Swans Talk in the Media Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember that Adelaide Oval is no bigger than the SCG and no one could say Adelaide is not a big AFL State. Right now even Western Australia does not have a stadium that is as big as the SCG.

That's basically it. I'm with Tuco in that I would have loved to see us pack out ANZ Stadium more regularly but it's too big for home and away games and most finals. With the expansion and ground lengthening of the SCG, as well as having Colless on the board of the SCG Trust, this is the best move for the club overall in my view.

Couldn't care less, the SCG is it now, all over for ANZ and you seem to be the only one that could give a stuff

You might be right about the SCG but there's no reason to attack others for expressing a different view.

well, you did imply he wasn't entitled to his opinion, which was a little ordinary. Anyway it's great news for the club.

I care about AR in Sydney. I don't care about GWS. But us - the two clubs in Sydney - I do care about.

The point is moot. ANZ is done. But it means I'll never live to see AR grow past 'boutique' status in this state. 40k at the SCG? Great? Sure it is, for a minnow sport. But it's mediocre on the national stage.

I'm sometimes asked why I've been an advocate for ANZ. It's not because of what it is, but what it could have been. Whinging supporters saw empty stadiums. I saw stadiums waiting to be filled.

But turning us into a top tier club, capable of drawing bumper crowds will never happen now. We're back where we started. And for some that's perfectly fine.

Well said !!!

I too, would love to have our great city embrace the greatest game of all.... and right now I feel the city is ripe for the plucking with growing ennui with bash and barge.

I'm imagining this board in 30 years time going ballistic on the "We need another 30k seats" thread

Well said !!!

I too, would love to have our great city embrace the greatest game of all.... and right now I feel the city is ripe for the plucking with growing ennui with bash and barge.

I'm imagining this board in 30 years time going ballistic on the "We need another 30k seats" thread

Is there anything in the construction of the SCG that makes putting in another 20,000 to 30,000 seats impossible?

Well then.... there goes my argument.

Perhaps we can predict how many times the Swans will draw more than 48000 to the SCG in the foreseeable future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't understand every word as he was speaking very quickly but Gill said they had another discussion with the Swans this morning and is open to change, open dialog has been in place with Sydney for a while but "Gill claims we werent warm to talks" Sydney wanted to keep the same salary cap going forward with the view it was getting phased out in 2years and be allowed to trade in players but with retirements at the end of this year we had to put measures in place to stop Sydney for example taking a Dayne Beams"

Confirmed next year they will be changes to the FS/academy and Gill explains the "math" behind it is to complex to go into detail.

Confirmed next year they will be changes to the FS/academy and Gill explains the "math" behind it is to complex to go into detail.
This means we aren't getting both. That has to be a draft point formula system, google it for some examples, where if both are rated top 10 we can't get enough points without trading for other draft picks.

ffs that was yesterday as it all was happening, some people have respect !
I know it was yesterday. Respect has nothing to do with it. Why does respect for a dead cricketer mean that people can't discuss something entirely unrelated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back