Politics Simpsons Moments that match Australian/Worldwide Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

0268.jpg

Comicbook Guy: The "Internet King". Perhaps he can get me faster nudity.

Any two-party system anywhere in the world was summed up by Homer's reaction to Kang being voted leader in that Treehouse of Horrors episode: "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos".

Any two-party system anywhere in the world was summed up by Homer's reaction to Kang being voted leader in that Treehouse of Horrors episode: "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos".
200px-BobBrown3.png

"I choose to vote for a third party candidate!"
"Go ahead, throw your vote away!"

The separation of land into colonies, ala Shelbyville and Springfield, whereby the Victorians ("Springfielders") drink lemonade and marry outside of the family, whereas other states ("Shelbyvillians") drink turnip juice (ie. South Australians) and marry their cousins (ie. Tasmanians).

The episode where Sideshow Bob runs for mayor has some fantastic political satire, too. Like the fearmongering television ad:

Mayor Quimby supports revolving door prisons. Mayor Quimby even released Sideshow Bob -- a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Can you trust a man like Mayor Quimby? Vote Sideshow Bob for mayor.

It's sad, this show used to be so good.

Just thought of this one so I thought I'd start a thread which I can see becoming very very funny :D Howard calling a date for the next Election:

Assistant: Election in November, Election in November
Quimby: What? AGAIN!? This damn Nation.
I'm a freakin psychic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the one when Mr Burns was running for office - something about "if I had them killed, I'd be the one that went to prison" ?

tony_abbott_narrowweb__300x440,0.jpg
217px-Juliagillard.JPG

Bart: Somebody ought to ruin Gabbo's career the way he ruined Krusty's.
Lisa: Two wrongs don't make a right, Bart.
Bart: Yes, they do.
Lisa: No, they don't.
Lisa: No, they don't.
Lisa: Dad!

0072.jpg

Homer: Two wrongs make a right, Lisa.

The Sydney desalination plant (and cross city tunnel)

- "A town (state) with money is like a mule with a spinning wheel"

The pulp mil in Tassie

- Blinky the fish

Freo Big Fella;9260813 [B said:
Mr. Burns:[/B] Ironic, isn't it Smithers. This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you!

That's the one !!

john%20howard.jpg

Mr. Burns: No one will want to kiss me after this, eh, Smithers?

9V5.jpg

Smithers: Well, it's their loss, sir.

dr_patel_sml.jpg

Lionel Hutz: "Mrs. Simpson, you're not a doctor, I'm not a doctor, the boy's not a doctor. The only person in this room that even comes close is this man."
Dr. Nick: "Stop...you're embarrassing me!"

"Your son is a very sick boy. Just look at these x-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash. And this smudge here that looks like my fingerprint...no, that's trauma!"

"The coroner, I'm so sick of that guy. See you in the operating place!"

"Seriously baby, I can perscribe anything."

"Now, if something should go wrong, let's not get the law involved. One hand washes the other. Hey, that reminds me." (proceeds to wash hands)

"Eww, blood"

"The knee bone's connected to the...something. The something's connected to the...red thing. The red thing's connected to my...wrist watch. Uh oh."

"One, two, three...Out like a light. Oops, maybe if I fiddle with these knobs. Hey, I smell gas. Pleasant gas. Night night gas." (collapses)

"Okay...that was a little strange. When you were in that coma, did you feel your brain being damaged?"

"Holy smokes, you need booze!"

Man: "Among the 160 gravest charges are: performing major operations with a knife and fork from a seafood restaraunt."
Dr. Nick: "But I cleaned them with my napkin."
Man: "Misuse of cadavers."
Dr. Nick: "I get here earlier if I use the carpool lane."

"Sir, calm down, you're going to give yourself skin failure. The symptoms you describe lead me to believe that you are suffering from bonus eruptus, a rare disorder in which the skeleton tries to jump out of the skin. The only way to stop it is through transdental electromicide. I'll need a golf cart motor and a thousand volt capacimator, stat."

"Don't worry, you won't feel a thing....till I jam this down your throat!"

"The gloves came free with my toilet brush."

"Well if it isn't my good friend Mr. McGregg, with a leg for an arm, and arm for a leg."

"If you want to have an exclusive surgery with me, Dr. Nick Riviera, dial 1-800-DOCTORB. Note the extra B is for BARGAIN"

Nick: "Hi everybody!"
Homer and Bart: "Hi Doctor Nick!"
Nick: "Now there are many options available for dangerously underweighted individuals like yourself. I recommend a slow steady gorging process combined with assal horizontology."
Homer: "Of course."
Nick: "You'll want to focus on the neglected food groups such as the whipped group, the congealed group and the chocotastic!"
Homer: "What can I do to speed the whole thing up, Doctor?"
Nick: "Well...be creative. Instead of making sandwiches with bread, use poptarts. Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon, ..."
Bart: "You could brush your teeth with milkshakes!"
Nick: "Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too? And remember, if you're not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's your window to weight gain.
Bye bye, everybody!"

getfile.aspx

Smithers: Aren't you still facing charges in the US sir?
Mr Burns: Well if it's a crime to love one's country then I'm guilty. And if it's a crime to steal a trillion dollar bill and hand it over to communist Cuba then I'm guilty of that too. And if it's a crime to bribe a jury then god help me I'll soon be guilty of that!
Homer: God Bless America!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back