Coaching Staff Sydney Swans Assist Coaching & Recruiting Staff: The Brains Trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Sydney Swan Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: John Longmire Thread for Head Coach can be found here
Executive General Manager Football: Leon Cameron
Dean Cox
Jarrad McVeigh
Mark McVeigh
Ben Matthews

Swans Academy:
Colin O'Riordan (Male Academy)

Last edited:

Mark McVeigh to replace his brother who will move to Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pyke goes to the Eagles, we may as well show J McVeigh the door as well. He has been a wonderful servant of the club but if he really wants to be a senior coach he has to spend time at other clubs.
We are now something of a destination club as we are entering a premiership window. We are well run, generally successful and stable. There Is a lot to learn for a keen assistant, but who?

Mods I couldn’t find an assistant coach thread.
McVeigh was forwards coach and the set ups were basically the same as ever. All talls flying against each other for contested marks. There was a slight difference in leading patterns but there was still too much long bomb and we set up for it.

We need someone who is going to enforce seperation of the tall forwards. One stays in the square, one leads right, one up the centre or maybe one left if the ball is coming more central. If all your forwards are flying for the same ball the chances anyone will come down with it or be able to direct it down are negligible.

We had a great midfield tactics coach we went to SA to coach Glenelg to a premiership. Mark Stone. Unfortunately, he is at the Lions. I wonder what it would take to get him back. By the way, I think he would make a super AFL coach

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

McVeigh was forwards coach and the set ups were basically the same as ever. All talls flying against each other for contested marks. There was a slight difference in leading patterns but there was still too much long bomb and we set up for it.

We need someone who is going to enforce seperation of the tall forwards. One stays in the square, one leads right, one up the centre or maybe one left if the ball is coming more central. If all your forwards are flying for the same ball the chances anyone will come down with it or be able to direct it down are negligible.

We had a great midfield tactics coach we went to SA to coach Glenelg to a premiership. Mark Stone. Unfortunately, he is at the Lions. I wonder what it would take to get him back. By the way, I think he would make a super AFL coach

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mark has left the Lions , nowhere yet

Further to the above post he was highly recommended by Leon Cameron who had him on his coaching staff at GWS part time in his final year.

I have heard from a well placed source that we have approached James Hird to replace Pyke. I'm joking and anyone taking this seriously has fallen for the biggest fish on my hook
One from left field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back