• Big M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goulburn Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OAK Classic

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FUIC is the most popular drink, full stop, in this state. It's the only state where a milk drink outsells a soft drink.

Pretty much by now, it's gotta be habit for people rather than it being that good. It's pretty good, don't get me wrong, but it's entrenched in our everyday life to the extent that it seems to be bought by default now.

For me:

1. Dare - and not available here anymore :(

2. Pura Classic Coffee milk - my choice now

3. Nippys (only comes in 375ml, I'm seeing a little cult following of this brand. They do decent Honeycomb and Chocolate too)

4. Farmers Union Iced Coffee

5. Farmers Union Strong Iced Coffee

6. Oak Max

7. Feel Good/FUIC Light

8. Pauls Iced Coffee and water in a close tie for 8th. Couldn't split the two

Oh no I missed Ice Break and Rush from my list!

Ice Break in at about 4th then, and Rush between the 2 diet Pura varieties.

well i have ice coffee every day , and have had ice-coffee's all over the world and i still think my home made ice-coffee is the best - end thread .

Gotta go with the Dare Double Expresso, hits the spot just right. Not too sweet, strong coffee flavour kick, smooth, it goes down really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gave my vote to OAK.
Not even tried it yet but its the only flavored milk that actually uses full cream milk, not crappy skim milk which just simply isn't creamy enough.
Was going to vote for farmers union but its always disappointed me they don't use full cream milk, and the regular OAK iced coffee is a bit shite, but OAK CLASSIC, im assuming it will be amazing and im going to buy one on the way home.

Keen to make one for me?

one cyber ice-coffee coming your way for breakfast :D .

generally on the weekend i go the hack with ice-cream etc but during the week when im limited for time before work , i go a simple on the run ice-coffee .
2 tsp raw sugar , 1 tsp coffee , 2 cups full cream milk . let it sit stiring occasionally until i finish breaky then skull it down .
on the weekend , add ice-cream and canned whipped cream .
now some may say , ohh , its better with perculated coffee and fresh cream etc etc but ive had many ice-coffee in countries that live on perculated coffee like italy and france aswell as loads of cafe's and restaurants across australia and mine are still better . its all in the resting time and a nice tasting vanilla ice-cream . i also used to be a chef so im not just making crap up .

one of the best combo ice-coffee / bacon and egg breakies i have had was in a little place just out of hobart called Sorell .
there is a cafe on the corner opposite macca's ( can't remember the name ) . it was magnificent . if your down that way , drop in for breaky . we were looking at the suckers in macca's accross the road who were eating rubbery crap while we dined on good fresh local ingredients for probably not alot more in price . its just your basic takeaway cafe but there is something about that good old friendly service you get down in tassie that won us over . the bread was awesome , the bacon was awesome , the eggs were sensational , the portion size was excellent , the ice-coffee was made with love and the service was great .
off memory , it was $7.50 for the bacon + eggs ( 2 big slices of toasted sour dough bread , but not real doughy stuff , it was just right , 4 big slices of yummo bacon and 2 large fried eggs ) .
the ice-coffee was around $4.50 , in a large glass and very nice .

we walked out saying , we are going back and we did two days later on our way to a tasman island boat trip . and , we would go back again .

After some tinkering I made a decent home-made ice coffee as follows:

1.) Make a plunger of good strong coffee - at least half a litre. Leave it to cool.

2.) Get a pint glass

3.) Fill just the bottom with sweetened condensed milk - the stuff that comes in a tin. NOT evaporated milk. About the width of your thumb.

4.) Top up to halfway with ordinary milk - skinny, full cream, UHT, whatever.

5.) At this point, if you have a sweet tooth, you can stir in extra sugar - I use a tablespoon of low-calorie Splenda because this stuff is bad on the waistline. If you use cane sugar maybe add it to the coffee at step 1.) so it dissolves.

6.) Top up to just below the brim of the pint glass with your cold coffee.

7.) Add a few ice cubes

8.) Enjoy!

After some tinkering I made a decent home-made ice coffee as follows:

1.) Make a plunger of good strong coffee - at least half a litre. Leave it to cool.

2.) Get a pint glass

3.) Fill just the bottom with sweetened condensed milk - the stuff that comes in a tin. NOT evaporated milk. About the width of your thumb.

4.) Top up to halfway with ordinary milk - skinny, full cream, UHT, whatever.

5.) At this point, if you have a sweet tooth, you can stir in extra sugar - I use a tablespoon of low-calorie Splenda because this stuff is bad on the waistline. If you use cane sugar maybe add it to the coffee at step 1.) so it dissolves.

6.) Top up to just below the brim of the pint glass with your cold coffee.

7.) Add a few ice cubes

8.) Enjoy!

I just put milk, instant coffee, ice cream and ice cubes in a shaker and shake the s**t out of it. Tastes great. :thumbsu:

I used to love Farmers Union but I'm a bit over it at the moment. I like Rush. Especially being diabetic it's not too sweet or fatty. Goulburn Valley is truly disgusting.

Back