South Africa in Australia (3 T20I's, 5 ODI's)

Remove this Banner Ad

You get the feeling with Smith aged 25 and Faulkner 24, they are going to be mainstays for a long time in the national lineup. Similarly Wade has a lot of opportunity in front of him.

That along with the teams taking a series more seriously.
Too many games that just don't mean anything, plus a lack of promotion.

Can't argue with any of that. May be a minor point, but I'd like to see Australia back in the gold uniform. I think a lot of longer term cricket fans identify with that, it looked like 2 South African teams out there. I certainly agree with too many games that don't mean anything.

Can't argue with any of that. May be a minor point, but I'd like to see Australia back in the gold uniform. I think a lot of longer term cricket fans identify with that, it looked like 2 South African teams out there. I certainly agree with too many games that don't mean anything.
My sister text today saying WTF is up with the uniforms, she could barely tell the difference between the teams. I'm sure that many other 'fringe' cricket fans like her that they should be trying to attract would prefer the gold uniforms too.

Yes the Gold would be great - we are wearing it for the WC.
All those years ago when we went to green I was pissed off and never bought a top and every summer i assume the gold will be coming back.
It's been a long wait.

My sister text today saying WTF is up with the uniforms, she could barely tell the difference between the teams. I'm sure that many other 'fringe' cricket fans like her that they should be trying to attract would prefer the gold uniforms too.

Well, she must hate test cricket then.

The players holding the bats are not from the same team as everyone else out there.:rolleyes:

I prefer yellow but it's hardly something I think about much.

The players holding the bats are not from the same team as everyone else out there.:rolleyes:

I have been noticing a real change in cricket fans over the years. In the 1970s, Test cricket was the thing, Sheffield shield very popular as well. Test cricket fans eventually embraced the 50 over game and it became very popular.

From that time on, cricket seduced a wider audience by attracting new fans to limited over games. Now I am seeing a lot of people who were introduced to cricket via limited over matches have been noticing Test cricket and wanting to know more about it, intrigued by the red ball, white clothing, etc. I have heard a number of people say they used to prefer one day cricket but now enjoy Test cricket more. The tide is turning.

Easy mate, my sister is a very casual cricket follower.

The old canary yellow shirts were sweet and symbolised everything awesome about the limited overs section of the cricketing summer. Bring 'em back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure whether to laugh at the comment, or you.
56375202.jpg

Think these early season 'warm up' odis should have been held away from Sydney and especially Melbourne. Melburnians are not used to their international cricket starting so early. Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and Hobart should have been the venues for this series. Another more unorthodox regional venue could have also hosted a game.

Think these early season 'warm up' odis should have been held away from Sydney and especially Melbourne. Melburnians are not used to their international cricket starting so early. Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and Hobart should have been the venues for this series. Another more unorthodox regional venue could have also hosted a game.

I'm sure a few regional cities could've got the 10k that these games have been getting. Having a decent enough wicket is another story.

No point having a go at Adelaide oval, we got 26,000 to a 20/20 on the Wednesday after the Melbourne cup featuring Australia "C"

The recent India v Sri Lanka games were the same.The teams looked to be wearing the same uniforms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back