Sheffield Shield Round 4: NSW v SA @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this game should be postponed for the day.

None of these guys are gonna have their minds on it at all, especially Abbott who would be shaking up for sure.

Oh my god I feel sick. I'm in an important class but I'm just destroyed at the moment. He is my favourite player in all the sports I follow.

Police at the SCG are now asking spectators to leave the ground.
Tuesday November 25, 2014 3:06

Josh@joshrobbo44
twitter_bird.png

All news crews and photographers have been told to stop filming and taking pictures

Really, really, don't like the way this is going. :(

Air lifted from the middle of the SCG according to SEN

I'm basically in tears, this is unbearable... give us a positive update please.

Ambos I can understand. But why are the police involved in this? Is it just to clear the stadium? I really hope so.

Stunned by this - I saw the aftermath on the Cricket Australia live feed and it did not look good the way he went down and stayed down.

I feel sick about this.

Edit: Just heard (via the radio) he's left the ground via ambulance not helicopter. Have no idea if that's a good or a bad sign.

Why wouldn't they use the helicopter? Surely it would save a precious couple of minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is terrible full stop, the fact he is a former team mate to everyone on the bowling side is even worse.

Really wishing he gets through this... (some people on social media are an absolute disgrace and are not human beings)

Can only imagine how Abbot feels.

Why wouldn't they use the helicopter? Surely it would save a precious couple of minutes.
If they are taking him by ambulance he'll be going to St Vincents which is only about a five minute drive away.

I am guessing the chopper was to take him to Royal North Shore. I'm only hazarding a guess but I think RNS is considered Sydney's top hospital, which is a definite concern that even at any stage they considered he would need to go there.

Play has been abandoned which is approriate.

From News reporter Ben Horne at the SCG
Hughes' mother and sister were present in the crowd when Hughes was injured.

He's been taken to St Vincent's Hospital.

A Cricket Australia spokesperson said the health and safety of Hughes was paramount and there would be no update on his condition at this stage.

That just adds another layer of awful to this news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back