Oppo Camp Your 2014 Grand Final tip (poll added)

Your tip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, dont know why anyone would despise the Swans. Reality is it does cost a shitload to live in Sydney. And yep they get a mil more, but as previously stated, that doesnt change the great drafting and trading they have done. They ave been the model for us also - to rebuild without bottoming out. Theyre a great professional club that have used the rules to their advantage. Good on them. I really hope they destroy Hawthorn. And do it to such a level that they have several players retire as a result. Id love to see Lake, Hodge and Mitchell and Burgoyne all retire. Watch them slip to 6th once that happens.

I think the Swans will win.... and somewhat comfortably, probably the usual grand final script of tight for a half then they get on top in the 3rd and the margin blows out late.

Couldn't handle the garbage from Hawk ********s if they went back to back on the 25 year anniversary of going back to back either

How's that any different to posters on the Hawks board wishing Selwood would get his neck broken "ducking" into a tackle? I know two wrongs don't make a right, but some Hawks posters are just as bad.

Dont know why anyone is seriously worried about the Hawks winning. Honestly. Lewis wont be right and he's been easily their best mid all year. They have one decent key defender. Count them. one. Lake. And he is a brain fart away from being their worst player. But assuming he plays well, he gets Tippet. He has to. Tippet is a monster and will rag doll anyone else. Then they have the conundrum of who do they play on Goodes? Goodes played his best game all year on Friday night. He was super. They also have to decide who goes with Buddy. Gibson? He's givine away inches and size and speed.

Thats just their forward line. NO WAY does Ted Richards let Roughy kick 5. Just wont happen. So where do their goals come from? Gunston? Might kick a couple. The midfield. Sydneys mids bat so deep its scary. And without Lewis firing, it makes who to tag to much easier.

Finally. Last night, Port SHOULD have been 6 goals up at quarter time. Hawthorn looked slow and pedestrian. And the reason for that is that they are. Its not a coincidence that Hawthorn finally looked like a better sie than Geelong late this year when we played them twice - when our quick players were out. Een then, round 22 when we played a quick style it COMPLETELY opened them up. Last night, when Port were fast and they moved it quickly they made Hawthorn look second rate. It was only poor kicking and inexperience that got them home. That wont happen on Saturday. Sydneys pace will destroy them. Their slick ball movement will own them. They will be seriously beaten and i for one cant wait. Grand Final day will be a celebration of a pretending bunch of self entitled mother*ers finally getting their right whack. I cant wait.

Finally. Last night, Port SHOULD have been 6 goals up at quarter time. Hawthorn looked slow and pedestrian. And the reason for that is that they are. Its not a coincidence that Hawthorn finally looked like a better sie than Geelong late this year when we played them twice - when our quick players were out. Een then, round 22 when we played a quick style it COMPLETELY opened them up. Last night, when Port were fast and they moved it quickly they made Hawthorn look second rate. It was only poor kicking and inexperience that got them home. That wont happen on Saturday. Sydneys pace will destroy them. Their slick ball movement will own them. They will be seriously beaten and i for one cant wait. Grand Final day will be a celebration of a pretending bunch of self entitled mothergooses finally getting their right whack. I cant wait.

If Hawthorn start as they did last night, she'll be all over by 1/4 time. Sydney will make them pay far more than a jittery young Port - Buddy/Tippett/Reid won't waste the footy in the manner Port's forwards did.

As a one week Sydney supporter I failed to even get the topic correct imagine the utensil up I'd make of trying to put up a poll:(

Yeah I learned last night, you have to include the poll as your post the thread. No going back and editing one in, lol.

Does anyone really care?
It's all about J Selwood this week!

