The Crows Logo Thread

What should be done regarding our logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

NewCrowsLogoshrunk-2.jpg

Edit: Obviously not my design. From the message to Fagan thread.
Just a thought, but what if our official documentation (letterheads etc) used our original logo, then we use this one for all for our merchandise? For our away guernsey we have a white top with a blue yellow and red horizontal band across the middle and then this image (without the lettering) sitting over the top of the horizontal bands in the middle of the guernsey? That way it isn't too big, it's black so it stands out as well. Anyone able to do a mock up? Could look pretty good.

Just a thought, but what if our official documentation (letterheads etc) used our original logo, then we use this one for all for our merchandise? For our away guernsey we have a white top with a blue yellow and red horizontal band across the middle and then this image (without the lettering) sitting over the top of the horizontal bands in the middle of the guernsey? That way it isn't too big, it's black so it stands out as well. Anyone able to do a mock up? Could look pretty good.
This or plain hoops in my opinion.
crow guernsey.png

Tried my hand at a side on logo. Attempted to add some elements of the old logo but the yellow beak was about the only thing that looked ok haha
View attachment 87977
the best one I've seen by MILES! Twitters pump it around! Get fages on board.

exceptional work mate, the splodgy front-on ones weren't doing it for me but that is ace and kind of a modern throwback to our original logo. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I actually don't mind the new logo but the old one brings back so many great memories. Should update it a bit to make it more modern, but keep the core design
But if you update it, it then becomes a new logoo_O
We should revert to our original logo otherwise we will never be satisfied and we'll be having this conversation again when we need a new thread because we can't think of anything else to whinge about during the off season:rolleyes:

the best one I've seen by MILES! Twitters pump it around! Get fages on board.

exceptional work mate, the splodgy front-on ones weren't doing it for me but that is ace and kind of a modern throwback to our original logo. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
I was a massive fan of the front on logos to start, but now I think a side on logo would look better, especially if some elements of the original logo can be captured.

I don't really think much of any of the logos put forward in this thread...

sure, they're better than the one currently used, but that isn't saying anything...

I'm finding that these are just as gimmicky as our current logo.

Crows are elegant creatures. They're jet black and statuesque with an iridescence to their feathers. I feel like our logo should capture that and then turn that elegance into a professional brand that projects us as a club. Not a kids club showbag design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a massive fan of the front on logos to start, but now I think a side on logo would look better, especially if some elements of the original logo can be captured.
thing is you lose the form of the head from front on and you have eyes stuck on a big glob.

side on makes it easier to capture the shape of a crow.

Marketing need to get the a$$ into gear and give us fans some better choices for merchandise. The current stuff out there is ruined by our current logo, looks terrible.

im glad we made the top 10.. i hope this gets back to the club so they get rid of the rubbish.
has anyone got pics of every guernsey we have ever had/used?
ive got a few at home. i have the original sekeem one from 1991 , 96 centenary one, 98 traning red guernsey, 2000 guernsey with new AFL logo, 2000 away guernsey, 2007 guernsey (with navy blue down the sides). havent bought one since... i will buy a new one before the 2015 season.
i regret not buying the 2009 away guernsey (re-birth of the 90s pre season one) and regret not buying the red clash jumper we wore in 2007.

im glad we made the top 10.. i hope this gets back to the club so they get rid of the rubbish.
has anyone got pics of every guernsey we have ever had/used?
ive got a few at home. i have the original sekeem one from 1991 , 96 centenary one, 98 traning red guernsey, 2000 guernsey with new AFL logo, 2000 away guernsey, 2007 guernsey (with navy blue down the sides). havent bought one since... i will buy a new one before the 2015 season.
i regret not buying the 2009 away guernsey (re-birth of the 90s pre season one) and regret not buying the red clash jumper we wore in 2007.

Whaa? It's absolutely hideous.

I urge you not to buy a new one before 2015 unless they improve things dramatically (ie. logo, quality). Lack of sales is the strongest message supporters can send the club.

I also liked liked 2007 red clash guernsey, but I understand why it was so unpopular.

You can normally find most guernseys on ebay if you look regularly.

I don't really think much of any of the logos put forward in this thread...

sure, they're better than the one currently used, but that isn't saying anything...
True, people just keep coming up with cartoon logos I just don't find the appeal in them, Adelaide needs a shield instead.

I got a 2008 away one (the one before they added the stupid yellow bib on the front). It's still my all time favourite and is my standard game day attire.

NewCrowsLogoshrunk-2.jpg

Edit: Obviously not my design. From the message to Fagan thread.

30 Likes, thats enough for me to say we should go with this logo. Absolutely love it, it represents the steely determination of Roo, Fages and Walshy to place the Crows back on the map in the AFL. :thumbsu:

Back