Show off your latest gaming purchases!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nintendo have done great in terms of marketing and although some do it casually, those that try to get them all have been suckered into it.

Good work nintendo

im sure you're aware but if not, go to den den town (if in osaka) or akihabara (if in tokyo). and post your haul when you get back!

My Japan haul is going to be insane. I'm seriously considering packing like 2 items of clothing so I have more room/weight left for all the game stuff I'll end up getting.

They really are the right concept aimed at the right audience. Nintendo fans seem to have a greater attachment to their icons than Sony or Microsoft fans do. I can't imagine these being anywhere near as successful if it was Master Chief & Kratos instead of Mario & Link.

It taps into the collectible market and Nintendo are the masters at artificially creating demand. People are clammering to get their hands on things like 'Wii Fit Trainer' just in case she is never available again.

What I really hope this does is drive Nintendo to make a game that capitalises on this market demand, giving the people who have bought in something new or worthwhile to really make them worth it. That being said, those putting so much of their hard earned cash into it, having them on their shelves is enough for them.

Oh and this thing hits next level when they create a fully fledged Pokemon range that is either compatible with some sort of Pokemon Stadium or Snap game on Wii U or unlocks that Pokemon in new 3DS games.

The fever to get an event Pokemon Amiibo such as Mew/Arceus would create a hell of a feeding frenzy. or even things like Shiny Charizard/Blastoise. Even if they would get scalded elsewhere for essentially creating a pay for Pokemon type system.

By making some characters an affordable x price, while making other characters an expensive y price.

Making them a collectible, difficult to obtain, allianced with a big game super smash brothers ultimately suckers people into thinking they need to spend ludicrous amounts of money to collect them all.

Its good marketing.

Oh and this thing hits next level when they create a fully fledged Pokemon range that is either compatible with some sort of Pokemon Stadium or Snap game on Wii U or unlocks that Pokemon in new 3DS games.

The fever to get an event Pokemon Amiibo such as Mew/Arceus would create a hell of a feeding frenzy. or even things like Shiny Charizard/Blastoise. Even if they would get scalded elsewhere for essentially creating a pay for Pokemon type system.
Random trainer ones that can hold a team of 6 and the more you battle with it the more it learns how to use the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they make a pokemon one I'll be a sucker too

It's not a case of if they do it, it's a case of when they do it.

Like when Disney Infinity launched people were already saying how long before Marvel & Star Wars get phased in.

It's not a case of if they do it, it's a case of when they do it.

Like when Disney Infinity launched people were already saying how long before Marvel & Star Wars get phased in.
acb.jpg

I can see the appeal of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong etc etc but when people rush out to buy the chick from Wii Fit I start wondering why.

I can see the appeal of Mario, Link, Donkey Kong etc etc but when people rush out to buy the chick from Wii Fit I start wondering why.
Bought Wii Fit for two reasons, 1 it was the first non sold out amiibo i saw, honestly. 2 its fun to train it to do push ups almost all game and still beat your mates with

Bought Wii Fit for two reasons, 1 it was the first non sold out amiibo i saw, honestly. 2 its fun to train it to do push ups almost all game and still beat your mates with

Meh, I'm not judging. I see the appeal, wouldn't mind a few of the iconic ones for my work table, I need something to keep Yoda company. I just think there are some really stupid gimmick ones.

Meh, I'm not judging. I see the appeal, wouldn't mind a few of the iconic ones for my work table, I need something to keep Yoda company. I just think there are some really stupid gimmick ones.
Oh yeah. * Villager but if I didn't get Charizard I'd cry

That's the brilliance of it all. You launch with all of your big guns and then something like Wii Fit Trainer and the obsessives then pick her up as well just so they have them all.

If Wii Fit Trainer was part of wave 4 I don't think it sells half as many units as the wave 1 version does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back