Silva vs. Diaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't surprise me at all but how many times has Diaz been stopped. Then again Silva is the GOAT

Diaz has a bad habit of getting hit though and has been rocked and dropped a few times to boot. If he does that against Silva, there'll be no coming back.

Silva will never be the same after the leg break, I hope people realise that. Some people (not on this site) talk about him being a viable title contender again, but it's never going to happen. He has returned to training way too soon. It's like Nathan Brown from Richmond who returned to training prematurely - never let the bone heal properly - and then was a shell of his former self for the remainder of his career. He's going to be experiencing pain in his leg which will hinder his training and prevent him from being able to train to the optimal level that he needs to, to give himself the best chance of winning.

On top of that, he also won't have recorded a win in almost two and a half years when he steps into the octagon against Diaz in January.

I don't know if he'll get past Diaz as I've never actually seen Diaz fight as I don't watch fights that are anything under Middleweight due to the propensity of them to be snoozefests that go the distance; but if anyone thinks that he is going to be a title holder again then you need to revise your thought process.

I don't know if he'll get past Diaz as I've never actually seen Diaz fight as I don't watch fights that are anything under Middleweight due to the propensity of them to be snoozefests that go the distance; but if anyone thinks that he is going to be a title holder again then you need to revise your thought process.
Not trying to be a dick here, but you should think about
revise your thought process.
re: the above bolded. :eek:

There are snoozefests in ALL weight classes, and similarly - there are barnburners in all divisions. The WW & LW top contenders have been probably the catalyst for being most entertaining divisions of the modern era, IMO.

Silva should retire IMO. He doesn't owe the sport anything and I'd hate to see him get hurt like that again because he's afraid to commit to throw kicks with 100% confidence.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a dick here, but you should think about re: the above bolded. :eek:

There are snoozefest in ALL weight classes, and similarly - there are barnburners in all divisions. The WW & LW top contenders have been probably the catalyst for being most entertaining divisions of the modern era, IMO.

Silva should retire IMO. He doesn't owe the sport anything and I'd hate to see him get hurt like that again because he's afraid to commit to throw kicks with 100% confidence.

Nah, I only like the fights that end in knockouts. Can't stand watching the scrawny little manlets who have no knockout power landing hundreds of punches on each other and no knockout occuring.

Nah, I only like the fights that end in knockouts. Can't stand watching the scrawny little manlets who have no knockout power landing hundreds of punches on each other and no knockout occuring.
You're playing to a stereotype with these kinds of comments. guys like Hendricks, Lawler, Brown, Lombard etc. Hell, Pettis, Cerrone, Alvarez, Trujillo etc. I could go on forever. These are all BIG hitters that are anything but 'little manlets'. Casual fan?

You're playing to a stereotype with these kinds of comments. guys like Hendricks, Lawler, Brown, Lombard etc. Hell, Pettis, Cerrone, Alvarez, Trujillo etc. I could go on forever. These are all BIG hitters that are anything but 'little manlets'. Casual fan?

Lombard I tune into but he's a Middleweight masquerading as a Welterweight. Erick Silva's dynamic style has caught my eye on more than one occasion but other than that I can't stand the rest. Heavyweights and Light-Heavyweights earn the most money on average and deservedly so. That's where all the entertainment is in my opinion.

I like watching the fights where the state of the fight is constantly on a knifes edge with only one good punch being needed for the fight to conclude.

Lombard I tune into but he's a Middleweight masquerading as a Welterweight. Erick Silva's dynamic style has caught my eye on more than one occasion but other than that I can't stand the rest. Heavyweights and Light-Heavyweights earn the most money on average and deservedly so. That's where all the entertainment is in my opinion.

I like watching the fights where the state of the fight is constantly on a knifes edge with only one good punch being needed for the fight to conclude.

Diaz vs Daley fight

http://m.metatube.com/en/videos/55906/Nick-Diaz-vs-Paul-Daley-Full-Fight-Post-Fight-Interview/

No one can say this was a boring fight

I don't watch fights that are anything under Middleweight due to the propensity of them to be snoozefests that go the distance
Lol what?

Edit: Oops, a bit late to the party here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back