The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially considering you kicked 0.1 for the quarter. Not exactly sure where you were all of a sudden pulling a goal from.

Teams can tighten up when they have a dwindling lead and finally find the trigger to respond when they actually lose the lead. We saw a reasonably similar situation for Cats v the Saints where they got smashed in the second half until their lead was almost non-existent then pulled away again. It's all hypotheticals though, I just find it funny people talk about it as a fact that the goal review cost Crows finals.

Imagine re-signing a coach who has never played finals and is coming off a shitshow of a performance.

Although I suspect he was already signed and they announced it as a "good news" story after last weekend.

I thought he had you ahead of schedule or at least on schedule. Your list is still pretty average imo but you play a great brand of footy when it clicks, really aggressive and hard to live with - the type that would hold up well in finals. You lost a lot of tight games against the top teams last year which shows you can hang with the best, you just need to work on your game management which I’m sure they would have in the off season.

I hope you’re right and you’re s**t this year but I thought your trajectory was pretty good under Nicks so far.

What happened?
Wood went for mark, hit his head on his teammate and then hit it on the ground.
Started convulsing pretty badly, play was stopped more than 5 minutes. Difficult to watch

Then the commentators rambled about Daicos best first 50 games ever and Pendlebury's basketball background

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started convulsing pretty badly, play was stopped more than 5 minutes. Difficult to watch

Then the commentators rambled about Daicos best first 50 games ever and Pendlebury's basketball background

I meant with Bevo and Macrae.

Pendlebury has a basketball background? FMD never knew.

when it comes to nicks I think he has done pretty good. steady progress in terms of wins and performance, not always going to agree with everything he does but that's pretty much impossible. It's tough to break through because there are probably about 12 or some clubs that are in the same boat as being at least pretty good. Plus who replaces him? It would just be another rookie coach most likely and it all starts up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back