Snoops Annual Player Review, List and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 5

I'd take Laverde I think. Just looks a player which will keep improving and has Dangerfield like qualities insomuch as able to do really special things. I'm big on Lever as well and it's line ball but need to be convinced Lever could go into middle. Cannons were aimin him for that but we didn't get to see. Don't be surprised if it's Agern. Club like him.

Pick 21

If probably take Connor Blakely. Big tall powerful midfielder who excels at stoppages. Was WA best player and was terrific in the games I saw him play for Swans...he dominated a couple late and I rate that. Jarrod Gartlett is a kid whose pace and skill will appeal so he'd be next if have. Dean gore is another like Blakely id rate but he will be later.

Pick 25

Been my favourite since start of year as been following for a bit and been impressive in the handful games I've seen. Powerful kid with pace and skill and can play a few roles. He will step up quickly. He'd be a chance at 21 as well. If not him if be hoping for Connor menadue but he may be gone as well.

Pick 29 - Connor Menadue

Highly likely will be gone but he is classy and looks to have huge upside. Does everything well but hasn't been consistent until late in year. DanielCapiron is another I would like to see and am sure Hine and are Rendell will be looking at Harrison Wigg whose a left footer who is just elite by foot off HB.

Pick 45

Doubt we'd use it but suspect ed Langdon will be it. Elite beep and sprint times and very classy HF. Plenty of others appeal but think they'll be after him if they have a pick to use which doubt they will. Shame if out of this draft by here.

Pick 5

I'd take Laverde I think. Just looks a player which will keep improving and has Dangerfield like qualities insomuch as able to do really special things. I'm big on Lever as well and it's line ball but need to be convinced Lever could go into middle. Cannons were aimin him for that but we didn't get to see. Don't be surprised if it's Agern. Club like him.

Pick 21

If probably take Connor Blakely. Big tall powerful midfielder who excels at stoppages. Was WA best player and was terrific in the games I saw him play for Swans...he dominated a couple late and I rate that. Jarrod Gartlett is a kid whose pace and skill will appeal so he'd be next if have. Dean gore is another like Blakely id rate but he will be later.

Pick 25

Been my favourite since start of year as been following for a bit and been impressive in the handful games I've seen. Powerful kid with pace and skill and can play a few roles. He will step up quickly. He'd be a chance at 21 as well. If not him if be hoping for Connor menadue but he may be gone as well.

Pick 29 - Connor Menadue

Highly likely will be gone but he is classy and looks to have huge upside. Does everything well but hasn't been consistent until late in year. DanielCapiron is another I would like to see and am sure Hine and are Rendell will be looking at Harrison Wigg whose a left footer who is just elite by foot off HB.

Pick 45

Doubt we'd use it but suspect ed Langdon will be it. Elite beep and sprint times and very classy HF. Plenty of others appeal but think they'll be after him if they have a pick to use which doubt they will. Shame if out of this draft by here.
Hey Snoop, when will your delicious phantom draft be out mate? Looking forward to it :)

Very good, looking forward to the read.

I have no qualms with us taking Laverde with 5. Like his scope for improvement. I'm also very interested to see if McCartin is available at 5 would we pick him? I like him a lot and think with him and Moore that's our KPP stocked up.

Second round I would like to pick up a bigger bodied inside mid. Brampton/Gore/Blakely. Also snag our favourite Cockatoo ;)

Very good, looking forward to the read.

I have no qualms with us taking Laverde with 5. Like his scope for improvement. I'm also very interested to see if McCartin is available at 5 would we pick him? I like him a lot and think with him and Moore that's our KPP stocked up.

Second round I would like to pick up a bigger bodied inside mid. Brampton/Gore/Blakely. Also snag our favourite Cockatoo ;)

Well Hine always says he'd take best and if that happened then I would think he'd take McCartin. And in fact may mean Laverde went before.

Yeah I'd hope so. I know there are some quarries over his diabetes but I think it's manageable these days. Melbourne would look at him at 3 but I think they'd have Lever on their radar. And unless the dogs get GWS pick 4 could slide to 5. Though we still have to get pick 5 somehow.

Thanks Snoop Dog

You still think we'll have pick 5? Looking less likely now I guess but interesting to see your thoughts if we did.

We might even end up with higher if Beams goes to GSW or Melbourne! :)

Who would you take picks 1-4 if we end up with one of these?

ZerokooL
To be honest I would prefer 5, 21, 25 and crisp and no Varcoe but the coach wants him.
Somehow I think the deal will still get done with the Lions and totally agree with no Varcoe, but I think we might be pushing a little to hard to get 5, 21, 25 & Crisp over the line. Be awesome though!

Who / what type do you think pies should take with pick 5?
We primarily need a robust midefilder! Petracca and Brayshaw would be ideal but they obviously won't slip through, so I'd be taking Leverde! All these draftees are a great size and exactly what our midfield needs.

Callum Twomey updated his Phantom 1-25 Form Guide (Oct Ed) and interestingly has Petracca 1, MaCartin 2, Heeney 3 (taken), Brayshaw 4, Wright 5, Moore 6 (Taken), Pickett 7, Laverde 8, Lever 9 & Weller 10.... Pity we didn't have another top 10 pick cause I really like the look of Lever. Key Defenders are hard to come by IMO and it's been well documented that teams with elite backlines win grand finals!

