The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Wright was just instinctive moment that he got wrong ..nothing to do with message

One of the first questions to Scott in the presser was along the lines of whether his message about being more physical led to the Wright incident so I'm clearly not alone in connecting the two.

While true. Funny coming from the most punchable face in football

Nah nah it was just two isolated incidents, the Bombers weren't trying to be tough guys all game at all.

While he has a punchable face, Papley is a surprisingly fair player. Just because he gets pumped up and gets in players faces, I actually don't know if he's ever even been reported?

wright will probably get a couple of weeks but really was more unfortunate than anything else. braced for impact at the last second and was unlucky to get cunningham in the head. outside of draper being late to that contest dont think there was anything too outwardly aggressive

One of the first questions to Scott in the presser was along the lines of whether his message about being more physical led to the Wright incident so I'm clearly not alone in connecting the two.
Did Tom Brown make a comeback?

Nah nah it was just two isolated incidents, the Bombers weren't trying to be tough guys all game at all.

While he has a punchable face, Papley is a surprisingly fair player. Just because he gets pumped up and gets in players faces, I actually don't know if he's ever even been reported?
Oh poor Tommy. Did he mention his own team’s cheap shots? The spiking by you and Swans fans on main board is tonight is laughable. You even mentioned Parker Shiel as a possible motive. On boy! Enjoy your and stop your sooking

Did Tom Brown make a comeback?

Oh poor Tommy. Did he mention his own team’s cheap shots? The spiking by you and Swans fans on main board is tonight is laughable. You even mentioned Parker Shiel as a possible motive. On boy! Enjoy your and stop your sooking

I made the comments during the game before the win, and the only thing I've brought up post game was a question at the presser that showed I wasn't alone in making a connection.

Someone else posted Papley's comments and I made a comment on his own record because he supposedly has a 'punchable head'. Not quite sure what you think you're reading.

You posted this in reply to the Papley post. So you’re implying that Papley’s comments validate your view or invalidate mine who you’re mocking what I said earlier. I’m saying they don’t.

You posted this in reply to the Papley post. So you’re implying that Papley’s comments validate your view or invalidate mine who you’re mocking what I said earlier. I’m saying they don’t.

Lol ok.

Just kinda funny to spend the whole game denying that the players are putting on a tough guy act, then when a player comes out and says the same thing and a question gets asked by a journo suggesting that Scott's comments during the week played a part, it's sooking after the game. You could just admit your players were wannabe tough guys and it backfired. Or just take the loss and move on. Instead of playing some weird 'I have to have the last word' game.

Just kinda funny to spend the whole game denying that the players are putting on a tough guy act, then when a player comes out and says the same thing and a question gets asked by a journo suggesting that Scott's comments during the week played a part, it's sooking after the game. You could just admit your players were wannabe tough guys and it backfired. Or just take the loss and move on. Instead of playing some weird 'I have to have the last word' game.
Scott said Wright is and has always been a ball player since he was a kid so who cares what a journo thought. And the irony of you saying I’m playing some weird last word game. FMD…and here you go again for one last shot…extraordinary stuff

Scott said Wright is and has always been a ball player since he was a kid so who cares what a journo thought. And the irony of you saying I’m playing some weird last word game. FMD…and here you go again for one last shot…extraordinary stuff

It was a question from a journo ffs, I'm not saying it was fact, I'm pointing out I wasn't alone in making the connection.

Extraordinary stuff! I commented on the game and the reports out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a question from a journo ffs, I'm not saying it was fact, I'm pointing out I wasn't alone in making the connection.

Extraordinary stuff! I commented on the game and the reports out of the game.
You’re just repeating yourself

You’re just repeating yourself

No s**t, because it doesn't seem to be sinking in with you considering you still seem confused at what the conversation was about. Move on mate. You lost, take your medicine.

No s**t, because it doesn't seem to be sinking in with you considering you still seem confused at what the conversation was about. Move on mate.
I think you should because your whole premise is accusing a fair player in being a thug for an unfortunate incident. And then using some ridiculous Parker Shiel reference

I think you should because your whole premise is accusing a fair player in being a thug for an unfortunate incident. And then using some ridiculous Parker Shiel reference

My whole premise is that your side came out playing the tough guys which was cute and it was never going to work against us. It was there in my first post and it's here in my last. Looks like I've had to repeat myself again. Figure it out. Feel free to point out where I called Wright a thug, because I didn't. So don't go making things up to spin it.

My whole premise is that your side came out playing the tough guys which was cute and it was never going to work against us. It was there in my first post and it's here in my last. Looks like I've had to repeat myself again. Figure it out.
FFS ..if the Wright incident didn’t happen you wouldn’t even have posted. It’s pissed you off and you can’t admit it ..muddled your thoughts with emotion and the Parker comment followed. Just like quite a few of your fans on the main board.

FFS ..if the Wright incident didn’t happen you wouldn’t even have posted. It’s pissed you off and you can’t admit it ..muddled your thoughts with emotion and the Parker comment followed. Just like quite a few of your fans on the main board.

Haha Chef actually brought it up not me. I made a general comment about the faux tough guy act from the Bombers. Which is what it was. And is what Papley called out. It was hilarious. I wasn't emotional, and I'm still not. "Muddled my thoughts" PMSL. My thoughts are so muddled you thought I called Wright a thug when I never did. Go find the quote please or walk it back. You're just sooking after yet another loss to us. Move on.

Haha Chef actually brought it up not me. I made a general comment about the faux tough guy act from the Bombers. Which is what it was. And is what Papley called out. It was hilarious. I wasn't emotional, and I'm still not. "Muddled my thoughts" PMSL. My thoughts are so muddled you thought I called Wright a thug when I never did. Go find the quote please or walk it back. You're just sooking after yet another loss to us. Move on.
You agreed with the thug comment. You made a silly Parker comment trying to be tough guys ..it happens. One day I’ll make a silly comment.

You agreed with the thug comment. You made a silly Parker comment ..it happens. One day I’ll make a silly comment.

Where did I agree with a 'thug comment'? Please pull up the quotes or walk it back. You're struggling big time now, so just leave it and save everyone else this back and forth. Admit you were wrong and your team are tough guy wannabes who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. :D

Where did I agree with a 'thug comment'? Please pull up the quotes or walk it back. You're struggling big time now, so just leave it and save everyone else this back and forth. Admit you were wrong and your team are tough guy wannabes who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. :D
You’re still upset ..have a lie down

So you can't pull up the quotes. All good mate, we all get things wrong sometimes. Man of you to admit it.
A blind man could see what you’ve implied here. You got upset from an accident on the footy field ..own it

A blind man could see what you’ve implied here. You got upset from an accident on the footy field ..own it

Implied where? Pull up the quote.

All I can see is me saying 'That's what they should bring the red card in for'. What exactly am I implying there? That he did something worthy of a red card? Not sure that's calling him a thug. Not upset about anything, had a giggle throughout the game at Essendon's attempts to rile us up. But again, I'll take that apology and you can call it a night bud.

Funny by the way, just had a peek on the main board since you keep going on about it. You might want to get the story straight with your Bombers mates

They mock shiel for being soft
Then sook when we show some physicality.

Short memories too. Only 2 years ago rowbottom went the snipe on merrett.

Looks like I'm not the only one whose mind drifted to the Shiel incident. :) See, I can actually pull up quotes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back