Then get over to the Brownlow thread!!!! :p

Which team has the best feel-good player?
Probably McGlynn. So Swans maybe.
But not a real fan of their concessions in snaring the best players. Consecutive recruiting coups of Kurt, then Buddy is obscene.
If Hawks are good enough to beat Swans/Buddy, after their season of injuries, going btb, after this week's nail-biter, who cares if their greatness is compared to what Geelong did- it clearly is the sign of a GREAT team.
We , as Geelong, have no reason to envy any team at all- they have all admitted we are the team they strive to emulate and beat. Can anyone seriously imagine that would have been said about Geelong 10 years ago?
I'm looking forward to an epic GF, clearly the 2 best teams of 2014, min % difference, 1-1 so far, toss-up really. Both teams will throw everything into this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not it's not, I say that because it's the "era" of the players and they play for around 10 years or so.

Hawks will have 3 in 6 years and a back to back and 4 GF's, we won 3 in 5 but no b2b. I thought it was quite the comparison. They have players like Hodge that will be classed as a tripple premiership player. It's fair to compare it to us.

Ok I will give you Swans (except Goodes), but if they win, still have 2 in 3 like us but have a list to go more.

I'm sure if we won this year, you would count that as 4 from 8, because we have players from our 2007 "era"
Hawks will have 3 in 7 years, not 6... and 6 years between 08 and 13. 08 is not in their era

Seriously, dont know why anyone would despise the Swans. Reality is it does cost a shitload to live in Sydney. And yep they get a mil more, but as previously stated, that doesnt change the great drafting and trading they have done. They ave been the model for us also - to rebuild without bottoming out. Theyre a great professional club that have used the rules to their advantage. Good on them. I really hope they destroy Hawthorn. And do it to such a level that they have several players retire as a result. Id love to see Lake, Hodge and Mitchell and Burgoyne all retire. Watch them slip to 6th once that happens.
COLA is a disgrace look at WA which costs the same yet there's no concessions.

I despite Syd

Dont know why anyone is seriously worried about the Hawks winning. Honestly. Lewis wont be right and he's been easily their best mid all year. They have one decent key defender. Count them. one. Lake. And he is a brain fart away from being their worst player. But assuming he plays well, he gets Tippet. He has to. Tippet is a monster and will rag doll anyone else. Then they have the conundrum of who do they play on Goodes? Goodes played his best game all year on Friday night. He was super. They also have to decide who goes with Buddy. Gibson? He's givine away inches and size and speed.

Thats just their forward line. NO WAY does Ted Richards let Roughy kick 5. Just wont happen. So where do their goals come from? Gunston? Might kick a couple. The midfield. Sydneys mids bat so deep its scary. And without Lewis firing, it makes who to tag to much easier.

Finally. Last night, Port SHOULD have been 6 goals up at quarter time. Hawthorn looked slow and pedestrian. And the reason for that is that they are. Its not a coincidence that Hawthorn finally looked like a better sie than Geelong late this year when we played them twice - when our quick players were out. Een then, round 22 when we played a quick style it COMPLETELY opened them up. Last night, when Port were fast and they moved it quickly they made Hawthorn look second rate. It was only poor kicking and inexperience that got them home. That wont happen on Saturday. Sydneys pace will destroy them. Their slick ball movement will own them. They will be seriously beaten and i for one cant wait. Grand Final day will be a celebration of a pretending bunch of self entitled mothergooses finally getting their right whack. I cant wait.

I admire your hatred.:thumbsu:

I see this is a relatively close model of 2011. reigning premiers get pushed to the absolute limits in a bruising encounter, and one has a game where they flexed their muscle and blew their opponent away. Sydney wont crap themselves on the big stage, and their midfield will dominate the hawks. Their forwards will dominate the hawks. and their back line might shake a little but ultimately keep them down enough.

Swans by 40 points after level scores at 3qt

This is actually one of my major worries.

Obviously, they have have a much better midfield than Hawthorn, but whenever they have played over the last couple of years, Clarkson seems to be have somehow contrived a way to break even with them. He knows how to structure up against Sydney. The Swans mids don't seem to do as much scoreboard damage against the Hawks as they do against other teams.

Sydney *should* win, since they have clearly the greatest quality and quantity of talent in the competition, and as such, I would regard a failure to do so as a choke. I couldn't stomach Hawthorn benefiting from yet another opposition choke on the big stage.

Back