Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this whole saga*, l've come to the belief the club has dug itself a large hole that it can't get out of and instead of digging up (dig up stupid) and admitting guilt, they continue to dig themselves into a bigger whole that threatens to destroy *.

All for the love of dirty hirdy.

"Another club president, who did not want to be named, said club presidents agreed there were three issues now confronting the league out of the Essendon saga: what would happen to the players; the impact on the integrity of the game and the costs to the game; and the impact on the survival of Essendon." :D

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...a-drags-on-20140922-10kj0r.html#ixzz3E6KnC1hw

Slap in the face:

The clubs' concerns for the game as a consequence of Essendon's behaviour and supporter disenchantment through season 2014 were reflected in data revealed by AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan, who delivered a presentation to clubs outlining Essendon as the most significant single cause of damage to the AFL brand.

McLachlan spent considerable time in his slide presentation dwelling on the AFL's brand and he showed a slide that suggested that 50 per cent of the damage to the AFL brand this year was caused by the Essendon saga. The remaining damage had been through a combination of issues such as scheduling, fixtures and costs.

Ouch.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...yers-association/story-fni5f6kv-1227066821684

ASADA to present evidence to Essendon players after requests from AFL Players Association
  • Michael Warner and Grant Baker
  • Herald Sun
  • September 23, 2014 10:12AM
Ads By Google
Essendon loses ASADA court battle
external

821350-c5b51af0-4229-11e4-9fcd-2dc30e9f71be.jpg

Essendon players remain united in fighting doping claims.

TIM Watson has bristled at calls for Essendon, and the 34 players facing show-cause notices, to cut a deal and carry the “stain of being a drug cheat”.

The former Essendon great, and father of Bombers’ captain Jobe, said the club should not accept blame without further evidence to suit the AFL and ASADA.

Evidence surrounding the use of the banned drug Thymosin beta-4 at Essendon in 2012 will be presented to the 34 former and current Bombers players facing doping charges.

“Why would anyone, anyone admit guilt and carry a stain of being a drug cheat just so this goes away and can be convenient for people,” Watson told SEN’s Morning Glory this morning.

“No one is over this Essendon supplements scandal more than the players, the families of the players, and the Essendon Football Club.

“But that doesn’t mean as some would suggest just take a deal so it can all end and we can all get on with our lives.”

WHO’LL COACH THE BOMBERS NEXT YEAR? LISTEN TO THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE SUPERFOOTY PODCAST BELOW OR CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE IN ITUNES

Watson said the AFL contributed to Essendon being punished last year so as not to interfere with the finals series, while ASADA “dragged its feet” during the probe.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority will agree to present the players with parts of its case against them after repeated requests from the AFL Players’ Association.

But no action from the anti-doping body will be taken until Essendon and James Hird make a call this week on whether to appeal Friday’s Federal Court verdict.

“Players continue to take the view that they have done nothing wrong and, despite numerous requests, players have not been provided with any evidence to suggest otherwise,” AFLPA chief executive Paul Marsh said.

Essendon Bombers star Paddy Ryder requests release
external

“This matter has already severely disrupted two AFL seasons and taken an enormous toll on the players involved.

“As such, the players want this matter to proceed as soon as possible. For this to happen ASADA needs to provide the evidence it has and we call on them to do so urgently. Contrary to media reports and speculation, the players remain steadfast in their position that they are not looking to resolve this matter through a ‘deal’ with ASADA.”

The AFLPA contacted the majority of the 34 players yesterday to brief them on the ramifications of Justice John Middleton’s ruling. Bombers chairman Paul Little fronted a meeting of club bosses and AFL chiefs but was not grilled on the ongoing saga.

A group of prominent Essendon members is aiming to play a role in rebuilding the club and hopes to gain a voice on the board later this year.

They believe a bloody coup can be avoided. Two or more board positions will become available ahead of this year’s annual general meeting in late November. Would-be directors must make their intentions known at least 35 days before the AGM.

Hird disappointed for Essendon players
external

Former AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said he felt vindicated by Justice Middleton’s decision. “Our team spent a hell of a lot of time on the process to make sure that it was always legal. On Friday you heard pretty much the same from Justice Middleton,” Demetriou told a city lunch yesterday. “For everyone’s concern, particularly the Essendon players and the public, the matters need to be brought to the end. I’m sure there’ll be some dialogue going on at the moment about how you can bring this whole sorry saga to an end, particularly if you care for the players.

“Organisations, clubs are always bigger than the individual. You should always put the interests of the whole first and foremost.”

Murray Browne, the father of Bombers player Alex Browne, said his son had been let down by the club. “As a family our main issue has been to support Alex through it,” Browne said.

“He’s OK, and unfortunately we’re just waiting for the end (of the process) to happen.

“We feel a bit let down by the whole governance factor of the club. He’s OK but there’s a slight uncertainty about the future and his health, and there shouldn’t be any uncertainty.”

What annoys me about Tim Watsons comments today is this...
He says that ASADA need to show the evidence to the players and then they could determine how they want to plea.... How bout you piss off Tim!!! The players should have to bloody decide whether they want to plead guilty or not BEFORE this "evidence" is tabled!!! It's like Fyfe pleading not guilty at the tribunal for striking Lewis because he meant to hit him in the chest and missed and got him in the head, and then when the tribunal rejected his claim he then tried to plead guilty after the decision was made. Either plead out now and take your wack, or if you are deluded enough to think that they have no proof and you are wrong, enjoy a 2 year ban!

Well if the players did nothing wrong, just show ASADA the records of what they took in what quantities, on what dates.

