Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Clayton are real deal!
You may be right Dragan, with the next two rounds Clayton verse St.Pauls and Cheltenham while OD verse Mordialloc and St.Pauls. If Clayton can get over St.Pauls then smash Chelt that 5th spot will be theirs. How far can they go into finals though?

From what I saw some of their stars weren't firing, Dan Farmer very quite past 3 or 4 weeks
We have a few of injuries but always been able to cover them. Danny Ades and McQueen are big outs. Half a dozen of the 1's are just badly out of form including Farms and Gaerts. I think everyone at the club is hoping they can raise another gear come finals because on the last 2 weeks form they will be out in straight sets. Not just us though Mordy and East Malvern aren't travelling too well either going on results. Bentleigh, Clayton and Oakleigh seem to be the form sides and one of them may not even make it.

We have a few of injuries but always been able to cover them. Danny Ades and McQueen are big outs. Half a dozen of the 1's are just badly out of form including Farms and Gaerts. I think everyone at the club is hoping they can raise another gear come finals because on the last 2 weeks form they will be out in straight sets. Not just us though Mordy and East Malvern aren't travelling too well either going on results. Bentleigh, Clayton and Oakleigh seem to be the form sides and one of them may not even make it.
Well as morwood said there's lack of incentive to perform when you can't lose top spot. Is McQueen back for finals or is it season done?

They will be both back for the first final but you would think a little underdone.
Ah well those are the cards your dealt I guess, you guys should still recover. What about your youngster Nick Lloyd, think he'll get a gig for the next two games?

I think McQueen has been a bigger out than most people realised, especially with Gaertner failing to fire a shot and Farmer being only a shadow of the player he was last year. Whilst they do have good depth, it looms as a worry for Dingley not being able to fine tune their best 22 leading in to finals, whereas Oakleigh, for example, seem to have all of their many guns firing.

I think McQueen has been a bigger out than most people realised, especially with Gaertner failing to fire a shot and Farmer being only a shadow of the player he was last year. Whilst they do have good depth, it looms as a worry for Dingley not being able to fine tune their best 22 leading in to finals, whereas Oakleigh, for example, seem to have all of their many guns firing.

You can't ever rule out a team that is sitting on top of the ladder a game clear...........Dingley will fire come finals I've no doubt.

What a debacle at the end of the Chelt EM game, players into the biffo, crowds getting into near biffo, umpires being abused, its all happening at the SFL. Interestingly the silence coming out of head office is a concern. One thing for sure, it wasn't pleasant for families and kids.

What a debacle at the end of the Chelt EM game, players into the biffo, crowds getting into near biffo, umpires being abused, its all happening at the SFL. Interestingly the silence coming out of head office is a concern. One thing for sure, it wasn't pleasant for families and kids.
Clear direction from the AFL this year for all leagues to not publish tribunal results. Not to mention or post any investigations or reports. Basically treat your members like mushrooms to hide any violent acts.

Pity the SFNL media guys who are also muzzled not to say anything in print or radio. Compromisation in my book

Seems to always happen at EM games though

Very bad timing for the SFL finals series considering they are still getting over the debacle from last season's crowd and footy behavioural issues. The SFL will need to ensure that this type of stuff ceases ASAP in all divisions. If they are serious about trying to entice families and kids to come to the footy.

Who started the fight was it east Malvern as I have seen them in action and they seem keen to get involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ripper Round 17 in the four way battle for 3 spots...East Malvern lose to Dingley and they have to beat City the following week. Mordy lose to Districts and they'll have to beat Bentleigh...Districts lose and they'll have to rely on other results, such as either St Pauls or Chelt knocking off Clayton in the last two rounds....

What happened at the EM V Dingley game? Heard there was a report and a couple of send offs

St Pauls Clayton game today I witness the most lazy, careless non passionate footballer I've seen for a long time..Justin Berry, how you weren't taken off the ground was beyond belief. Richard Houston enjoy next week because it will be your last.

Who started the fight was it east Malvern as I have seen them in action and they seem keen to get involved
Big T Rex dropped Cleeve behind play. Should get 2 weeks. He got sent off and after he came back on did his shoulder anyway so his season is done.

EM were serial pests all day, chipping away and sniping, then a couple of their so called forwards started on one of the goal umpires when they thought he'd made a bad decision. For the record, the young goalie was absolutely correct with his decision. EM couldn't handle the pressure that Chelt applied, they will be out in straight sets hopefully come finals time.

Terech reported and sent off...that's it as far as I've heard...

Well it seems nothing has changed with the big fella! He was regularly reported and sent off when he was at Chelsea Heights, including the 2014 semi final which went along way to St.Pauls winning in a close one..

St Pauls Clayton game today I witness the most lazy, careless non passionate footballer I've seen for a long time..Justin Berry, how you weren't taken off the ground was beyond belief. Richard Houston enjoy next week because it will be your last.

Any early transfer talk? Tips for this weekend?
Bentleigh
Districts
Clayton
EM
Dingley

Sad to say but EM should end up pushing mordi out.
Any news on Terech report?

Back