Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

what a *ingg stupid semantic debate this is currently :thumbsdown:

truth is you are BOTH wrong, move on

Yeah I'm wrong, you are a sexist. :rolleyes:

Want to re-think that comment?

it was better when you all were baselessly attacking me, unable to admit you were wrong and making lols mistaking a character for the real life person.

You mean when I said it was dumb to want a character to die painfully and you blew up about people thinking you meant the actress? Yeah what was I thinking making such a mistake..

You mean when I said it was dumb to want a character to die painfully and you blew up about people thinking you meant the actress? Yeah what was I thinking making such a mistake..
i dont need you to defend me, appreciated but not needed. anyone reading those posts who can see the forest from the trees wouldve rolled their eyes at all you guys personally attacking me for wanting a character to die

i dont need you to defend me, appreciated but not needed. anyone reading those posts who can see the forest from the trees wouldve rolled their eyes at all you guys personally attacking me for wanting a character to die

Personally attacking you?
Lol yep I'm rolling my eyes at you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He basically says....the visual dictionary/etc of TFA established Kylo Ren as the opposite of Luke. Luke came from no idea of the force, into a hero with hope for all, etc. Kylo came from all idea of the force, into a villain, with a determined ambition to rule the galaxy. So there's no redemption for Ben Solo whatsoever. Just because Anakin was redeemed doesnt mean every bad guy is redeemed in SW. Anakin was the chosen one and deserved redemption. But the ST is all about Kylo's development into the ultimate villain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds absolutely garbage - the sort of s**t someone who thought TLJ was bad would dream up. No director is going to use multiple flashback/callback scenes in a movie - especially to things that the general public won’t give a s**t about. Two people on a treasure hunt for Jedi relics? How exciting. Everyone dies at the end? So Disney is going to green light all their property that they’ve developed over three films going up in smoke?

It sounds like the sort of plot I’d expect ******* Kevin J Anderson to dream up.

The quality of the writing in the sequel trilogy lends a certain authenticity to this tripe. I believe it 100%

He basically says....the visual dictionary/etc of TFA established Kylo Ren as the opposite of Luke. Luke came from no idea of the force, into a hero with hope for all, etc. Kylo came from all idea of the force, into a villain, with a determined ambition to rule the galaxy. So there's no redemption for Ben Solo whatsoever. Just because Anakin was redeemed doesnt mean every bad guy is redeemed in SW. Anakin was the chosen one and deserved redemption. But the ST is all about Kylo's development into the ultimate villain.

This has always been the purpose of the trilogy. Adam Driver gets all the screen time. When they talk about the end of the Skywalker saga, it’s from the Obi Wan Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader perspective. Ben Solo/Kylo Ren “dies” and becomes Darth (fill in the blank).

Ren is an ancient Egyptian word for the name someone is given at birth - their secret name that only they, their mother and Osiris knows - this is a reference to still having an association with his former name of Ben Solo. So basically, the Knights of Ren are those who have just been born to the dark side but haven’t ascended yet. If this is where Abrams got the name from, don’t be surprised if he assumes the name Darth Shut (written swt in Egyptian, so pronounced shh-wut) - which is the shadow of the soul - or some other derivative of shadow in another language. Darth Shut - Dark Shadow.

To be redeemed, you actually have to want to come back. Anakin only ever turned to the dark side in order to save Padme, and was then trapped in self-loathing until he found out he had a son that reminded him of his love for her. At first it was about joining him on the dark side (because redemption requires you to face the consequences of your actions - imagine if Vader had gone back with Luke to the Rebels on Endor, how that would have went down), until finally it became a simple case of dying to save his son...which is the exact opposite of what happened with Padme.

It’s for this reason why I believe a fight between Kylo and Rey will end up with Rey being killed, based purely on the fact that in a contest between equally strong Force users it comes down to physical strength and Kylo is stronger due to being a man. I can see it now - Kylo grabs Rey’s lightsaber and slowly brings it down with strength before turning it and impaling her with blue light the same way he impaled his father with red light. Which will get the feminists bitching about it but the reality is it’s designed to make people hate Kylo rather than sympathise with him and rationalise his actions (as we were meant to do with Anakin/Vader).

Then you have an open world with a set villain to play with for awhile - the Empire Strikes Back state of the galaxy where the First Order is ascendant and the Resistance is on the run. A world where the series isn’t dependent on trilogies but a continuing story with new characters being introduced all the time.

This has always been the purpose of the trilogy. Adam Driver gets all the screen time. When they talk about the end of the Skywalker saga, it’s from the Obi Wan Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader perspective. Ben Solo/Kylo Ren “dies” and becomes Darth (fill in the blank).