What? You mean to say they were involved in an innovative program to see what improvements they could make by taking certain harmless and totally legal supplements? But no-one kept a record of what the players were given, and how it improved their performance?

Who told you that story? A leprechaun, or the tooth fairy?

Well if the players did nothing wrong, just show ASADA the records of what they took in what quantities, on what dates.

What? You mean to say they were involved in an innovative program to see what improvements they could make by taking certain harmless and totally legal supplements? But no-one kept a record of what the players were given, and how it improved their performance?

Who told you that story? A leprechaun, or the tooth fairy?
Exactly!!!

God I hope ASADA come out and just * s**t up with some seriously irrefutable evidence. So damning that it contains direct proof of players knowingly injecting Tb4 into themselves. So damning that there is no way they can receive anything less than the full 2 years. If brisbane are a victim in this by trading in ryder* well they'll just have to wear it. As for the needle fearing lad, come on down!!!1

My previous analogy of 'infringement notices' is relevant here. The infraction notice is like receiving a 'speeding fine' in the mail.

The police make a claim you did the wrong thing. No evidence is provided. You can pay up if you think you did the wrong thing, or take the matter to court and demand the evidence. The latter may end up being more expensive and 'drawn out'. Or you could get off. Your choice.

The * players have the option of 'fessing up' and copping potentially a smaller suspension, or demanding the evidence and risk a longer suspension. I don't mind the * players asking to see the evidence but I'm not familiar with the standard protocols/procedures.

Either way I think *they're rooted as I can't see them not to have taken any banned substances or failed to adhere to the ASADA code.

My previous analogy of 'infringement notices' is relevant here. The infraction notice is like receiving a 'speeding fine' in the mail.

The police make a claim you did the wrong thing. No evidence is provided. You can pay up if you think you did the wrong thing, or take the matter to court and demand the evidence. The latter may end up being more expensive and 'drawn out'. Or you could get off. Your choice.

The * players have the option of 'fessing up' and copping potentially a smaller suspension, or demanding the evidence and risk a longer suspension. I don't mind the * players asking to see the evidence but I'm not familiar with the standard protocols/procedures.

Either way I think *they're rooted as I can't see them not to have taken any banned substances or failed to adhere to the ASADA code.

That's a pretty good analogy, however I have one rider - if you get the speeding fine, you can pay up or you can also send the cops evidence that they have got it all wrong. E.g you can sign the statement on the back dobbing someone else in as the driver, or that you've sold the car to someone else or whatever.

That's what the *players can do here - if they can respond to the show cause notice by giving ASADA clear evidence that they weren't doped, then it is all over. I can only conclude from the fact they are asking for ASADA's evidence rather than doing this, and from the continual statements out of * that while they don't know what was used, they believe it wasn't banned, that they simply can't do this.

Therefore as far as I am concerned we are basically moving past this point and onto referring the matter to the ADRVP to consider the evidence (including any player evidence and the player's responses to ASADA's evidence) and decide whether to put the players on the register of findings. Cool. Finally. Well at least once * and *Hird get off the pot and give up on a ridiculous appeal of Middleton's masterpiece.

Last edited:
Love it, every time some like Timmy Watson comes out with statements like its the AFL's fault or ASADA "dragging thier feet" shows how blindly loyal they are to Hird. * are so stupid they don't even realise how far into the hole they have dug. Love it! wish i could hand * some earth moving equipment.

DIG UP STUPID

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing about *rines is that I responded to just one post of hers and she never came back. And I was really, really nice to her too.
I even wished her* a happy birthday. Macca* too, he* never responded back.

While I agree with Tim Watson* regarding the players not taking an early plea to "make it go away as quickly as possible" he then contradicts himself saying that ASADA needs to hurry up and table the evidence so that the players can make their plea.

Why should ASADA have to hurry anything? They're the ones that were found within a court of law to be undertaking correct processes, unlike a certain other club*/company*.

You could add : the wife jumps up and tells the judge you shouldn't be fined, because another driver had flashed his lights as a warning just a few minutes before you went past the speed camera.

The sad thing about *rines is that I responded to just one post of hers and she never came back. And I was really, really nice to her too.
I even wished her* a happy birthday. Macca* too, he* never responded back.

So was it one of you two who got her over here? :D
I heard from one of the regulars that she was going on some posting bender in this thread and I missed it all (being away).
I do recall someone earlier this year saying "Get Rines over here".

Hey mxett, get rines over here.

Took long enough! :thumbsu:

I heard from one of the regulars that she was going on some posting bender in this thread and I missed it all (being away).

It was someone else and l joined in, she didn't reply to any of posting.

Same as Kangaroos4eva. I just joined in and provided *her with a quick summary of just a few problems over there at *druggieland, the place also known as the *essendon fc. Dunno why *she didn't like my post. I was only trying to clear up one or two misconceptions that *she was labouring under. You just can't help some people sometimes can you.

Just caught up with the recent musings of the good folk of *-Town.

Seems rines has been on a stupidity rampage for the last 24 hours.

Reckon this was probably my favourite bit......

2 years in and we are ALL still none the wiser as to whether a player was inadvertently given a banned substance, deliberately took a banned substance or didn't take a banned substance.

And then a mere two sentences later....

If ASADA want to continue with a flimsy, circumstantial case.. then It will take a long time to finish.. if they want to do the right thing and clear the players..then it will be over quite quickly.

Yes, I think the expression I'm looking for here is 'derp'.

Possibly 'herp derp'.

Woman never watched a Spike Lee Joint in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back