Universal Love Steve Hocking has retired as AFL operations manager

Remove this Banner Ad

I ask this question.
Where would Richmond be with the old rules?

I reckon top 3 for sure.

The AFL will make a Hocking statue because "he stopped the 3peat" ,that was the whole agenda behind these new rules.

Rules in history have been changed because of Richmond,we are the only team in the history of the game that has rulebooks changed to stop our dominance.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal
#TigerPride

View attachment 1172289
I wouldn't be opposed to us utilising our legal expertise on the board to challenge the latest rule changes in the high court. We could argue the motives and obvious bias against our club and probably have a very good case against the AFL. If nothing else it could send AFL house a message that this type of flippant changing of the playing field is completely discriminatory and needs to cease. On top of that we would have the support of many afl fans and be seen to be upholding the integrity of our great game...we need to send in this bloke... images.jpeg

I wouldn't be opposed to us utilising our legal expertise on the board to challenge the latest rule changes in the high court. We could argue the motives and obvious bias against our club and probably have a very good case against the AFL. If nothing else it could send AFL house a message that this type of flippant changing of the playing field is completely discriminatory and needs to cease. On top of that we would have the support of many afl fans and be seen to be upholding the integrity of our great game...we need to send in this bloke...View attachment 1172305

I don't think its helped St Kilda either.

The shorter quarters helped Butler last year with speed a greater factor but St Kilda have a number of small forwards and shorter mids not helped by the new rules so they decline down the ladder makes sense as a result

I heard from a reliable source that Hocking is going to abuse his position at a popular football club, groom and abduct child slaves in the Western districts. Use the secret el chapo style tunnel from GBH stadium to AFL HQ for paedophilic purposes. Which has been his main objective these last 3 years
I'll get back to youse all with more detail anon

I don't think its helped St Kilda either.

The shorter quarters helped Butler last year with speed a greater factor but St Kilda have a number of small forwards and shorter mids not helped by the new rules so they decline down the ladder makes sense as a result
They can head down to legal aid and get representation befitting of their minnow status.. 🤣

One thing that really stands out in this article is Damien Barret going the early crow after R2. "Has there been a rule more impactful to the betterment of the game than the standing the mark rule?"

No Damien, for you the big question, as an AFL employee is, "has there ever been a more sychophantic journalist so far up the afl's khyber than Damien Ferret- Barrett ?" Only your toes are hanging out Damien. This is the problem you get when you come across "experts" who have never even played the game. What a weasel.

Last edited:

One thing that really stands out in this article is Damien Barret going the early crow after R2. "Has there been a rule more impactful to the betterment of the game than the standing the mark rule?"

No Damien, for you the big question, as an AFL employee is, "has there ever been a more sychophantic journalist so far up the afl's khyber than Damien Ferret- Barrett ?" Only your toes are hanging out Damien. This is the problem you get when you come across "experts" who have never even played the game. What a weasel.
Staggering how identical all the stats are b/n 2019 & this year. The only significant change is the umpire on letting the game flow. Less stoppages. Haha that is the area we are weak in. After the introduction of the 666 rules with no trial I know that the AFL don't really care about the state of the game. Motivation just seems to be change for changes sake.
I can't believe the reduced interchange numbers rule got through the AFLPA. Playing tired sounds like a recipe for increased injury. Playing tired hasn't lead to score increases. Glad of a 23 rd man anyhow. Which was a last minute decision anyhow.

Staggering how identical all the stats are b/n 2019 & this year. The only significant change is the umpire on letting the game flow. Less stoppages. Haha that is the area we are weak in. After the introduction of the 666 rules with no trial I know that the AFL don't really care about the state of the game. Motivation just seems to be change for changes sake.
I can't believe the reduced interchange numbers rule got through the AFLPA. Playing tired sounds like a recipe for increased injury. Playing tired hasn't lead to score increases. Glad of a 23 rd man anyhow. Which was a last minute decision anyhow.
I've never understood why every single media person (and sHocking) is convinced that the more tired players are, the more games open up/scoring increases.

If I was tired, and knew that the rest of my team was also tired, I'd be making sure that the ball stays in tight, in congestion, to avoid having to run to open space. If your players are exhausted, you're not going to urge them to open the game up, it'd be suicide.

Seems to me that the real reason games open up late are teams throwing caution to the wind and trying to score quickly, which leaves them vulnerable defensively. The other times are when a team is getting a lot of repeat inside 50s, and eventually the defending team switches off mentally and the floodgates open.

I recall a stat stating that the highest scoring seasons recently were when the interchanges were unlimited, around 2011/2012. Not according to AFL HQ at least...

Everyone knows the only reason the Stand rule was introduced was to allow the Geelol players time to get their zimmer frames in position behind the mark...🤣
I've never understood why every single media person (and sHocking) is convinced that the more tired players are, the more games open up/scoring increases.

If I was tired, and knew that the rest of my team was also tired, I'd be making sure that the ball stays in tight, in congestion, to avoid having to run to open space. If your players are exhausted, you're not going to urge them to open the game up, it'd be suicide.

Seems to me that the real reason games open up late are teams throwing caution to the wind and trying to score quickly, which leaves them vulnerable defensively. The other times are when a team is getting a lot of repeat inside 50s, and eventually the defending team switches off mentally and the floodgates open.

I recall a stat stating that the highest scoring seasons recently were when the interchanges were unlimited, around 2011/2012. Not according to AFL HQ at least...

Great article and shows the new rules were not at all put in place to fix the state of the game.