Ren is an ancient Egyptian word for the name someone is given at birth - their secret name that only they, their mother and Osiris knows - this is a reference to still having an association with his former name of Ben Solo. So basically, the Knights of Ren are those who have just been born to the dark side but haven’t ascended yet. If this is where Abrams got the name from, don’t be surprised if he assumes the name Darth Shut (written swt in Egyptian, so pronounced shh-wut) - which is the shadow of the soul - or some other derivative of shadow in another language. Darth Shut - Dark Shadow.

To be redeemed, you actually have to want to come back. Anakin only ever turned to the dark side in order to save Padme, and was then trapped in self-loathing until he found out he had a son that reminded him of his love for her. At first it was about joining him on the dark side (because redemption requires you to face the consequences of your actions - imagine if Vader had gone back with Luke to the Rebels on Endor, how that would have went down), until finally it became a simple case of dying to save his son...which is the exact opposite of what happened with Padme.

It’s for this reason why I believe a fight between Kylo and Rey will end up with Rey being killed, based purely on the fact that in a contest between equally strong Force users it comes down to physical strength and Kylo is stronger due to being a man. I can see it now - Kylo grabs Rey’s lightsaber and slowly brings it down with strength before turning it and impaling her with blue light the same way he impaled his father with red light. Which will get the feminists bitching about it but the reality is it’s designed to make people hate Kylo rather than sympathise with him and rationalise his actions (as we were meant to do with Anakin/Vader).

Then you have an open world with a set villain to play with for awhile - the Empire Strikes Back state of the galaxy where the First Order is ascendant and the Resistance is on the run. A world where the series isn’t dependent on trilogies but a continuing story with new characters being introduced all the time.
Awesome response. Thanks for that. I think if they do Darth Shut, it'll be spelled differently because people won't get it. But loved your concluding Reylo fight and why.

Awesome response. Thanks for that. I think if they do Darth Shut, it'll be spelled differently because people won't get it. But loved your concluding Reylo fight and why.

I’ve seen it spelt Shuet.

interesting coincidence....

In case those neckbeards didn't realise it, the Republicans lost power in the House of Representatives during the mid-terms this year...which was after TLJ.

It's more to do with the longing for nostalgia vs the longing for something new. That's why Rogue One did so well the month after Trump got elected and why TFA did so well. People wanted to go back to the old days, which is what happens with a conservative government.

Johnson tried doing something new when people still wanted nostalgia.

If Episode 9 is something new and bombs, it will be because people still want to be conservative and go back to the way things were...and Trump will be re-elected.

If Episode 9 is something new and succeeds, it will be because people want to be progressive and look ahead to the future...and Trump will be voted out.

If Episode 9 is something nostalgic and bombs, it will because people want to be progressive and look ahead to the future...and Trump will be voted out.

If Episode 9 is something nostalgic and succeeds, it will be because people still want to be conservative and go back to the way things were...and Trump will be re-elected.

Yep, the quality of the movies have nothing to do with it.

I worry Abrams is just going to copy the OT formula, especially with rumors how IX will have a massive plot twist. Rey and Kylo siblings all along. And Snoke is their real father. Because Snoke had a secret relationship with Leia behind Han's back, because he was always off doing his little missions, and Leia spending a lot of time in the Senate, where Snoke character had a political position.

Already there's gonna be some other things copied from ROTJ like a huge final battle, a jungle world (like Endor), and a swamp world (like Dagobah). As well as elements from ROTS he's copying like the Anakin-Obi long fight with Rey-Kylo.

I worry about Abrams. Plus with all the rumors about all these flashbacks going on. Sounds like the movie is 50:50 flashbacks and current day content. That's not gonna work. The ST has been highlighted by lack of story-telling prowess and script-writing, to have to resort to flashbacks and such.

In case those neckbeards didn't realise it, the Republicans lost power in the House of Representatives during the mid-terms this year...which was after TLJ.

It's more to do with the longing for nostalgia vs the longing for something new. That's why Rogue One did so well the month after Trump got elected and why TFA did so well. People wanted to go back to the old days, which is what happens with a conservative government.

Johnson tried doing something new when people still wanted nostalgia.

If Episode 9 is something new and bombs, it will be because people still want to be conservative and go back to the way things were...and Trump will be re-elected.

If Episode 9 is something new and succeeds, it will be because people want to be progressive and look ahead to the future...and Trump will be voted out.

If Episode 9 is something nostalgic and bombs, it will because people want to be progressive and look ahead to the future...and Trump will be voted out.

If Episode 9 is something nostalgic and succeeds, it will be because people still want to be conservative and go back to the way things were...and Trump will be re-elected.

Trump will lose. His party lost the House of Representatives by 10 million votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back