Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Great look for them if the minor premiers leave the comp.
They wouldn't care about how it looked. They know nobody gives a * about their comp outside of SA - they just act like everyone thinks the Sanfl is the ducks guts.

Within SA they simply paint port as the bad guy and away they go. Then they will whinge next year whe we treat their comp like a training session in the same way Adelaide did this year.

Why don't they just remove us and the clones ability to win premiership points? That's where this is going.

I would love for both clubs to have our reserves out of the SANFL and into the VFL. It shits me to tears the attitude of some on the Crows board who put the SANFL interest at the same or higher then the crows.

Would love to see the reserves play before the seniors, I know the gap inbetween games would be long to allow the warmups but it would be great rocking up early to catch the last half of the ressies.

They wouldn't care about how it looked. They know nobody gives a **** about their comp outside of SA - they just act like everyone thinks the Sanfl is the ducks guts.

Within SA they simply paint port as the bad guy and away they go. Then they will whinge next year whe we treat their comp like a training session in the same way Adelaide did this year.

Why don't they just remove us and the clones ability to win premiership points? That's where this is going.
That's what I mean, THEY would care as it would not be a good look, the rest of Oz wouldn't give a s**t.

The bigger question for me is a viable stadium deal
When do we find out?
Can governments or the AFL step in and change things?
Surely with maxed out crowds the total money pool is enough
Thank god for Kochie and KT and even the Vic media
The Vics realise that if we don'take money they will have to prop us up
In simple terms what percentage of gross revenue goes to the two AFL teams what goes to SANFL what to Cricket?

Confirmation Olsen is a liar. The lastest 6 monthly auditor general report into the spending of the governments monies on AO, confirms the 31st December 2013 report that the sinking fund requires an amount of only $2.7mil to be transferred in the 2016-17 year - not $2.8mil per year. Page 23 and 24 of the AG's 1st January to 30 June 2014 report released today.

http://www.audit.sa.gov.au/publications/12-13/other/Report August 2014.pdf

upload_2014-9-2_15-13-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-2_15-11-54.png
    upload_2014-9-2_15-11-54.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 8
This might seem like a strange question but how much does the AFL pay the SMA for Sundays game and how much of the profit do they get from food and alcohol?

This might seem like a strange question but how much does the AFL pay the SMA for Sundays game and how much of the profit do they get from food and alcohol?
Not a strange question at all.
I know we make nothing from the game so all profits if any will go into AFL coffers.

Confirmation Olsen is a liar. The lastest 6 monthly auditor general report into the spending of the governments monies on AO, confirms the 31st December 2013 report that the sinking fund requires an amount of only $2.7mil to be transferred in the 2016-17 year - not $2.8mil per year. Page 23 and 24 of the AG's 1st January to 30 June 2014 report released today.

http://www.audit.sa.gov.au/publications/12-13/other/Report August 2014.pdf

View attachment 77333

Attention Michelangelo Rucci. We know you're reading. If you have any substance as a journalist you will take this and run with it, and calling Olsen out for the filthy liar he is.

Ha! REH does have a touch of the Peter Falk's about him.

I need the overcoat

006-columbo-theredlist.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote this in the finals ticketing thread but it belongs here.

But hey its a licence to print money - just not for Port

The AFL get approx $3.5mil gross revenue from tickets + some advertising $$$
SMA get rent from AFL
Ticketek get $5.25 x 53,000
SMA get all catering and concessions revenue

Port get sales of ONE corporate suite + some advertising maybe + pre game function revenue and then has to pay SMA catering costs for this function.

Finals are a massive free kick for the SMA and were for the SANFL at Footy Park - Unlike at Subi where Freo and WCE get a huge free kick, the Gabba Brisbane get one, Geelong at Kardinia Park and one day GC at Cararra and GWS at The Sydney Showgrounds stadium.

I did this spreadsheet a few years ago which highlight how much of a free kick the SANFL got when you had a couple of finals at Footy Park drawing 40,000+. They probably NETTED $1mil per final.

I wrote this in the finals ticketing thread but it belongs here.

Finals are a massive free kick for the SMA and were for the SANFL at Footy Park - Unlike at Subi where Freo and WCE get a huge free kick, the Gabba Brisbane get one, Geelong at Kardinia Park and one day GC at Cararra and GWS at The Sydney Showgrounds stadium.

I did this spreadsheet a few years ago which highlight how much of a free kick the SANFL got when you had a couple of finals at Footy Park drawing 40,000+. They probably NETTED $1mil per final.

