Oppo Camp Your 2014 Grand Final tip (poll added)

Your tip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a go at you and I'm sure it hurts to watch Buddy run around in red and white.

But we lost the best player of our generation, a players whose family name meant more to Geelong than any other, to a similar amount of $$$ we could not afford.

And while many opposition fans have turned on the Swans, everyone seems to love Gold Coast.

Why is that? Is it because GC isn't successful yet? Because they certainly will be, maybe as soon as next year. Let's see how generous people are towards cashed-up Gaz then.

Maybe so but I still think that GAJ made the wrong choice. Should have stayed a 1 club player.

Maybe so but I still think that GAJ made the wrong choice. Should have stayed a 1 club player.

You won't find anyone here who disagrees with you.

But the situations are similar - a seemingly loyal player leaving their club for boatloads of cash and claiming living in Melbourne/Geelong was a fishbowl.

I just find it confusion how so many people seem to have GC as their second favourite team (trust me, I don't) yet plenty of people have turned on the Swans.

With you on this one.
Buddy btb?
or
Haw btb?
Amazing choices for a Geelong supporter.
Most of us respect the team Hawthorn, the club Hawthorn, the way you have covered your injuries and made another GF.
Your team/club IS the gold standard.
But,
SOME of your supporters have evidently gone way over the top with snideness, smugness, arrogance, and coming on as if you have some predestined right to lord it over opposition supporters on an opposition board.

Yes I agree on this. I don't like posters coming on our boards and acting that way. I do welcome fans with good insight into the game.

The rest should stick to the asylum that is Bay 13.

You won't find anyone here who disagrees with you.

But the situations are similar - a seemingly loyal player leaving their club for boatloads of cash and claiming living in Melbourne/Geelong was a fishbowl.

I just find it confusion how so many people seem to have GC as their second favourite team (trust me, I don't) yet plenty of people have turned on the Swans.

It's because GC is a new club that needed the extra assistance in the draft and cap to help establish themselves similar to GWS. Fair enough but hopefully an uncompromised draft will bring them back to equal recruiting level of everyone else.

COLAs have been around for a long time and are a very established and wealthy club supported by the AFL. This is the main reason why I don't like to see them get the extra $$$$ that is supposed to be for the lower paid players and they spend it on top recruits. Can't imagine what Shitney will do come trade time. Maybe they have another massive deal under the radar we don't know about yet. Stay tuned I reckon.

Buddy made the absolute right choice. Get out of that cesspit of little man syndrome to go to a professional and slick club. The increase in his output is a direct result of not being stifled by the environment that is Hawthorn. So glad he moved to a club that is helping him produce his best week in week out.

Not Hawthorn. So I guess that leaves Sydney. I will be barracking hard for Hawks to lose more so than cheering for Sydney to win.
Sydney I can deal with, it's not AS bad as last years Grand Final, as far as Geelong supporters go it was always gonna end bad no matter how it finished. At least we got to see Rossy lose another one :D

Agree BlitzenTrapper I reckon Buddy might get off the leash. Real good chance for Norm Smith.
Sydney forward line should be too much for Hawthorn if they are on.

Fellas, I am a little disapointed to see a vast majority of Cats posters wanting the COLAs to win.

I like many of my Hawks friends, would definitey go with Cats if they were to play COLAs in a GF. I know that we have
a long history of rivalry but I can't see why the FK you guys would want a team with such an unfair advantage to win.

It's not possible for any other club to get 2 players like Tippett and Buddy 12 months apart. Why the support?
You blokes make me laugh you carry on about being the most successful team in the last 50 years with out one word about the unfair zoning that bought it about,you kick the s**t out of the Bombers over peptides and hide behind an injunction yourself,you wonder why I dislike Hawthorn and I'm getting behind the Swans, it's your f--k whit supporters end of story.

I'd rather the Swans win it because 1) if the Hawks go back to back everyone will start talking about whether they are possible as good as or better than the Cats in the past decade, and 2) given the amount of **** Cats fans got after 2008, Hawks fans deserve some more pain that comes from losing a grand final.

