The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Butters and Rozee how many top quality players do Port have?
Not many. They have a decent midfield, but nothing else and they didn't rectify that in the trade period. I mean, they tried, but they brought in spuds.

Not many. They have a decent midfield, but nothing else and they didn't rectify that in the trade period. I mean, they tried, but they brought in spuds.
JHF will be a star but he’s still quite raw. They have two genuine A graders on their list. Could make a case for Houston but he’s probably not in the top 100 players in the comp and is a flanker. Grim.

He lasted 3 quarters and finished with 15 disposals.

In hindsight, you probably don't play him. It's not like he went down 30 seconds in though.

Rozee was the least of their problems from last night.

It’s not so much that Rozee lasted 3 quarters, more so that he will probably now miss the Geelong game, which is a game he would have played if he wasn’t risked last night. And who knows if he will just miss the one game and not multiple games. Rushing players back rarely works out.

It’s not so much that Rozee lasted 3 quarters, more so that he will probably now miss the Geelong game, which is a game he would have played if he wasn’t risked last night. And who knows if he will just miss the one game and not multiple games. Rushing players back rarely works out.
Right and who's to say he doesn't do that hamstring in the first quarter against Geelong?

Hinkley would've got the medical report, discussed the options/pros/cons of playing him and made a decision from there.

Like I said, focusing on that just hides the real issues from last night for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right and who's to say he doesn't do that hamstring in the first quarter against Geelong?

Hinkley would've got the medical report, discussed the options/pros/cons of playing him and made a decision from there.

Like I said, focusing on that just hides the real issues from last night for Port.

No one is suggesting that wasn’t a possibility. Ken Hinkley’s own words, “It's no worse, but it's the same issue, which suggests to me that if he had the week off, he would be better the next week," the Power coach said.

Rozee had a hamstring injury last week and he played 6 days later. I only posted how Hinkley said he’s not a coward and can own a mistake by saying he is a coward because he thought his club couldn’t win without Rozee. I am sure Port have many issues.

Note how Cornes outright called for Bevo to be sacked (the day they thumped St Kilda) but says crickets about Hinkley because Ken saved his career and got him to 300 games.

Note how Cornes outright called for Bevo to be sacked (the day they thumped St Kilda) but says crickets about Hinkley because Ken saved his career and got him to 300 games.

Crickets? He's been pushing the Carr succession for weeks now.

Bevo's been outstaying his welcome for years now. Hasn't even made top 4 with the Dogs, Ken makes top 4 regularly.

Plus his brother is the forwards coach (that’s going well) and he wants to stay in the clubs good books.

Bevo's been outstaying his welcome for years now. Hasn't even made top 4 with the Dogs, Ken makes top 4 regularly.

Kane was very critical of idea the succession plan when it came out saying it undermined Ken.

He was a joke this morning on radio, constantly tying himself in knots. He loses a lot of credibility when it comes to Port, and you can tell he knows it too.

Bevo's time is up but he has a flag and a runner up.
Not remotely comparable to Ken who's been there longer with no GF appearances.

Plus his brother is the forwards coach (that’s going well) and he wants to stay in the clubs good books.

Kane was very critical of idea the succession plan when it came out saying it undermined Ken.

He was a joke this morning on radio, constantly tying himself in knots. He loses a lot of credibility when it comes to Port, and you can tell he knows it too.

Hm, I just listened to the segment on the Port game and I don't think he was wrong about too much. Ken regularly gets Port to the top 4/finals so there's no real rush getting rid of him this season. Didn't they have your Director of Football or whoever on last week who went off at both King and Cornes because of their view on the succession plan as even existing? Doesn't strike me as someone trying to stay in their good books.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back