to prospective footy clubs.

Cheers.

I'm not sure that this is the website that Finey was talking about, but I know of such a website (or similar) through a contact at my work. Link below

http://www.footymoves.com.au

Cheers.

Might be this one www.footyrecruits.com

Looks like a few savvy business people have found a way to make a $ from these football mercenaries who jump from club to club each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While preparations continue for 2012, I predict that in the middle/latter part of next year money will become a very important factor for all players and clubs. The financial tsunami that is quickly approaching is going to be something our generation has never experienced, and it will last for at least five years if not longer. Pay off your debts as quick as you can (if you have them). If you have the cash sit back and watch all of the cheap property that comes onto the market and you can pick and choose what you want. You heard it here first.

While preparations continue for 2012, I predict that in the middle/latter part of next year money will become a very important factor for all players and clubs. The financial tsunami that is quickly approaching is going to be something our generation has never experienced, and it will last for at least five years if not longer. Pay off your debts as quick as you can (if you have them). If you have the cash sit back and watch all of the cheap property that comes onto the market and you can pick and choose what you want. You heard it here first.

Thanks Jamster, I actually jump on BigFooty to try & escape these kinds of outside pressures

Long time reader, first time poster. Always pretty quiet here on this thread, so what’s happening down at your club? All clubs would have started pre-season no doubt, it seems to get earlier every year. Any big signings confirmed at your club? The off season rumours have been a plenty, but it still is only December. But with the 2012 fixture recently released, every club will be already planning their assault on next year.
So I’m going to stick my fat neck out with my first post & predict how things are going to play out at the end of the home & away season. So here’s my ladder, with some reasoning behind it

1. Tooronga Malvern – Going the obvious choice here, the combine were demoted from
Division 1 & with new coach Matt Carroll, he’ll no doubt call on some mates from premiership winning team Strathmore to help him out. Will be a force to be reckoned with in 2012

2. Oakleigh Districts – Another team, another new coaching appointment. Favourite son Steve Wright has already rumoured to have signed the well travelled Arvanitis & Clayton “favourites” Issacs & Salibia, which has club stalwart Shayne Sheedy “quietly confident” with more to come? Who knows, but with this alone, I’m putting them top 2.

3. Bentleigh – Surprised a few last year in their first year back in the SFL, to make finals & upset highly fancied Springvale Districts in the Prelim. A very young fast team, but will need to recruit some big talls if they are to go the next step, in my opinion. If not, they may struggle to make a 2nd Grand Final in consecutive years. Will be hard to beat most games & be a finals contender nonetheless. Have them finishing around 3rd or 4th.

4. Springvale Districts – Were penciled in at the start of 2011 not to be still in this division & head straight back to Div 1. But with a poor finals campaign, what would that do for morale? An aging team that’s paid good $$$ will only be another year older, can they hold onto their list? I’m thinking not, & maybe on the slide, but not entirely writing them off at this stage. Finals participants for sure, as on paper they could be a top 2 side.

5. Skye – Every year there’s a “smokey” & Skye is mine for 2012. Had an up & down season in 2011, beating Highett one week & losing to bottom team Caulfield the next. But this is a team that will keep gathering momentum every year. Located in a high growth area, the boys from Carrum Downs have a whole district to select from & with most of 2 colts teams coming through next year, it will be a shot in the arm for the club. Bookmark this in to sneak into the finals

6. Murrumbeena – Are always a team that are “there abouts”. Started off like a house on fire last year but fell away in the 2nd half of the year, due to injuries. Some good recruits came on board in 2011, but will need to bolster the list & have a better second half of the season than in previous years to guarantee them playing finals. Have a lot of Colts coming through the system but not until 2013. Unlucky though not be in this top 5.

7. Hampton – Struggled to gather momentum in 2011, after getting promoted from Div 3, due to injuries in the latter part of the season. But they will be full of confidence at the start of 2012 with the appointment of their new coach - ex Scoresby assistant Dean Andrew. They would see themselves maybe higher than 7th, but I’m not so sure. Will have to fork out a lot of coin for the new coach to bring some mates from the EFL, whether it can be achieved remains to be seen.

8. South Yarra – Their fans will not be impressed seeing their club put down this low, but they’re already off to a bad start through no fault of their own. Most know they appointed Tooronga Malvern’s old coach who committed back in October, but then decided to take Keysborough up on their offer. Lots of bad blood there with financial investment deals going sour where he was involved to boot. Plenty at Fritsch Holzer Park will say there’s lots of leaders within who can step up for now, but they need a coach and most have well & truly signed elsewhere by now.

9. Black Rock – Have dodged the demotion bullet to Div 3 for the past 2 years & may well do it again. Picked up some handy recruits from St Pauls in 2011 in the Dewar brothers & Joey Krieger, but my mail is he’s off to the Peninsula where the surf is better than Black Rock’s. They certainly do it tough at McDonald Reserve, having never been allowed to train on the ground until late March, poor surface & lighting. Although they do have some blue chip sponsors who keep backing them year in year out, so they can afford/need to chase more recruits. I can’t see them challenging for finals though.