Okay it all goes back to the SA govt and arses need to be kicked. The problem is that the Liberals are not going to rock any boats, in order to look after their little mate Johnny *Scumbag* Olsen, and Labour won't want to admit that they screwed up.

Anyone know who Nick Xenephon goes for? He's not bad at raising stinks.

Just idle thought- how gullible are the SANFL clubs? The rivers of gold that go into SANFL coffers and those clubs are pretty much starving while Olsen, Whicker and co dine on caviar at their expense. Westies are getting a video screen but really given all the money the SANFL could afford to buy all the clubs a video screen. Bunch of hick suckers, the lot of them.

The Office for Public Integrity is responsible to the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption.

The Office for Public Integrity receives complaints and reports about corruption, misconduct and maladministration in public administration, and assesses those matters.

Now while the SMA is not a public authority it administers an asset of the state government and reports to the Auditor-General. Contractors of public authorities are also bound by the powers of the ICAC.

Might be worth the cost of a letter.

Just realised for a sold out AO h/a game we take home 50k ish, for our finals matches we are taking home closer to 200k a game even in perth or the G. Plus to rub salt into our wounds all finals matches are on free to air tv, so we are receiving more money via that for each and every viewer. For the whole H/A season we had a total of 3 yes 3 games on free to air nationwide, we seriously being ripped off by everyone

Just realised for a sold out AO h/a game we take home 50k ish, for our finals matches we are taking home closer to 200k a game even in perth or the G. Plus to rub salt into our wounds all finals matches are on free to air tv, so we are receiving more money via that for each and every viewer. For the whole H/A season we had a total of 3 yes 3 games on free to air nationwide, we seriously being ripped off by everyone

Where did you get this $200k figure from?? Is that the assistance the AFL give for travel and accommodation etc?

For the AO Elimination Final we would have got some advertising $$, some dollars from selling some corporate inventory, and the net profit from the pre game function in the McLachlan room ie sales proceeds less the catering costs the SMA charges for providing the food and beverage for the function.

In other words bugger all compared to what the SMA got as rent from the AFL and all the food and beverage revenue from around the ground.

On MMM earlier I think dittmar said people will be in for a rude shock when the profit figures are released for the year. He seems to think a figure of 160k will be announced for one of the teams. This is profits from home games.

He also said a lowly ranked Melbourne team with low crowds at the Mcg will profit 1.8mil from their home games.

If true I'm not shocked.

On MMM earlier I think dittmar said people will be in for a rude shock when the profit figures are released for the year. He seems to think a figure of 160k will be announced for one of the teams. This is profits from home games.

He also said a lowly ranked Melbourne team with low crowds at the Mcg will profit 1.8mil from their home games.

If true I'm not shocked.
If we make a profit I'll be shocked. Koch has said multiple times even with the improved returns at AO we won't make a profit this year. I'd be stoked if the success we've had at AO, the merchandising opps (NTUA gear plus heritage guernsey's / auctions) and finals money pushes to a small figure in the black this year.

Off of a top 4 finish this year, a successful final at AO and potential sponsors worrying AO won't be a success or 2013 was just a flash in the pan not something to worry about next year should be a good year off-field for us.

If we make a profit I'll be shocked. Koch has said multiple times even with the improved returns at AO we won't make a profit this year. I'd be stoked if the success we've had at AO, the merchandising opps (NTUA gear plus heritage guernsey's / auctions) and finals money pushes to a small figure in the black this year.

Off of a top 4 finish this year, a successful final at AO and potential sponsors worrying AO won't be a success or 2013 was just a flash in the pan not something to worry about next year should be a good year off-field for us.
I thought he was actually saying that profit is from game day not overall profit/loss.

Do our prize money increase for making the prelim?

The Sanfl killed aami stadium with their poor management and poor stadium deal. They will kill AO eventually as well for the very same reasons.

The government just gave them a new toy to destroy (and blame someone else for the destruction).

Of course, like the naughty, clever kid - nobody ever sees them wreck/break something but as soon as we all find out it's broken we will look over at the SMA and they will be pouting in the corner pointing the finger at Port and saying 'he did it'.

not pumping us up at all but adelaide would get even less at AO than us with there record 11 game members, the way i read it is from game day revenue not including membership we have more GA tickets available than they do so more chance of making a profit. I really wouldn't read to much into this money at all.

The 200k earlier i said is from the prize money from the final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back