Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

It is criminal. They will not have these trading conditions ever again, next year it won't be the newest thing in SA and the crowds will begin to decline to what will be the long term average so one must point out the obviously to the SMA that both clubs have been, if we can't make money with 22 weeks of packed houses we will never make money from this agreement. Not even that, Olsen himself says in that article that they are not even going to deliver the clubs the $12mil he has been spruiking all year but instead only 8.5 million.. hang on whilst I grab some tissues to dry my eyes from the tears this man brings me each time I hear the SMA talk deal. I fear for our clubs future if we cannot slay the beast.

John Olsen in May 2014: "Both AFL clubs will be better off to the tune of $12mil."
John Olsen in August 2014: "Both AFL clubs will be better off to the tune of $8.5mil."

What's next, "Both AFL clubs get to share in the unsold pies and pasties from AO at the end of the year."?

John Olsen in May 2014: "Both AFL clubs will be better off to the tune of $12mil."
John Olsen in August 2014: "Both AFL clubs will be better off to the tune of $8.5mil."

What's next, "Both AFL clubs get to share in the unsold pies and pasties left over from AAMI at the end of the year."?
FIFY

The following is complete Bullshit and lies. These amounts do not have to be paid in 2013/14 year.

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/08/26/adelaide-oval-authority-forecasts-slim-surplus/

The Stadium Management Authority has forecast a slim $200,000 surplus for this year, SMA chairman John Olsen revealed last night

He said that after the SMA had set aside the required $2.8 million for a “sinking fund” to cover maintenance and eventual refurbishment, plus a $1 million community sports fund, the authority’s surplus would be $200,000 for this year.

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/08/26/adelaide-oval-authority-forecasts-slim-surplus/

The rent as per the Adelaide Oval Redevelopment and Management Act 2011

upload_2014-8-26_17-45-1.png

and the Auditor General has been producing a 6 monthly report on how the SMA and government have been spending the $535mil. From the last 6th monthly report, the next one is due within 2 weeks

upload_2014-8-26_17-48-39.png

From page 21 It's $2.7mil in the 2016/17 year. I can't see parliament quadrupling the Sinking Fund requirement post February this year given the the government went into caretaker mode in early February and has hardly sat since the mid March election.

upload_2014-8-26_17-53-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-26_17-51-1.png
    upload_2014-8-26_17-51-1.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 8

"He said that after the SMA had set aside the required $2.8 million for a “sinking fund” to cover maintenance and eventual refurbishment, plus a $1 million community sports fund, the authority’s surplus would be $200,000 for this year."

So...

Clubs $12mil is reduced to $8.5mil, which is a shortfall of $3.5mil.

Now, SMA has "put aside" $2.8mil for an expense that doesn't need to be paid until 2016/17 and another $1mil for a community sports fund.
This is a total of $3.8mil.

Looks like the SMA's business model is to get the clubs to fund its contractual obligations to the state.

So...

Clubs $12mil is reduced to $8.5mil, which is a shortfall of $3.5mil.

Now, SMA has "put aside" $2.8mil for an expense that doesn't need to be paid until 2016/17 and another $1mil for a community sports fund.
This is a total of $3.8mil.

Looks like the SMA's business model is to get the clubs to fund its contractual obligations to the state.

Come on Rucci. Do something good for once and take this up. Coherently and comprehensively, not one of your cryptic clue laden side articles.

Come on Rucci. Do something good for once and take this up. Coherently and comprehensively, not one of your cryptic clue laden side articles.

Ok, I'll see what I can ... ummmm ... I mean ... Lol! I'm not Rucci.

Rucci keeps repeating the BS that the SMA need to bank $2.8mil per year into the sinking fund.

Who do you reckon told him that?

This whole SMA thing is a debarcle, that we will forever be thanking Labor for.

Why are all these "staff training""sinking funds" etc. coming out of the footy season, surely they should be split in a half and the rest collected during the cricket season.

It seems like AFL is not only propping up the SANFL (still) but we are now propping up the SACA.

I still can't get my head around why the SANFL are even involved in the SMA, they have zero to do with the two AFL teams or the AO.

This whole SMA thing is a debarcle, that we will forever be thanking Labor for.

Why are all these "staff training""sinking funds" etc. coming out of the footy season, surely they should be split in a half and the rest collected during the cricket season.

It seems like AFL is not only propping up the SANFL (still) but we are now propping up the SACA.

I still can't get my head around why the SANFL are even involved in the SMA, they have zero to do with the two AFL teams or the AO.

The SANFL? Well, you have to make a distinction between the SANFL executives who profit and control the money strings, and the suburban football competition.... but the SANFL would never have given up their Football park gravy train if they hadn't been given seats on this gravy train.

Olsen, Whicker, and Basheer- the vampires of SA football.

By the by, I doubt the AFL can or will do much about this state of affairs- they're still trying to get it right with the MCG & Docklands. But ultimately the SA govt is to blame for allowing this to happen and it needs to amend the relevant acts to remove the SMA and just let the clubs manage the stadium during the winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy on the Crows board reckons the 8 SANFL have decided that the Magpies will be no more and that our reserves have to be called the Power. Such petty little brats. It absolutely sickens me we fund these campaigners.

What is it with the AFL and SANFL's sick obsession to rid us of the Prison Bar jumper and Magpie name at any level?
Leave us the **** alone!

Guy on the Crows board reckons the 8 SANFL have decided that the Magpies will be no more and that our reserves have to be called the Power. Such petty little brats. It absolutely sickens me we fund these campaigners.

Next they'll be saying that since the "Power" is a new team in the SANFL, we need to fork over 400k a year like the Crows. You just wait.

Paul DiIliou seems to have usurped Metcalf as the new "Kingmaker" of SA football. What sort of state of affairs is it when such an anonymous squib can hold so much power. Just go back to installing speed bumps in the Campbelltown Council area, Paul. You weren't even good at doing that.

I'm not sure how the other 8 SANFL clubs can dictate this.
Surely it's our decision once they've decided to allow us entry.

What argument can they use to force us to rename Port Magpies the power?

There should also be nothing stopping us still wearing the prison bars even if they could make us remove the magpie emblem.

Should have joined the VFL.

Still can. If they insist on changing the name, I reckon that we'll say "* you" and start looking at other options. The SANFL don't own our license anymore, and making it a nine team comp again would be ludicrous but oh so South Australian.

Win the premiership this year, tell them on the stage that they're a bunch of pricks like Jim Richards did at Bathurst, then leave them to their muck infested filth.

Just more evidence for why the SANFL clubs should have no influence on the SAFC and the SMA. They're a vindictive bunch of petty campaigners who can't see beyond their own selfish greed. They do nothing for the betterment of football in this state, they only serve themselves.

I'm not sure how the other 8 SANFL clubs can dictate this.
Surely it's our decision once they've decided to allow us entry.

What argument can they use to force us to rename Port Magpies the power?.

You're right. We 100% own our license now. They could no sooner tell us to rebrand ourselves than we could tell them to change their name to AFL-SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back