10. Southern Dragons – Have come a long way in a short amount of time which is mainly due to club pioneer Jamie Pi. As we know they won the Div 3 Grand Final as well as the TAC $30,000 “Blood Oath” Competition, so it will put them in good stead for the future. A lightning quick outfit who have done their communities proud last year with on field & off field success. With “The Machine” up forward & Jason Yap in the middle who knows where they’ll finish. But I’m thinking they’re going to need a lot of luck to stay in Div 2.

Long time reader, first time poster. Always pretty quiet here on this thread, so what’s happening down at your club? All clubs would have started pre-season no doubt, it seems to get earlier every year. Any big signings confirmed at your club? The off season rumours have been a plenty, but it still is only December. But with the 2012 fixture recently released, every club will be already planning their assault on next year.
So I’m going to stick my fat neck out with my first post & predict how things are going to play out at the end of the home & away season. So here’s my ladder, with some reasoning behind it

1. Tooronga Malvern – Going the obvious choice here, the combine were demoted from
Division 1 & with new coach Matt Carroll, he’ll no doubt call on some mates from premiership winning team Strathmore to help him out. Will be a force to be reckoned with in 2012

2. Oakleigh Districts – Another team, another new coaching appointment. Favourite son Steve Wright has already rumoured to have signed the well travelled Arvanitis & Clayton “favourites” Issacs & Salibia, which has club stalwart Shayne Sheedy “quietly confident” with more to come? Who knows, but with this alone, I’m putting them top 2.

3. Bentleigh – Surprised a few last year in their first year back in the SFL, to make finals & upset highly fancied Springvale Districts in the Prelim. A very young fast team, but will need to recruit some big talls if they are to go the next step, in my opinion. If not, they may struggle to make a 2nd Grand Final in consecutive years. Will be hard to beat most games & be a finals contender nonetheless. Have them finishing around 3rd or 4th.

4. Springvale Districts – Were penciled in at the start of 2011 not to be still in this division & head straight back to Div 1. But with a poor finals campaign, what would that do for morale? An aging team that’s paid good $$$ will only be another year older, can they hold onto their list? I’m thinking not, & maybe on the slide, but not entirely writing them off at this stage. Finals participants for sure, as on paper they could be a top 2 side.

5. Skye – Every year there’s a “smokey” & Skye is mine for 2012. Had an up & down season in 2011, beating Highett one week & losing to bottom team Caulfield the next. But this is a team that will keep gathering momentum every year. Located in a high growth area, the boys from Carrum Downs have a whole district to select from & with most of 2 colts teams coming through next year, it will be a shot in the arm for the club. Bookmark this in to sneak into the finals

6. Murrumbeena – Are always a team that are “there abouts”. Started off like a house on fire last year but fell away in the 2nd half of the year, due to injuries. Some good recruits came on board in 2011, but will need to bolster the list & have a better second half of the season than in previous years to guarantee them playing finals. Have a lot of Colts coming through the system but not until 2013. Unlucky though not be in this top 5.

7. Hampton – Struggled to gather momentum in 2011, after getting promoted from Div 3, due to injuries in the latter part of the season. But they will be full of confidence at the start of 2012 with the appointment of their new coach - ex Scoresby assistant Dean Andrew. They would see themselves maybe higher than 7th, but I’m not so sure. Will have to fork out a lot of coin for the new coach to bring some mates from the EFL, whether it can be achieved remains to be seen.

8. South Yarra – Their fans will not be impressed seeing their club put down this low, but they’re already off to a bad start through no fault of their own. Most know they appointed Tooronga Malvern’s old coach who committed back in October, but then decided to take Keysborough up on their offer. Lots of bad blood there with financial investment deals going sour where he was involved to boot. Plenty at Fritsch Holzer Park will say there’s lots of leaders within who can step up for now, but they need a coach and most have well & truly signed elsewhere by now.

9. Black Rock – Have dodged the demotion bullet to Div 3 for the past 2 years & may well do it again. Picked up some handy recruits from St Pauls in 2011 in the Dewar brothers & Joey Krieger, but my mail is he’s off to the Peninsula where the surf is better than Black Rock’s. They certainly do it tough at McDonald Reserve, having never been allowed to train on the ground until late March, poor surface & lighting. Although they do have some blue chip sponsors who keep backing them year in year out, so they can afford/need to chase more recruits. I can’t see them challenging for finals though.

10. Southern Dragons – Have come a long way in a short amount of time which is mainly due to club pioneer Jamie Pi. As we know they won the Div 3 Grand Final as well as the TAC $30,000 “Blood Oath” Competition, so it will put them in good stead for the future. A lightning quick outfit who have done their communities proud last year with on field & off field success. With “The Machine” up forward & Jason Yap in the middle who knows where they’ll finish. But I’m thinking they’re going to need a lot of luck to stay in Div 2.

Well done great post

2 players went to clayton and there was some apparent retirings after this season but I'm not sure which one's are definite or which one's aren't

prospect coach has some players to come with him if he comes so I hope he does

and if timmy ras can play half the year we should be at least where we were this year which was 6th and a game out of the finals with 4 changes every week in the 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back