The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Implied where? Pull up the quote.

All I can see is me saying 'That's what they should bring the red card in for'. What exactly am I implying there? That he did something worthy of a red card? Not sure that's calling him a thug. Not upset about anything, had a giggle throughout the game at Essendon's attempts to rile us up. But again, I'll take that apology and you can call it a night bud.
Oh there’s still an hour of this movie to go so plenty of time. So you admit the Wright incident was just an unfortunate clumsy incident. No malice intent? Amd if so what others incidents apart from Draper were there? That were as poor as McInererney standing over Laverde when Laverde lying in the ground possibly injured? Or Grundy throwing a guy to the ground.

Oh there’s still an hour of this movie to go so plenty of time. So you admit the Wright incident was just an unfortunate clumsy incident. No malice intent? Amd if so what others incidents apart from Draper were there? That were as poor as McInererney standing over Laverde when Laverde lying in the ground possibly injured? Or Grundy throwing a guy to the ground.

I think it's an incident that will see him miss a month and should have seen him miss the majority of tonight's game, yep. Glad you acknowledge I never called him a thug though. :) Progress.

1711201823361.png

Enjoy your movie.

I think it's an incident that will see him miss a month and should have seen him miss the majority of tonight's game, yep. Glad you acknowledge I never called him a thug though. :) Progress.

View attachment 1937635

Enjoy your movie.
Delay in response due to good part of the movie. So what other incidents were there for Nick to have this opinion? Brad Scott did end Nick’s career so who knows.

if that was supposedly a game where one team was trying to hurt the other side then really that just media hyperbole at its finest. it was a physical game and sydney had a bit more class and ability to put the foot down when required. no need to make the game out to be anything more than competitive until the end.

if that was supposedly a game where one team was trying to hurt the other side then really that just media hyperbole at its finest. it was a physical game and sydney had a bit more class and ability to put the foot down when required. no need to make the game out to be anything more than competitive until the end.
Then I guess Scott's comments during the week were ignored by the players. Pretty telling.

The whole circus distracts from how poor the Bombers are running the other way. They were killed in transition last week as well and would've lost had the Hawks kicked straight.

Even when Norf were decent under Brad Scott they had this problem

Exactly right. Scott wanting more edge meant he wanted more commitment to the footy, which they did at stages but in the end list to a better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole circus distracts from how poor the Bombers are running the other way. They were killed in transition last week as well and would've lost had the Hawks kicked straight.

Even when Norf were decent under Brad Scott they had this problem
This issue long predates Scott at Essendon.

Even in Rutten's good season, we still got cut up.

Exactly right. Scott wanting more edge meant he wanted more commitment to the footy, which they did at stages but in the end list to a better team.

Draper's late hit on Lloyd (no 50m awarded), Laverde late on Papley (no free awarded), Martin roughing up a player taking a mark late on (also not penalised), on top of the fraccas around play, on top of Wright's clumsy challenge on Cunningham. On top of behind the play hits that a few players have come out and spoken about (Papley and Heeney). Plenty of incidents that individually happen relatively often, but stacked up come across as a clear message and tactic.

This issue long predates Scott at Essendon.

Even in Rutten's good season, we still got cut up.

You played pretty well on the balance of play, so if you can maintain that you should play finals. I don't think marking yourselves on dealing with our transition will mean too much given the elite level we seem to have risen to. You'll knock off 70% of the comp playing like that.

Redman copped a week for something similar ..hopefully AFL look into it. No need for this off the ball. Caldwell copped one in the head as well. Grundy slinging player to the ground. McInerney being a standover dick after Laverde did a near perfect spoil on Papley

Cody Weightman is going for the world record lol.

You played pretty well on the balance of play, so if you can maintain that you should play finals. I don't think marking yourselves on dealing with our transition will mean too much given the elite level we seem to have risen to. You'll knock off 70% of the comp playing like that.
It largely depends how our mids do going inside 50. We turn it over way too often and then they have little interest in defending, so it rebounds extremely easily. Obviously Sydney are a very good team but Hawthorn were doing it easily as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back