Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The priorities and attitudes of people on this thread REALLY stagger me sometimes. The important things get lost in the minutiae of totally useless details.

I can say, hand-on-(ahem)-heart, that I have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA what music was playing during my first lap dance. I was busy concentrating on other things at the time............

.......... like not falling off the stage for a start.......

Move to the 1st lap dance thread. Now running at 2374 pages.

******* 3 meetings on Tuesday. These people have no clue what day it is.

The hammer is coming down on those flogs

Thor-Hammer-Slam-to-Ground.gif

Now for something completely ridiculous... Bruce Francis lol

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slele5

'The most malicious article written on the whole saga'

Well, looks like I wasn't too far off on it being an attack piece on Hird and other Essendon leaders if he's interpreting it that way. I could have sworn he's read Caro's articles though, they are as emotive as * compared to the Crawford article. The man is legit losing it though. I mean, I thought people were kind of joking around about him going crazy and being unwell, but that twitlonger is actually kind of concerning.

Is this the first case of Kool Aid OD? Will there be more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the anticipation of Tue 31 Mar, let's not forget that it's only the guilty/not guilty verdict.

I'm assuming it'll be guilty, but the really interesting thing will be the penalty. Will it be six months, meaning their first game back is against us on a Friday night?

For all the anticipation of Tue 31 Mar, let's not forget that it's only the guilty/not guilty verdict.

I'm assuming it'll be guilty, but the really interesting thing will be the penalty. Will it be six months, meaning their first game back is against us on a Friday night?

The kicker with the situation is that if they're found guilty they are instantly on forced suspension, and then it will take some time for penalties to be decided. I'd laugh if it took them over a month (remember they're dealing with the Crowley stuff next!) to give them a slap on the wrist that would have otherwise seen them back straight away.

The kicker with the situation is that if they're found guilty they are instantly on forced suspension, and then it will take some time for penalties to be decided. I'd laugh if it took them over a month (remember they're dealing with the Crowley stuff next!) to give them a slap on the wrist that would have otherwise seen them back straight away.
How political will the penalties be? Not from an AFL point of view, but a pragmatic point of view?

At what point might penalties be too short and see ASADA or WADA appeal? At what point might penalties be too long and see *essendon appeal?

Are there players who may get treated leniently because they cooperated (in their testimonies) or should we treat the legal shenanigans as evidence that they've been 'hostile' the whole way through?

Is it possible that non-*essendon players such as Monfries and Crameri, or ex-player have been more forthcoming as they don't have a club to protect and are therefore treated differentially?

Unsure if you guys are aware, but channels 7 & 9 are both placing the 2015 debuts of Talking Footy and Footy Classified on this Tuesday due to the judgement being handed down. Not only that, but they are placing them in prime-time, with Talking Footy at 6:30 and Footy Classified at 8:00.

Unsure if you guys are aware, but channels 7 & 9 are both placing the 2015 debuts of Talking Footy and Footy Classified on this Tuesday due to the judgement being handed down. Not only that, but they are placing them in prime-time, with Talking Footy at 6:30 and Footy Classified at 8:00.
Hopefully with Hird on to face the music.

How political will the penalties be? Not from an AFL point of view, but a pragmatic point of view?

At what point might penalties be too short and see ASADA or WADA appeal? At what point might penalties be too long and see *essendon appeal?

Are there players who may get treated leniently because they cooperated (in their testimonies) or should we treat the legal shenanigans as evidence that they've been 'hostile' the whole way through?

Is it possible that non-*essendon players such as Monfries and Crameri, or ex-player have been more forthcoming as they don't have a club to protect and are therefore treated differentially?

Honestly, anything could happen. I think ASADA/WADA will appeal anything 6 months or shorter ESPECIALLY if it's backdated. Supposedly that was the type of deal on offer earlier (although I suspect that was smoke and mirrors, with Gil/Gordon brainstorming and trying to secure a deal between ASADA and the players). Essendon will assumedly appeal ANY guilty verdict. If players have been found to have been doped by the club, the avenue for legal recourse becomes scarily real for the club, and I think it would also affect the clubs insurance (all the legal fees they've paid/not-paid so far). There was a rumour a month or so ago that a player had 'turned' on the club and everyone else in order to try and get a lesser sentence. There is a real possibility of there being a multitude of different suspension lengths.

I could easily be wrong on some of these points, but reading between the lines and vindictiveness of the HTB for the last few months, that's my gut feel about the different ways things might fall.

IMO if any player is found guilty, then Essendon itself is farked big time. The last 2 years will seem like back to back premiership seasons comparatively.

EDIT: I think one thing being overlooked is the backdating of suspensions. I don't think ASADA or WADA will take kindly to that, given that the players have been at the club training the entire time, which in my mind is not how a provisional suspension should work. That might just be me projecting though.

I think one thing being overlooked is the backdating of suspensions. I don't think ASADA or WADA will take kindly to that, given that the players have been at the club training the entire time, which in my mind is not how a provisional suspension should work. That might just be me projecting though.
Apparently suspension periods for team sports don't take account of pre-season/season proper. So if, for example, a six month suspension is handed down it gets backdated to when the provisional suspension started (October?). That's the whole reason they didn't play in the NAB Challenge - because the clock would have started all over again and they'd miss the whole season if, for example, it is a six month suspension.

If you work back from the two year maximum, the first basis for a reduction would be the issue of intentionality. In this case the players not knowingly doing it. That automatically reduces it. After that, things like levels of cooperation with investigators and we don't know what has happened here.

If they are found guilty, then the issue of deliberate systematic doping by the club opens back up again, beyond penalties for poor governance.

Long story, short? This thread will live a long and healthy life.

Honestly, anything could happen. I think ASADA/WADA will appeal anything 6 months or shorter ESPECIALLY if it's backdated. Supposedly that was the type of deal on offer earlier (although I suspect that was smoke and mirrors, with Gil/Gordon brainstorming and trying to secure a deal between ASADA and the players). Essendon will assumedly appeal ANY guilty verdict. If players have been found to have been doped by the club, the avenue for legal recourse becomes scarily real for the club, and I think it would also affect the clubs insurance (all the legal fees they've paid/not-paid so far). There was a rumour a month or so ago that a player had 'turned' on the club and everyone else in order to try and get a lesser sentence. There is a real possibility of there being a multitude of different suspension lengths.

I could easily be wrong on some of these points, but reading between the lines and vindictiveness of the HTB for the last few months, that's my gut feel about the different ways things might fall.

IMO if any player is found guilty, then Essendon itself is farked big time. The last 2 years will seem like back to back premiership seasons comparatively.

EDIT: I think one thing being overlooked is the backdating of suspensions. I don't think ASADA or WADA will take kindly to that, given that the players have been at the club training the entire time, which in my mind is not how a provisional suspension should work. That might just be me projecting though.
* won't be able to appeal any guilty finding, that will be up to each individual player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back