We are not gullible at Punt Road by the AFL and their boy’s club in the media pushing AFL’s agenda.

This is a very good point. Considering a lot of pro Geelol decisions he has made such as dangerflog not getting rubbed out for knocking floss out in the granny, the stand rule to nullify our defensive pressure, and many others, he started as a geelol stooge, and is still obviously a geelol stooge. The definition of conflict of interest and bias in my book and yet another reason to hate geelol even more.

100% Its bloody laughable.

The AFL is acting like its integrity is in tact as he stood down as soon as the decision to appoint him in the future was made - but that is total horseshit. This guy has clearly been compromised for a long period. A decision to appoint someone CEO generally takes month of interviews, conversations etc. This move has been in the state of "active" for many many months, if not years. During that time, how the heck can you imagine him not to be making decisions which may benefit his future employer, or, make decisions to IMPROVE his chance of gaining future high level employment from Geelong FC.

There are rules in place stopping AFL clubs & players from poaching and discussing future poistions that might make them conflicted in their current role - how the heck does the AFL not have the same rules applying for their Officials, especially when it is in the areas of controlling the regulations of the game.

Steve Hocking should have been stood down from his role ( and given a far lesser role in the interim) as soon as he was talking to GFC about taking on the CEO role. If he is actively seeking employment through a club that sits under the umbrella of his current AFL role... i mean wtf? how is this not an obvious breech of conflict of interest integrity

Great article and shows the new rules were not at all put in place to fix the state of the game.

We are not gullible at Punt Road by the AFL and their boy’s club in the media pushing AFL’s agenda.

As i said in an earlier post - the "free flowing, high scoring" revolution the game apparently had from these pathetic rule changes is all but naught. The first 4 or 5 weeks it had an impact, but that was nearly almost because of the sub restrictions - Players were condition to play 15 minute quarters and had shortened pre-seasons. The tired quicker, obviously, once we went back to 20 minute quarters etc. After a month of AFL though, they have re-conditioned themselves & its no longer an issue.

Since round 5, the average AFL score per game is the lowest its been in 2 decades, outside of the "hub" season. Its failed miserably. The rules of the game have never been worse or more confusing. People are literally turning off games due to it being "unwatchable". I personally am lucky to watch 1 or 2 full games a week now, where in the past i was a "as many as possible" guy - literally hate watching the game these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As i said in an earlier post - the "free flowing, high scoring" revolution the game apparently had from these pathetic rule changes is all but naught. The first 4 or 5 weeks it had an impact, but that was nearly almost because of the sub restrictions - Players were condition to play 15 minute quarters and had shortened pre-seasons. The tired quicker, obviously, once we went back to 20 minute quarters etc. After a month of AFL though, they have re-conditioned themselves & its no longer an issue.

Since round 5, the average AFL score per game is the lowest its been in 2 decades, outside of the "hub" season. Its failed miserably. The rules of the game have never been worse or more confusing. People are literally turning off games due to it being "unwatchable". I personally am lucky to watch 1 or 2 full games a week now, where in the past i was a "as many as possible" guy - literally hate watching the game these days.
Additionally the early rounds always have higher scoring. Players are the freshest they'll ever be, everyone is excited about playing again and is looking to attack, defensive structures aren't set in stone yet, bad teams are trying to play aggressively to generate excitement for their fans. After five rounds or so it typically drops off.

This is why it's even more infuriating when AFL media will state after a few rounds that the rules are working magnificently because scoring is up, and proceed to circle-jerk each other.

Last edited:
This Stand rule has to be along with nominating for the ruck as the most ridiculous rules ever introduced … how anyone signed off on these Is a disgrace
its was obvious within 5 minutes of the first practice game..but still clueless Journos like Robbo praised it and everyone said how great the rule was.. lol

its was obvious within 5 minutes of the first practice game..but still clueless Journos like Robbo praised it and everyone said how great the rule was.. lol
use to despise robbo until i saw him on 360. reckon he's a hoot there.

Damien Ferret-Barrett continuing to try to polish the AFL's most recognisable turd...

Screenshot_20210709-120350.png

No Damien, he didn't and he's left a huge mess behind him for the next bloke to have to clean up. And you are complicit in that all the way up to your chinny chin chin.

Damien Ferret-Barrett continuing to try to polish the AFL's most recognisable turd...

View attachment 1173735

No Damien, he didn't and he's left a huge mess behind him for the next bloke to have to clean up. And you are complicit in that all the way up to your chinny chin chin.
Clueless muppet.
So many talking heads… so little of any substance said!!

View attachment 1173735

He's shoulder deep by now, professional parasite.

Nothing makes these hacks foam at the mouth harder than realising for sure and certain that their ability to influence public opinion is virtually non-existent.

"Wish" someone actually bought your propaganda as much as you want pal, it's not gonna happen. By all means, call the majority of the football world "pathetic" if it makes you feel less so.

And maybe, for once, try being grateful you get paid for being completely irrelevant while you're at it.

I don't think SHocking was out to stop us as such, but there was a lot of media and fans whinging and complaining about our game style and the AFL buckled down to the pressure to change it so they didn't lose their precious ratings.

Any other team in the same position playing a similar style would have got the same treatment.

That's my opinion. Look at AFLX as the preferred game style. It's the opposite of our game style.

The Weasels are revolting and they won't stand for this - how dare you compare Damian to such wonderful mammal of rare distinction!

Last edited:

View attachment 1173735

sounds like he has a crush on SHocking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back