SFNL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard Frankston are looking at going to mpnl but can definitely tell you Hampton park are not going to out east most of the clubs like Narre Cranbourne beacy Pakenham and Doveton are all looking to get out Of it into other leagues like the mpnl
Narre and Beacy should follow Berwick. Cranny hopefully get their wish to join the MPNFL granted. Doveton is the tough one. Div 2 SFL looks about right if MPNFL won’t take them. Berwick springs to Div 3 SFL. They should have started in the SFL in the first place.
Paky and Officer should stay in outer east and they should start up another side in paky to water down their strength.
Clyde another suburb that will have a team sooner rather than later.
I wish AFL vic would tidy up the league boundaries out in the south east. It’s a mess.

Narre and Beacy should follow Berwick. Cranny hopefully get their wish to join the MPNFL granted. Doveton is the tough one. Div 2 SFL looks about right if MPNFL won’t take them. Berwick springs to Div 3 SFL. They should have started in the SFL in the first place.
Paky and Officer should stay in outer east and they should start up another side in paky to water down their strength.
Clyde another suburb that will have a team sooner rather than later.
I wish AFL vic would tidy up the league boundaries out in the south east. It’s a mess.
absolutely agree with all that you are spot on there already talking about a side starting in Clyde north they were looking at it before Covid

Cranbourne are in a tough spot. I don’t think it’s personal but a lot of the MPNFL clubs are pretty determined not to expand.

I think they will look to the SFNL, I can’t see any other options if they want to leave the Outer East.

It really is all a bit of a joke. It’s been the biggest growth corridor in Vic for over 20 years and the whole league situation has changed countless times because AFL Vic just won’t step in and fix it.

We need a genuine Peninsula league (south of Frankston only) - they all want it and there’s no reason they can’t have it.

There could then be a South East league to cover everybody else - or even one big SFNL for it all if the clubs wanted that.

With lockdown ruining the rest of the season and the seemingly inevitability of the season being completely canned how do we think black rock will go in division 2. Any thoughts on league bnf or even if they should be doing one?

Surely divisions stay as is. No flag, no promotion??
Finals were wide open.

Seems the League has contingencies for finals depending when the current lockdown ends. Hopefully we can get some finals played at some point, but for the all finals matches to be canned, the lockdown would have to go on until at least Sept 24th...which depending on your outlook, could be a stretch. So if it ends before then, we will get some footy in!

They have also stated that: "Should we not play at all, the Final ladder placings to determine the promotion and relegation of Clubs for 2022" so I guess we'd have to go by that, so it seems like they are keeping the promotion / relegation system in place...even if there is no flag winner.

If that's the case, BR would head up to Div 2, some might say Clayton have been hard done but so might other 2nd place teams in other Divisions, and Doveton down to Div 3. Not saying I agree with it, but just saying that seems to be the League's plan...

1629871444038.png

Source: http://sfnl.com.au/season-update-20-08/

Clayton would have to feel pretty stiff. Beat Black Rock both times the two sides played

They shouldn't feel that stiff, ladder is there for a reason and percentage is there for a reason as well. They finished 2nd at the end of the home and away season and it is what it is. Handley deserves the credit as coach and Black Rock as it stands deserve the promotion to Div 2. Clayton will be stuck in Div 3 for a while now, they've missed the opportunity they had to get out with the crew they've got.

Black Rock Premiers!! What a shallow flag but the history books will record it all the same

Black Rock Premiers!! What a shallow flag but the history books will record it all the same

Has any of this detail (premierships, promotions/relegations) been announced yet?

I feel for clubs that maybe had an uneven draw due to the cancelled games that missed out on top spot or couldn't get off the bottom. I also feel for the clubs like Springvale who would have likely romped in the premiership but won't get a chance this season to experience it on the last game of the season (because let's be honest, unless a grand final is played any kind of premiership will feel hollow).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has any of this detail (premierships, promotions/relegations) been announced yet?

I feel for clubs that maybe had an uneven draw due to the cancelled games that missed out on top spot or couldn't get off the bottom. I also feel for the clubs like Springvale who would have likely romped in the premiership but won't get a chance this season to experience it on the last game of the season (because let's be honest, unless a grand final is played any kind of premiership will feel hollow).
With only 12 games in 2 years, compromised draw in 2021(nobody's fault) - does it make sense for no promotion & relegation in 2021?

So is Black Rock going up to Div 2 for 2022 or what ? Have not seen a thing from them or the league on socials at all. Springy districts have been granted promotion to Div 1.

Have heard mixed messages. Could it be that Doveton doves going to d2 and d3 and d4 staying as is?

Yep heard that one as well, which would make sense following 12 games in 2 years. Probably still a bit to play out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back