I'd rather the Swans win it because 1) if the Hawks go back to back everyone will start talking about whether they are possible as good as or better than the Cats in the past decade, and 2) given the amount of **** Cats fans got after 2008, Hawks fans deserve some more pain that comes from losing a grand final.

Hopefully losing two out of three straight appearances even!

Fellas, I am a little disapointed to see a vast majority of Cats posters wanting the COLAs to win.

I like many of my Hawks friends, would definitey go with Cats if they were to play COLAs in a GF. I know that we have
a long history of rivalry but I can't see why the FK you guys would want a team with such an unfair advantage to win.

It's not possible for any other club to get 2 players like Tippett and Buddy 12 months apart. Why the support?
Haha think you are a tad generous in assuming Hawkers would support Geelong against Sydney, but good on you.
I am not all that fussed who wins really although in such a dilemma prefer cola over B2B's. Petty or what! Actually my overwhelming sentiment is that I feel a bit bored by the prospect of both these teams and hope for new competitors playing off next year.
I just think Swans are a better team, in better shape. Hawks, despite appearances, look like they have come to the end of their run before the GF.
Good luck though.

Swans for me , apart from Goodes I think their playing group is to be admired.
We want whoever is their Forward Coach IMHO
Absolutlely brilliant tactics which were varied beautifully. To see Thompson and Grima forced to play 80M apart at times was superb. What made it better was seeing Buddy wheel round and quiclky kick it 60M to a Tippett 1:1.
They also had other options to add to the mix , we need to step it up in the Assistant Department !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutlely brilliant tactics which were varied beautifully. To see Thompson and Grima forced to play 80M apart at times was superb. What made it better was seeing Buddy wheel round and quiclky kick it 60M to a Tippett 1:1.
They also had other options to add to the mix , we need to step it up in the Assistant Department !!

Sack all the Assistants and use the money to buy Tippett and Franklin.

Do you really need a forward coach when the forward line features Tippett and Franklin?

Tell you what though, I was really impressed with Roughy's game on Saturday Night, not just the goals he kicked but his reading of the play and positioning himself accordingly. I reckon a Hawkins/Roughead forward line would easily match Franklin/Tippett. (not that it would ever happen)

Do you really need a forward coach when the forward line features Tippett and Franklin?

With respect you do , can't have them taking each others space.
Swans forward system was very impressive , mind you the Hawks don't lack there either !
What's also impressive is to have 2 big egos working together to inflict maximum hurt :eek:

Tell you what though, I was really impressed with Roughy's game on Saturday Night, not just the goals he kicked but his reading of the play and positioning himself accordingly. I reckon a Hawkins/Roughead forward line would easily match Franklin/Tippett. (not that it would ever happen)
No way Hawkins will go to Hawthorn.

I couldn't bare Mitchell and co joining Bartel etc on three Premierships. I think I am right that Goodes will be the only Swan to get a third premiership medal and he is an absolute legend of the game, so that would not worry me.

Would love Franklin to kick 8 but be pipped for Norm Smith by Josh Kennedy having a beast of a game in the middle. Maximum Hawthorn agony.

I can't see how Hawthorn can win though it is possible I am just blocking such a terrible scenario out. I actually don't hate Hawthorn that much, but I am so one eyed I don't want them sharing Geelong's three premiership glory.

So yeh, I am hoping for the Swans.

My enduring hope for Hawthorn is a sustained run of Grand Final and other final losses, thereby delivering a well-overdue injection of humility to the over-inflated sense of worth and superiority of an army of 1980s bred, blond-tipped, mulleted, Glen Waverley dwelling, cashed-up bogans who live for screaming "HAAAAAWKKKKUUUUZZZZ" in the faces of unsuspecting and civil opposition supporters.

Maybe I ask too much, but a loss this week would be a nice start.

My enduring hope for Hawthorn is a sustained run of Grand Final and other final losses, thereby delivering a well-overdue injection of humility to the over-inflated sense of worth and superiority of an army of 1980s bred, blond-tipped, mulleted, Glen Waverley dwelling, cashed-up bogans who live for screaming "HAAAAAWKKKKUUUUZZZZ" in the faces of unsuspecting and civil opposition supporters.

Maybe I ask too much, but a loss this week would be a nice start.
I'm on the case I know people.:D

Back