Finally, I really hope Menadue falls through the order. He's a bolter, has flair and can join the dots with his run and carry and explosiveness. Hopefully he'll get overlooked until pick 30 (if we still have it).

Thanks Snoop Dog

You still think we'll have pick 5? Looking less likely now I guess but interesting to see your thoughts if we did.

We might even end up with higher if Beams goes to GSW or Melbourne! :)

Who would you take picks 1-4 if we end up with one of these?

Id be surprised if GWS could fit in beams and Griffen so unlikely for mine. After shaw and Mumford last year and the need to resign a bunch next yr i just can't ser both coming in.

My top 4 in order for us are Petracca, Brayshaw, wright and McCartin .

Pick 5 would be for me out of Levarde(Tall Mid/Mid FWD) or Pickett(Speedster).

That is IF top 4 goes as play with Petrecca,Brayshaw,McCartin and Wright

My understanding is 10 spots on list and think it's a certainty we will go 40 + 4 as the composition unless Marsh gets dropped back which I don't think is likely. That means;

- 7 senior
- 3 rookie

Frost upgrade, Greenwood and Moore are 3 Of the 7 so it will be a combo of Varcoe, Crisp, Aish (for the true believers), picks 5, 21, 25, 30, 48 for the balance.

My worry is we take crisp and Varcoe and left with maybe just 2 of those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kinda hope Duggan drops and we can pick up the Jets trio of Laverde, Duggan and Menadue. Menadue I absolutely love and is the exact type of player we need. If anyone has his highlights from that elimination final against the Stingrays, everyone will understand.

Agree, the Jets have a couple of guns that could be a valuable asset for us. We'll take Leverde at 5 but I'm not confident that Menadue will still be there at 30.

Thinking the Beamvegas superdeal will go through today and we'll come out with 5, 30, 48, Varcoe, Greenwood and Crisp.

Agree, the Jets have a couple of guns that could be a valuable asset for us. We'll take Leverde at 5 but I'm not confident that Menadue will still be there at 30.

Thinking the Beamvegas superdeal will go through today and we'll come out with 5, 30, 48, Varcoe, Greenwood and Crisp.

Why do you think the Big Trade will Happen Today?

Why do you think the Big Trade will Happen Today?

Two reasons mainly...
1. From all reports, all stakeholders were close so I'm thinking a deal could of been finalised over the weekend and may have held up other deals from going through so all parties would like to have this done and dusted.

2. There's only a few days left of trade, so its also in everyone's best interest to complete of this deal so they can potentially consider other trades.

Other than that I'm just hoping it will get done today! Last week was terrible to sit through. :/

OK the Super trade didn't happen on Monday but it still got done so that's the main thing yeah!

That leaves us pick 5, 30 & 48. My bet is that pick 5 is pretty safe, but gees it would be awesome to see us get aggressive and go after another low pick (i.e. 10-15)! I know Snoop wouldn't knock back a Laverde & Lever! But what would we have to give up?

It would have to involve a player too, I imagine... Something like pick 30 + player or pick 30, 48 + player.

Any takers that Pies might do another trade prior to 2pm tomorrow?

OK the Super trade didn't happen on Monday but it still got done so that's the main thing yeah!

That leaves us pick 5, 30 & 48. My bet is that pick 5 is pretty safe, but gees it would be awesome to see us get aggressive and go after another low pick (i.e. 10-15)! I know Snoop wouldn't knock back a Laverde & Lever! But what would we have to give up?

It would have to involve a player too, I imagine... Something like pick 30 + player or pick 30, 48 + player.

Any takers that Pies might do another trade prior to 2pm tomorrow?
If it were possible that we could trade into 10-20 range we definitely should give up 30, 48 and a player. My best combo would be Laverde (pick 5) and De Goey who isn't going to slide to 30.

If it were possible that we could trade into 10-20 range we definitely should give up 30, 48 and a player. My best combo would be Laverde (pick 5) and De Goey who isn't going to slide to 30.

I like it! Leverde & De Goey would be an excellent acquisition!!

As much as I don't want to lose anyone, here's a scenario that I think could get it done. Obviously pick 5 would go for Leverde right and Callum Twomey has De Goey at pick 13, Paige Cardona has him at 16 and Knightmare at 15 in their Phantom drafts. So I'm thinking a draft pick somewhere around 10-15 might grab us De Goey.

Now Fremantle has 13 and Westcoast has 11. Would one of these team be interested in taking our pick 30 & Fasolo (as he is a West Aussie)? We could also top it up with pick 48 too if needed?

So the question is Sunbot.... Would we be prepared to effectively give up Fas to get pick 11 or 13 to potentially pick up a De Goey in the dying minutes of this trade period?

Pick 5

Pick 21

Pick 25

Pick 29 - Connor Menadue

Pick 45

not by his draft highlights he isnt, has a nice action but thats where it ends. lots of turnovers in his highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back