Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd have gained more culturally if we came out stating 'we're not interested in a priority pick even if it's on the table'

(Then engineer the best possible compo for Frawley leaving...)
This might be their intention with the PP application.

Maybe they expect to be knocked back but think they can put pressure on for Frawley band1 if we're knocked back again with the PP, who knows?

Maybe they expect to be knocked back but think they can put pressure on for Frawley band1 if we're knocked back again with the PP, who knows?

If that's the case, I'd rather those talks happen behind closed doors rather than coming out with a statement saying we're lodged an application for a PP.

Yep, AFL likes doing these facing saving things this way. Give us our Frawley pick and we'll gladly STFU.

If that's the case, I'd rather those talks happen behind closed doors rather than coming out with a statement saying we're lodged an application for a PP.
If they're applying it would only get out anyway, we'd just be branded sneaky tankers rather than plain old tankers by the idiots if we didn't disclose it.

I understand where you are coming from though.

Yep, AFL likes doing these facing saving things this way. Give us our Frawley pick and we'll gladly STFU.
Correct. It's one big game - you either play it or you lose.

Every saga, every club interest. The gloves between clubs have been off for years. Dog eat dog and all that. No smoke, no mirrors just send in the application and the AFL can weigh it all up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a farce that clubs even have to ask. It's not like the league would have to scan through the records of 100 clubs to work out which ones are the disasters. It should be a case of "don't call us, we'll call you".

If nothing else at least we're giving fans of other s**t clubs who have nothing left to enjoy over the last couple of weeks a new lease of life as they cry their eyes out at us applying.

Remember Roosys speech to the players at the start of the year, something along the lines of "I'm not waiting for anyone else to come through that door - you are it".

Funny what this club does to people.

Bails said wed be competitive. We were not.

Neeld wanted us to be "the hardest team to play against". We were the easiest team to play against.

Roosy had faith in the list. Now positioning himself for a 'Blight at Adelaide' style list overhaul.

This club.

I have to laugh at all the Saints supporters crying out that they deserve a PP more than we do.
It's apples and oranges the reasons both out clubs are down the bottom. You could argue your team has had the draft picks and has issues with recruiting the right players and developing them to their full potential, and the saints were considering short term and not looking to the future.

The solution for st kilda is to wait, we need draft picks but we wasted them 5 years ago on trades that didn't work out.

I don't see how one extra pick after the many you have had will have any impact on the team.

It's probably time to just accept the fact that we're crap and be radical.

Watts - Cracking bloke, best kick on the list, decent player. Fact is though that he just cops too much attention and it's damaging us. Surely it'd be good for both parties to have a clean break up and send him to be a star at a better club.

Howe - I know he gets kids through the door, but as Super pointed out we are absolutely Miller-ing him by throwing him around the ground and not letting him settle. Would net us a good pick.

Frawley - We didn't need this woodywonty from someone who has been paid very well. Took away from much of our early form. Let him go, take the pick.

Toumpas - If Port offer their first pick, do we take it and wish him well? I know he can only get better and all, but would we be better off with some ready made kid like Pickett or Weller from day dot?

Blease, Strauss, Tapscott - Sorry boys, but it's time to finish off Prendegasts work and say goodbye. Fancy having one ******* player from the 07-09 drafts on the list (pick 1x2, pick 2, pick 4, pick 14, pick 17, pick 18, pick 19).

It's probably time to just accept the fact that we're crap and be radical.

Watts - Cracking bloke, best kick on the list, decent player. Fact is though that he just cops too much attention and it's damaging us. Surely it'd be good for both parties to have a clean break up and send him to be a star at a better club.

Howe - I know he gets kids through the door, but as Super pointed out we are absolutely Miller-ing him by throwing him around the ground and not letting him settle. Would net us a good pick.

Frawley - We didn't need this woodywonty from someone who has been paid very well. Took away from much of our early form. Let him go, take the pick.

Toumpas - If Port offer their first pick, do we take it and wish him well? I know he can only get better and all, but would we be better off with some ready made kid like Pickett or Weller from day dot?

Blease, Strauss, Tapscott - Sorry boys, but it's time to finish off Prendegasts work and say goodbye. Fancy having one ******* player from the 07-09 drafts on the list (pick 1x2, pick 2, pick 4, pick 14, pick 17, pick 18, pick 19).

Agree with all of this, right down to the use of Brad Miller as a verb.

Further to that, bring in ROK, Malceski and Sewell to help lead the cultural change from each end of the ground.

Jones captain
Cross, ROK, Mal, Viney, Sewell leadership group with Jack being groomed as next captain.

Further to that, bring in ROK, Malceski and Sewell to help lead the cultural change from each end of the ground

Jones captain
Cross, ROK, Mal, Viney, Sewell leadership group with Jack being groomed as next captain.

Im all for this sort of thing now, We need to work at getting away from the bottom before we start planning for finals and s**t
The way we play ROK and Sewells lack of leg speed wont matter anyway because we dont run
Play these blokes over the mid ranger fillers and get the kids to learn off them

Something has to change. This is un -f*cking- acceptable. What's happened? This last 1/3 of the season has been shocking.

Identify the players who don't refuse to work hard enough (ALL season) and/or don't have the mental capacity to play at senior level (ALL season), and trade or cull them. I don't care who they are anymore. We continue down this path, and the club dies.

I only expected around 5 wins this year, but it's the way they've gone about it for the last 1/3 of the year. No excuses anymore. None.

F'n pathetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back