Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hird, who afl.com.au understands is overseas while the Bombers players are on a short break, was also ordered by the Federal Court to pay all legal costs.
When contacted by afl.com.au one legal source estimated the legal costs to be at least $500,000.

One of the stranger sights in Thailand is the Westerner reduced to begging on the streets.

:D ... last time I looked, the exchange rate wasn't brilliant with the baht either ... :D

Yeesh...he's been represented by a Big 4 firm (Asshurts) and high end QC's throughout, so assuming the lawyers charged full tote odds...

Representation at ASADA interview - $15k
Aborted supreme court action against AFL - $50k
Dealing with AFL Charges - $50k
Middleton Challenge - $500k
Middleton costs order - $250k (half of ASADA's bill)
Appeal - $100k
Appeal costs order - $100k
Total: $1.065m

And I reckon I'm being conservative/missing something...

Yep - those disbursement a are a mother*er!

I can't wait for the BF tele movie.

I'll play Jimmy*, Horace to play Paul Little, Maddam to play Tim Watson, Toes to play the head of ASADA, Brett33 to be Heppell (the rat that ultimately betrays * at the end of the saga*), rines* to play Tania*, Jade* to play Jimmy's* head lawyer, l'll leave the rest to you lot.

Spike "it was vitamins" can play himself - pity American Horror Story - Freak Show has finished!

Surely the Federal Court should have been persuaded by Tanias notes! Rinesy we miss you

pffft. They knew they would lose and it is clearly just a pathetic strategy to avoid the media. I bet Hird is not really out of the country. Show me some holiday snaps pal!

He has a really great suntan that is in no way chemically induced

*hird on the left ASADA/The Courts on the right.
1314959217_spinning_tray_revenge.gif

Lucky *hird had that million dollar pay day. Gonna need every penny.

Just waiting for Little to turf the *hird

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22799-1405693809-7.gif

*hird on the left ASADA/The Courts on the right.
1314959217_spinning_tray_revenge.gif

Lucky *hird had that million dollar pay day. Gonna need every penny.

Just waiting for Little to turf the *hird

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22799-1405693809-7.gif

We have entered the Twilight Zone on the * Board again - apparently the reason Hirdashian lost his appeal is that traitor David Evans fault. * me - it really is an upside world over there!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age..Baum...

The message to Hird from the courts could not have been clearer if it was accompanied by the banging of a gavel: stop.
This column never argued that Hird should not have gone to court. Every citizen has that right, to the extent that he has the doggedness, wherewithal and strength of his own conviction. Perhaps the maddest moment in this whole saga was when intimations emerged from Essendon that the club would move against Hird if he persevered with his appeal. It was a threat the club never could have made good.
Inside the club and out, it was argued that Hird's relentless legal pursuit would distract the players and undermine the Bombers' mission. Hird's counter was that he was doing it on behalf of the players. If he won, so did they, because the whole investigation would be invalidated.
But he lost, decisively. All those keen legal minds, all that money, plus the money now owing to ASADA. And if anything, the appeals court judges were stronger even than Justice Middleton: it's over.
One avenue remains for Hird, to the High Court. He has 28 days to seek leave to take his case there. But he could not claim now that he is going on for the sake of the players. By the time a High Court appeal could be heard and judgment made, the anti-doping case against the players will be long finished, and the sentences – if any – probably served. Hird would be proceeding for his own sake.
Essendon is back on track, in all senses. The club is making a big effort in their every endeavour. Hird has stared down his many critics, internal and external, and is directing the show. Football clubs are famous for their selective memories and pragmatism. The new season is fast approaching, and the Bombers have much to do, foremost to draw up contingency plans in case of mass suspensions when the tribunal finally arrives at verdicts. The coach would have his work cut out then.
Hird is believed to be overseas. The first intimations on Friday were that he will not try to proceed to the High Court, that he will accept that this crusade is finished.
But no one should underestimate the primal force that has driven Hird these past two infamous years. It was apparent on day one, when he declared that all would see that Essendon was in a good place when all the facts were known. It was apparent as he faced up to media day after day outside his house. It was in his every utterance, in court documents, in his sworn evidence, in his body language as well as English. It is Hird's unshakeable and unwavering belief that much more than he is the wrong-doer, he is the wronged.
Surely there is a court somewhere that will see that ...

He's actually mentally deficient.
Articles like that must give encouragement to our very own Spitta2Azza and Marksup whose standards of sports journalism already make Robbo's work look like the scribbles you would find in a kindergarten for the terminally braindead.

Positions Vacant: Senior Football Writer at major tabloid newspaper...research skills, logic, commonsense, grammatical ability and sobriety not required

So let me collect my thoughts.

The AFL organises Tird to "take his medicine" for due diligence offences.
Tird and * sneakily cheat (yet again) by gifting Tird $1M in a different year using a loop hole.
* want to sack Tird but timidly panic when he threatens them with unfair dismissal litigation.
Tird and Witchipoo take their implausible loop-hole hunting smokescreen case to the courts despite * imploring them not to.
They lose Thompson in the crossfire.
Then Tird gifts the * $1M back to the courts after losing the appeal.

Karma. Cue the Benny Hill music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back