Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
True but somewhat disingenuous. Sydney effectively dumped Taylor for breaching covid lockdown rules. The DV occurred whilst suspended for this and receiving no assistance or support at all from the club - despite his obvious needs.
He had more than enough support mate, despite what his manager whined about.

He had more than enough support mate, despite what his manager whined about.
He, and his manager and lawyer disagree.

He also took aim at the Swans, accusing them of leaving Taylor to fend for himself in Perth when he was suspended. “There was no welfare, there was no assistance, there was nothing,” the lawyer said.

Reckon he will have to do a year in a state league first and be a cleanskin before any AFL clubs looks at him.

Don't think we'll see him play AFL again.

Will be interesting to see if the AFL warns clubs off.

As we all have to mind our p's and q's with the influence of the women folk now, it would something to welcome back a repeat DV offender.

Will be interesting to see if the AFL warns clubs off.

As we all have to mind our p's and q's with the influence of the women folk now, it would something to welcome back a repeat DV offender.

The proliferation of AFLW clubs has changed these things a bit and it will be hard to sell this type of redemption story. Even more so when there will always be incredible doubt about him being a changed man, considering he was doing this s**t WHILE suspended and completing the respect and responsibility courses and just lied through his teeth to everyone. It just makes a mockery of everything.

Brave by North. Only took repeated incidents and what seems like direction from the AFL to sack him. What a sad state of affairs. What poor leadership

The fact that Thomas was allowed to play 12 games of AFL level football last season shows that North were never serious about this until given no choice.

I think I would take Sonja's leadership over any of you. The easy choice is to cut someone and take no responsibility for them afterwards, who cares if they fall part, hey. A structured environment is one of the best ways to help someone rehabilitate. North gave him that opportunity. He has shown that he didn't want to take that opportunity and now it is gone.

I think I would take Sonja's leadership over any of you. The easy choice is to cut someone and take no responsibility for them afterwards, who cares if they fall part, hey. A structured environment is one of the best ways to help someone rehabilitate. North gave him that opportunity. He has shown that he didn't want to take that opportunity and now it is gone.

Alternatively;

Do what they’ve just done and cut him but with full access to club welfare and medical programs.

Alternatively;

Do what they’ve just done and cut him but with full access to club welfare and medical programs.

That is what they have done now. But what he won’t have is the team environment and the day in day out influences. Modelling behaviour is often more effective than just teaching someone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You miss the fact that they could have done all that without playing him at AFL level barely 3 months after he couldn't even do the bare minimum and complete a tailored 'respect for women' course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He, and his manager and lawyer disagree.

He also took aim at the Swans, accusing them of leaving Taylor to fend for himself in Perth when he was suspended. “There was no welfare, there was no assistance, there was nothing,” the lawyer said.
No welfare No assistance is what he deserved, he wasn't the victim he was the culprit.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wanted to. Being under contract meant it didn’t happen.

You weren’t alone however. Geelong and Collingwood also met with him.

Seemingly no one cared about his domestic violence issues then.

Don’t think anyone will care now either.
Lol contracted players get traded all the time. After meeting the bloke it went exactly nowhere with any of those clubs - who knows why. Maybe North would have asked too much, maybe it was obvious he was a flaming d!ckhead with behavioural issues and clubs aren't keen on that.

Yes because lawyers are bastions of the truth when advocating for a client
I won't have the good name of lawyers besmirched on this most truthful board. You might as well have a go at the integrity of their good mates, the Good Bloke Real Estate Agent!

I think it’s interesting that North fans believe he’ll be picked up by another club and pulled into line.

Surely that means the current North leadership haven’t done enough to rehabilitate Thomas properly? It seems like their approach was to get him back to playing football as quick as possible, sweeping the actual issues under the rug. If another club could possibly take Thomas in and turn him around then what are Hood and Clarkson doing? They have failed in their roles.

Will go down with Harley Bennell as one of the biggest wastes of talent to go down the drain due to off field issues.

I hope Thomas can sort his s**t out and make something of his life. I hope the has the support network away from the AFL to actually do it.

I think it’s interesting that North fans believe he’ll be picked up by another club and pulled into line.

Surely that means the current North leadership haven’t done enough to rehabilitate Thomas properly? It seems like their approach was to get him back to playing football as quick as possible, sweeping the actual issues under the rug. If another club could possibly take Thomas in and turn him around then what are Hood and Clarkson doing? They have failed in their roles.
Maybe TT just isn't mature enough yet to accept the help he has been given?

Maybe TT just isn't mature enough yet to accept the help he has been given?
Obviously North and AFL have done alot to try to get him to do the right thing.
Perhaps he needed more telling off/ guidance from team-mates.. I don't think many North players have kids.
Maybe an older playing list somehow will help/ make him do the right thing.
I wonder what the marngrook footy show will say about Tarryn.
Chris Johnson looks like a good mentor to me.

Will go down with Harley Bennell as one of the biggest wastes of talent to go down the drain due to off field issues.

I hope Thomas can sort his s**t out and make something of his life. I hope the has the support network away from the AFL to actually do it.
Bennells major issues were injuries though.

Bennells major issues were injuries though.

no it wasn't.

Staying away from the booze was his problem. And the occasional nose clam.

His injury run started AFTER he was caught several times on the piss when he shouldn't have been at Gold Coast and was traded to Fremantle.

Nah he's more trouble than he's worth. North should move him on and let him be someone elses problem.
Good player but absolute peanut of a bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back