Shameful Treatment of Inaugural members

Remove this Banner Ad

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have just received a call from the Fremantle Football Club inc advising they are turfing out the members
with reserved seats in block 414.

The pretext is they intend to move in the families of players who participate in the curtain raisers.
Being an inaugural Full member with the same seat for twenty years, I find this treatment un - conscionable.

I have written a letter of strong protest and I urge all other members from that block to do the same.

It's a bloody disgrace.

I have just received a call from the Fremantle Football Club inc advising they are turfing out the members

The pretext is they intend to move in the families of players who participate in the curtain raisers.
Being an inaugural Full member with the same seat for twenty years, I find this treatment un - conscionable.

I have written a letter of strong protest and I urge all other members from that block to do the same.

It's a bloody disgrace.

Since when has there been curtain raisers again ?

Pretty ordinary, I know i'd be filthy if forced to move after all these years.

It's a bloody disgrace.

Where do they plan on moving you to?

That's poor form. Where do they seat them at the moment?

They can pry my green plastic seat in 113 from my cold, dead hands.

The reply I got to that was they are scattered around the ground.
I said you would think you could wait three more years for the new ground to be done.

If you are not happy you can cancel your membership was the response.
Stuff them.

Since when has there been curtain raisers again ?

Pretty ordinary, I know i'd be filthy if forced to move after all these years.

Good question. I said it's bullshit and this goes back a few years when other higher level membership members complained they were getting wet and looking into the sun and wanted our block which is a budget level.
I am also going to Consumer affairs.
They can gagf.

Sorry to hear that Fred, It seems the club is about three seasons too early. Maybe they didn't receive the memo?

Got the same call, moved my five seats, to basically the same spot on the other side (415)liked my seats had them for fifteen years,
But the person I spoke to was fantastic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin raisers = the little league games maybe?

Sounds like they realised the family members were taking up valuable seats and they could make more money by relocating them via shifting some of the budget members around. I'd be pretty pissed if I was a long time member in that block and ended up down the away end staring into the sun for the next 3 years.

Got the same call, moved my five seats, to basically the same spot on the other side, liked my seats had them for fifteen years,
But the person I spoke to was fantastic.

Who ?
Tibbie called me and I have just got off the phone to Drew ( but not spelt that way ).
They can be as pleasant as they like. It doesn't console.

I am going to consumer affairs now.
This is not what I purchased.

Curtin raisers = the little league games maybe?

Perhaps they realised the family members were taking up valuable seats and they could make more money by relocating them and shifting some of the budget members around? I'd be pretty pissed if I was a long time member in that block and ended up down the away end staring into the sun for the next 3 years.

Curtain raiser games aren't even the same people each week and are the guests at these games.
It would seem fairer and simpler to leave it as it is rather than a massive disruption to many long term members.

This is, as contemptuous of members you might expect, from a club like eagles with a full membership book.

Tibbie, how many seats do you have? As far as I was told, I was a priority to reseat, so could basically have pick of any spare seat.
Because I had five seats(with juniors) she reserved five seats together before they got taken.

Mate that sucks, I'm in Block 416 and I'd be cutting sick if they tried to move me!

They suggested I could have your seat.
I said NOoooo.

I have my entire family adjacent to me in block 415 and my daughter next to me in 414.
They don't get moved but me and my daughter are out.

Im a 15 year member and i got turfed from my aisle seat! It was a few years ago. It makes me worried about how members seats are going to be handled when we all get turfed out of Subi.

The reply I got to that was they are scattered around the ground.
I said you would think you could wait three more years for the new ground to be done.

If you are not happy you can cancel your membership was the response.
Stuff them.

You'd think they'd hold off on the attitude until we had the membership waiting list like the Wiggles. While we continue to get 35k or lower to most home games I dare say they club need to spend more time appeasing their current members than pissing them off like that.

I'd have thought this decision should have been made before the memberships were sent out. I remember when they added the row of plastic seats to 113 (and others in the Two Tier stand area) we got the option of staying in our current row or moving to the plastic seats behind to remain back row and we went with back row, but that came out with the membership renewal. I know it's not the same situation but surely they knew they were doing this in September/October?

Seems half arsed and needlessly messy way of dealing with things. Certainly not particularly professional.

Sounds eerily similar to a thread I started a few years ago, Fred, when it became apparent that the club was treating its current members with contempt while at the same time putting every effort into attracting new members. It's just a dumb-arsed business approach that typifies the club since the Steves took over. It reminds me of the way Foxtel is run.

I fully expect to be shafted with the seat allocations when the new stadium is built.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back